[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Mi 5

Search This thread

lwdzhuanyong

Aug 24, 2015
Hello, can I give feedback on this post?

QC 3.0 not working
factory battly checked
charger and wire checked buyed form same store

alefmm

May 15, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F3
@bgcngm

Can you compile this ROM like production to avoid this tags [userdebug] switching that for [user] tag?
I guess this is necessary to avoid some apps that detect system modifications.

1628581703831.png

skyless_kingdom

Mar 15, 2016
Hello!
Is there any way to change the kernel governor? Getting an insane throttle during the phone charge.
Using the lastest nightly 08.08, pico gapps and magisk 23, fresh install.

nxr_

Feb 18, 2016
I've never seen the phone use more than 2GB of RAM, been using a Mi 5 with LineageOS since the first days. I figured it's just that I didn't happen to see it but it also always says the average is 2GB. And I have always gotten redraws of the launcher and apps closing.

After all this time I doubt that it's a bug and LOS just likes having one third of the memory free, but it kinda sucks tbh.

Edit: 1.9GB to be exact, always.

alefmm

May 15, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F3
I've never seen the phone use more than 2GB of RAM, been using a Mi 5 with LineageOS since the first days. I figured it's just that I didn't happen to see it but it also always says the average is 2GB. And I have always gotten redraws of the launcher and apps closing.

After all this time I doubt that it's a bug and LOS just likes having one third of the memory free, but it kinda sucks tbh.

Normal.
Same as A7 Nougat.

Try freezing unnecessary apps to get more RAM available if you really need free RAM for some reason.

topo01

Aug 10, 2014
Munich
Xiaomi Mi 5
Samsung Galaxy S22

Ooh, I'm lucky. My avg is 2.1GB.
However, I agree and I too never understood what it is good for to NOT use about 1/3 of the available RAM.

cstn

Jul 29, 2007
the Latest rom lineage-18.1-20210829-nightly-gemini-signed,
could this rom support STATIC ip address for wifi tethering (hotspot)?

i noticed every time the hotspot ip is different, this time is 192.168.140.78, next time will be 192.168.209.26, always changing. I want it be static

rh_1363

Jul 2, 2013
Esfahan
Hi.
Is there any further support for Xiaomi Mi5?
I saw in official LineageOS website, that there is still new updates.
for example I saw lineage-18.1-20210905-nightly-gemini-signed.zip rom, the release date is 2021-09-05. But I don't know what is the change log for this new release. I don't know whether they solve the bugs or not.
I red on this topic a few user encounter some bugs. have their problems solved yet or not?
Finally, is there any other Custom ROM for Mi5 that is better than Lineageos?

_n1c0

Apr 3, 2019
Hi.
Is there any further support for Xiaomi Mi5?
I saw in official LineageOS website, that there is still new updates.
for example I saw lineage-18.1-20210905-nightly-gemini-signed.zip rom, the release date is 2021-09-05. But I don't know what is the change log for this new release. I don't know whether they solve the bugs or not.
I red on this topic a few user encounter some bugs. have their problems solved yet or not?
Finally, is there any other Custom ROM for Mi5 that is better than Lineageos?
https://download.lineageos.org/gemini/changes/
it's not enough ?

you can check this if you want to declare or follow an issue : https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues?scope=all&state=all&label_name[]=device:gemini

Last edited:
Reactions: rh_1363

Crim Soukyuu

Jun 10, 2014
So it turns out that I am able to make calls, but not receive any. There is no notification, no crash messages, nothing.

I saw post about setting the default phone app, but I only have the built in one and it is set as default. Try asking someone to call you and see what happens...
I now have the same problem on TWO mi5 devices. On one it seemed to work, but after factory reset, it died as well. I have checked that the phone app is set as default and is not battery optimized. I have also tried installing google dialer as well as truecaller and setting them as the default phone app, but still no incoming calls. Even the test call truecaller makes on setup did not work.

This is on latest build + mindthegapps, but also tried nikgapps and opengapps already.

Crim Soukyuu

Jun 10, 2014
I now have the same problem on TWO mi5 devices. On one it seemed to work, but after factory reset, it died as well. I have checked that the phone app is set as default and is not battery optimized. I have also tried installing google dialer as well as truecaller and setting them as the default phone app, but still no incoming calls. Even the test call truecaller makes on setup did not work.

This is on latest build + mindthegapps, but also tried nikgapps and opengapps already.
I might have figured something out.

There seems to be a bug with incoming calls if there is only a SIM card in slot 2, but not slot 1. In that case, no incoming calls are working for that SIM. Once you switch to slot 1, everything (including VoLTE) works.

This does not matter on MIUI, which is why I think it's a bug. It's also present on havocOS for example, so might be device tree related.

It doesn't really help the issue that the SIM tray is unmarked, and the three people I asked all said the inner slot is the first one... it isn't.

Reactions: topo01

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Broken / not yet supported:
    • Nothing (?)

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data), including VoLTE
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • HW crypto (FDE)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi 5 variants (32GB / 64GB / 128GB). Xiaomi Mi 5S and 5S Plus are not supported.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 8.0 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI V10.2.2.0.OAAMIXM global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 5 - Direct link)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • Current minimal * required * firmware version is MIUI V10.2.2.0.OAAMIXM global stable, otherwise installation will fail. Download the latest dev fastboot package directly from Xiaomi and flash it prior to installing LineageOS or, alternatively, download and install one of the latest custom packages containing firmware only (at your own risk).
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    This work is due to efforts from Mi5Devs founding members (@h2o64 and me) that did the full device bring-up. Huge thanks to @deovferreira for all the help during the kernel bring-up after source code dropped. Last but not least, pleasure having @luca020400 and @LuK1337 onboard since the bring-up of the whole Xiaomi 8996 family.​
    Finally, all LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is up. Since this is based on the new AOSP feature drop, it's now Lineage 18.1. Enjoy. :cool:
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included.
    A new thing is coming soon!
    New build is up. It includes March's security patch.