[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S

Search This thread

pwn1ca

Feb 5, 2009
I was able to test the Bluetooth connectivity with my car today. Unfortunately the phone can be paired but I was not able to connect to the head unit. The phone prints "Can't connect, please restart your device"

Do you think that this could be easily fixed in the near future? I need this feature, otherwise I must switch to another Rom :(

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

What recovery, TWRP or Lineage recovery? TWRP should work, but Lineage one doesn't support userdata decryption by design.

That one which will be installed with your zip-file . :) Lineage recovery, thank you very much for clarification.

Last edited:

pwn1ca

Feb 5, 2009
I've checked the connection to another Bluetooth speaker today, unfortunately even that's not working. Pity! I guess I must switch to another Rom then :-/

stillka

Mar 9, 2008
Presov
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
I've checked the connection to another Bluetooth speaker today, unfortunately even that's not working. Pity! I guess I must switch to another Rom then :-/

ArrowOS 11 is perfect, only 3 issues:
- connection to TV using wireless display reboot the phone
- android auto doesn't work (I cant confirm, dont have one)
- encryption is disabled

Flash "vanilla" version, not gapp integrated version, its better, flash your own gapps on vanilla, like NikGapps core for Android 11.

pwn1ca

Feb 5, 2009
ArrowOS 11 is perfect, only 3 issues:
- connection to TV using wireless display reboot the phone
- android auto doesn't work (I cant confirm, dont have one)
- encryption is disabled

Flash "vanilla" version, not gapp integrated version, its better, flash your own gapps on vanilla, like NikGapps core for Android 11.

Hey @stillka,

thanks for your suggestion, thats exactly what I already did today :D

kind regards!

Reactions: stillka

folkg

Jun 2, 2011
Calgary
Thanks for keeping our device alive!

I would also just like to report the bluetooth connection issue. My headphones do appear to connect, but I get the same "Can't connect, please restart your device" error message.

The auto-brightness also seems a little bit more erratic than on the latest 17.1 build.

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Thanks for keeping our device alive!

I would also just like to report the bluetooth connection issue. My headphones do appear to connect, but I get the same "Can't connect, please restart your device" error message.

The auto-brightness also seems a little bit more erratic than on the latest 17.1 build.
I will soon release a new build that will also include the fix for BT issues.

crux00

Jul 1, 2018
Huge thanks to bgcngm for doing this!

I attempted to flash your recent build coming from the latest xiaomi.eu weekly build. I formatted system, data, dalvik and cache (not internal storage but I didn't have encryption enabled on xiaomi.eu). I flashed your build using the unofficial twrp 3.4 from palaych (see https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-11-0-0-polaris-arrowos-11-0-official.4169391/) to enable encryption in the future. Unfortunately, the device doesn't boot. I can see the Mix 2s screen, then black, then Mix 2s again and then its automatically in recovery. I also tried flashing the firmware from here https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/polaris/stable/V12.0.3.0.QDGMIXM/ but it didn't change anything.

The same symptoms happen with a build that I built myself yesterday.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Berlino

Aug 8, 2012
Huge thanks to bgcngm for doing this!

I attempted to flash your recent build coming from the latest xiaomi.eu weekly build. I formatted system, data, dalvik and cache (not internal storage but I didn't have encryption enabled on xiaomi.eu). I flashed your build using the unofficial twrp 3.4 from palaych (see https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-11-0-0-polaris-arrowos-11-0-official.4169391/) to enable encryption in the future. Unfortunately, the device doesn't boot. I can see the Mix 2s screen, then black, then Mix 2s again and then its automatically in recovery. I also tried flashing the firmware from here https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/polaris/stable/V12.0.3.0.QDGMIXM/ but it didn't change anything.

The same symptoms happen with a build that I built myself yesterday.

Any ideas?

