[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Mi 5

Search This thread

Uwai yan

Jul 3, 2017
Clean flash using recommend firmware and los18.1 make phone sensor die.Help me please.How to solve.No mod.No magisk.Clean flash only firmware and ROM zip.

xxy0

Oct 23, 2013
Is there any APP or xposed mod which can add a function of searching call log for the LOS default dialer(com.android.dialer)?

guardog

Apr 2, 2015
hi, thanks for the ROM, I came from AEX that was starting to get real laggy hence I have decided to take a leap of faith after seeing so many positive reviews in here.

I did a clean install and everything went well, so I am sharing what I have done here:

1. using the Official TWRP App, downloaded and flashed the twrp-3.5.2_9-0-gemini.img recovery
  2. set up adb and fastboot on my PC according to this guide https://wiki.lineageos.org/adb_fastboot_guide
  3. downloaded the following packages:
  4. reboot phone into recovery
  5. wiped the phone, and then sideloaded the packages using adb according to the instructions in "Installing LineageOS from recovery" section of the wiki (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/gemini/install)
    Sideload sequence:
    1. official mi5 firmware
    2. lineage OS package
    3. MindTheGapps package
  6. adb reboot

I did a factory reset immediately in anticipation of this problem https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-official-lineageos-18-1-weeklies-for-xiaomi-mi-5.4170027/post-85152423

I did not know whether I needed to do that but I've done it anyway since it's a clean install.

There's a small glitch I've encountered during the first-time setup wizard - after setting the PIN and fingerprint, if you choose to skip the voice activation part for Google assistant it will just loop back to the PIN setup step, until you choose YES and set up the voice activation.

Otherwise the ROM has been working fine for me so far.

JackSlaterIV

Sep 4, 2013
I did a factory reset immediately in anticipation of this problem https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-official-lineageos-18-1-weeklies-for-xiaomi-mi-5.4170027/post-85152423

I did not know whether I needed to do that but I've done it anyway since it's a clean install.
Hi, does gps work fine for you? I read a lot about this common issue but could not find any solution, apart the reset, which I can't do at the moment. Would you post your gps.conf for comparison?

Reactions: momu22

Mike Rus Forest

Jun 1, 2021
tell me the creators of this firmware, how to turn on Volte? constantly writes "server error" "failure" and everything in this plan. when I turn off Volte in the settings, the calls work fine. I also tried the PE, Aex firmware and Volte worked fine there. But I like your ROM, and I'm uncomfortable without Volte(((

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211112-132722_True_Phone.png
    Screenshot_20211112-132722_True_Phone.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: PlagueCz

rh_1363

Jul 2, 2013
Esfahan
For Download Previous Version of LineageOS Please Visit:

Download Latest Version of LineageOS 17.1:
lineage-17.1-20210328-nightly-gemini-signed

Download Latest Version of LineageOS 16.0:
lineage-16.0-20200607-nightly-gemini-signed

Some_1

May 8, 2019
Everything works but the problem is it starts lagging after couple of day. I have disabled all battery optimization yet app freezes and gets super annoying to operate. I would argue performance is more important than battery optimization

zaqa17

Nov 25, 2021
Hello, I don't want to press the home button, what should I do to return to the main menu?

specialdo

Sep 23, 2009
Bologna
Hi! Now I have lineage os 17.1 20210228 nightly. In this days, I'm using the hotspot function and I noted that after a while, it stop working.
Now I want to try lineage os 18.1 but I don't want to wipe and Lost all my data. Can I upgrade without format and Restore my apps? I have magisk, YouTube vanced installed and other apps. Thanks.

topo01

Aug 10, 2014
Munich
Xiaomi Mi 5
Samsung Galaxy S22
Hi! Now I have lineage os 17.1 20210228 nightly. In this days, I'm using the hotspot function and I noted that after a while, it stop working.
Now I want to try lineage os 18.1 but I don't want to wipe and Lost all my data. Can I upgrade without format and Restore my apps? I have magisk, YouTube vanced installed and other apps. Thanks.
I went from 17.1 to 18.1 without losing data and apps. But: I don't have Magisk.

Here is what I did

Reactions: specialdo

specialdo

Sep 23, 2009
Bologna
I upgraded from 17.1 to 18.1 without lose data and app. But now I have two problems:
- Vanced YouTube after reboot disappear. I have installed new version of magisk.

- the Bluetooth speaker doesn't work anymore. I made the association, spotify sees it but no audio is transmitted. Are there any problems with Bluetooth? The speaker is old, a rokono b10.

Thank you

topo01

Aug 10, 2014
Munich
Xiaomi Mi 5
Samsung Galaxy S22
I upgraded from 17.1 to 18.1 without lose data and app. But now I have two problems:
- Vanced YouTube after reboot disappear. I have installed new version of magisk.

- the Bluetooth speaker doesn't work anymore. I made the association, spotify sees it but no audio is transmitted. Are there any problems with Bluetooth? The speaker is old, a rokono b10.

Thank you
I did have an issue with my old Bose Sound Link mini II: It did play the music but I couldn't adjust volume. I did a factory reset of the speaker and made new Bluetooth coupling. Now it's good.

Reactions: specialdo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Broken / not yet supported:
    • Nothing (?)

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data), including VoLTE
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • HW crypto (FDE)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi 5 variants (32GB / 64GB / 128GB). Xiaomi Mi 5S and 5S Plus are not supported.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 8.0 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI V10.2.2.0.OAAMIXM global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 5 - Direct link)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • Current minimal * required * firmware version is MIUI V10.2.2.0.OAAMIXM global stable, otherwise installation will fail. Download the latest dev fastboot package directly from Xiaomi and flash it prior to installing LineageOS or, alternatively, download and install one of the latest custom packages containing firmware only (at your own risk).
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    This work is due to efforts from Mi5Devs founding members (@h2o64 and me) that did the full device bring-up. Huge thanks to @deovferreira for all the help during the kernel bring-up after source code dropped. Last but not least, pleasure having @luca020400 and @LuK1337 onboard since the bring-up of the whole Xiaomi 8996 family.​
    Finally, all LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is up. Since this is based on the new AOSP feature drop, it's now Lineage 18.1. Enjoy. :cool:
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included.
    A new thing is coming soon!
    New build is up. It includes March's security patch.