• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S

Search This thread

immerzu2

Dec 11, 2020
What does that mean?
Isn't it a good thing for suitable settings to be started.
Would you rather have unsuitable settings?

Confused!?
I mean this is the home screen:

edit:

found the bug. I use OLED-saver. After each restart, this program requests authorization, which, however, has already been granted.

Last edited:

eriklinsen

May 20, 2010
Barendrecht
You can dirty-flash 18.1 + MindTheGapps over 17.1 + OpenGApps.
Originally I had the same concerns as you but this has worked for me and other users.

On 17.1 I was using the OpenGApps nano package since back then it was advised to not use any other package. Not sure what will happen, if you are using another OpenGApps package.

I'm confused, dirty flash normally means that userdata will be kept so apps and configuration from those don't need te be installed again.

But in the first post is is stated to format /system, /data and /cache.
So then things would be lost and everything needs to be installed again.

With dirty flashing /system and /data can't be formatted. So what to to then, only format /cache en then dirty install 18.1 and MindTheGapps and wipe /cache afterwards again?

NoGoodUserNamesLeft

Feb 15, 2017
GT-i9250
LG Nexus 5X
Are you coming from official LineageOS 17.1? In that case dirty flashing worked for me and it has kept my apps, settings and data.
Still you should backup all your important stuff before the upgrade.

Regarding formatting: I don't remember anymore what I did precisely, but I'm pretty sure I did not format any partitions. If anything, then I have wiped (not formatted) the "Dalvik / Art Cache" and "Cache" after installation of the ROM and the gapps. But this might not even be required.

Here is the official guide on how to upgrade to a higher version of LineageOS (e.g. lineage-15.1 -> lineage-16.0): https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/polaris/upgrade
There it does not say anything about wiping/formatting.

eriklinsen

May 20, 2010
Barendrecht
Are you coming from official LineageOS 17.1? In that case dirty flashing worked for me and it has kept my apps, settings and data.
Still you should backup all your important stuff before the upgrade.

Regarding formatting: I don't remember anymore what I did precisely, but I'm pretty sure I did not format any partitions. If anything, then I have wiped (not formatted) the "Dalvik / Art Cache" and "Cache" after installation of the ROM and the gapps. But this might not even be required.

Here is the official guide on how to upgrade to a higher version of LineageOS (e.g. lineage-15.1 -> lineage-16.0): https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/polaris/upgrade
There it does not say anything about wiping/formatting.
Thankx for this information. I used ADB Sideload for upgrading to LineageOS 18.1. Afterwards I installed Gapps and cleared Dalvik and Cache. My device booted properly and everything is still there. Looks like everything is working properly.

Reactions: NoGoodUserNamesLeft

ilyvasile

May 9, 2014
Good rom, good battery life, only one problem encountered - NFC mifare tag (aka troika transport card) not working in apps, looks like similar problem to this patch on another xiaomi phone with NXP

Attachments

• 1629030179284.png
    1629030179284.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 23
  • logcat.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

SchimiEX

Jun 3, 2016
i noticed a big battery drain if the Display is one (since a few month), but i don´t sure... maybe ist´s a "dying" battery

Always when i use the Edge browser... the Phone increase the temperature....
And the Display is mostly to bright (Auto-Brightness, still don´t work)

Flipawr

Aug 27, 2021
Why default launcher so bad? How can I customize my menu if I want horizontal scroll and ability to sort app in order I like, not in alphabet order?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    message: "adbd cannot run as root in production builds" But without adb root i cannot run sideload
    Do you have TWRP or OrangeFox recovery installed?

If the answer is yes:
    1. Make a backup of your data
    2. Update recovery to the latest version
    3. Boot phone into recovery mode
    4. The command adb root should not be required now
    5. Verify the phone is being recognized be the PC with the command adb devices -l
    6. Activate sideload in recovery
    7. Continue with step 5 from your original link (Run adb sideload...)
    Update...urrgh...where can i get version 17 ? on the website I find only 18
    You will not get it from https://download.lineageos.org/polaris anymore. You will have to download it from some 3rd party sites where you can not be sure whether it is free of malware.

You can try googling for file: lineage-17.1-20210312-nightly-polaris-signed.zip
    With this SHA256 check sum: 8b3359ed87e9f65477c66f7c390d3abb07d6c40191104cb2d289d2bd61b35c5b

Alternative: lineage-17.1-20210219-nightly-polaris-signed.zip
    SHA256: dc2ac46d89d93757e7952455fa81480dee0f3852bedd20e8fd1bbf842df101f0

And don't forget to update the firmware: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/firmware/polaris/
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.4.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi MIX 2S)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    Lots of updates for the upcoming build. :D
    No new build this week @bgcngm ?
    Official nightly should be out real soon.
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working Bluetooth A2DP and WiFi Display.
    Thank you everyone for testing the NFC configs. :) Upcoming build will include the fix.