Cheers

First boot encrypts the storage, so you have to format data partition and confirm with 'yes' in order to boot the rom coming from unencrypted xiaomi.eu weekly. Just wiping each partition in twrp is not enough.

crux00

Jul 1, 2018
Thanks Berlino, that sounds plausible. I guess I'll have to extend my backup and try again then.

Thanks for this, running this build since yesterday, so far so good. Only issue I found so far is Google Maps crashing, just as it did with ArrowOS.

Can someone confirm that Google Maps is indeed not working? With all the backup/fullwipe/restore this is kind of an extended process for me and I do depend on Google Maps quite often...

Cheers

aurocha

May 24, 2013
Oporto
Hi,

Latest build is so smooth, I forget I'm running Android R. I even got Viper to work in Legacy mode, so I'm don't think ill be going back.

Only issue I found is with adaptive brighness: sometimes, out of nowhere, it just gets completely dark and I can't see anything.

Cheers,

immerzu2

Dec 11, 2020
" Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds."

I am currently using LineageOS 17.1. with the recovery " lineage-17.1-20210101-recovery-polaris.img ". Is it enough to clear system, data, cache, dalvic cache or do I need to install MIUI first? If so, which MIUI (for germany) should I install before?

Thank you.

Feb 18, 2014
Hi there !
I'm sorry if my question has already been answered, but what is the best way to roll back from LineageOS to MiUI ? I'd like to keep TWRP and root if possible. Thank you for your answers.

Regards

kissamopo

Oct 15, 2016
" Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds."

I am currently using LineageOS 17.1. with the recovery " lineage-17.1-20210101-recovery-polaris.img ". Is it enough to clear system, data, cache, dalvic cache or do I need to install MIUI first? If so, which MIUI (for germany) should I install before?

Thank you.
It is safest to install latest MIUI global stable via fastboot and start all over again. That is unless you are sure that you had a recent enough version of MIUI installed before, or you have flashed the required firmware version manually.

I think I fell in to this trap of "bad FW version" because today I installed the latest MIUI, then LOS18 and all my network problems went away...

Reactions: immerzu2

kissamopo

Oct 15, 2016
Hi there !
I'm sorry if my question has already been answered, but what is the best way to roll back from LineageOS to MiUI ? I'd like to keep TWRP and root if possible. Thank you for your answers.

Regards
In my opinion it is to flash the latest MIUI stable fastboot ROM. You will lose twrp & root and everything else on the device.

Another option is to flash xiaomi.eu but I'n not sure if that lets you keep TWRP. Root is gone in every case going from LOS to MIUI.

kissamopo

Oct 15, 2016
I'm having a very good time with this rom, thank you!
Tiny req: ability to not have the notification light on when plugged in, or the ability to change the brightness.

Is there any chance to get the notification ticker back? I loved that feature! Much less intrusive than notification bubbles etc...
edit: Here's how to get the ticker <3 back

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you coming from official LineageOS 17.1? In that case dirty flashing worked for me and it has kept my apps, settings and data.
    Still you should backup all your important stuff before the upgrade.

Regarding formatting: I don't remember anymore what I did precisely, but I'm pretty sure I did not format any partitions. If anything, then I have wiped (not formatted) the "Dalvik / Art Cache" and "Cache" after installation of the ROM and the gapps. But this might not even be required.

Here is the official guide on how to upgrade to a higher version of LineageOS (e.g. lineage-15.1 -> lineage-16.0): https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/polaris/upgrade
    There it does not say anything about wiping/formatting.
    Thankx for this information. I used ADB Sideload for upgrading to LineageOS 18.1. Afterwards I installed Gapps and cleared Dalvik and Cache. My device booted properly and everything is still there. Looks like everything is working properly.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.4.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi MIX 2S)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    Lots of updates for the upcoming build. :D
    No new build this week @bgcngm ?
    Official nightly should be out real soon.
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working Bluetooth A2DP and WiFi Display.
    Thank you everyone for testing the NFC configs. :) Upcoming build will include the fix.