[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S

Search This thread

w520

Mar 31, 2018
Finland
Secure Element will no longer crash in the background, but I am not sure if that's related with Google Pay. For Google Pay to work (and I got a confirmation it works on Mi 8) you need Magisk.
No worries, I'm sure many of us will test if it made any effect and report back when the next build releases ;)
Any insight on why would we need Magisk? Our device passes all checks for GPay on LOS without any shenanigans with Magisk, and on LOS 17.1 it wasnt required either. GPay tells its set up, only issue is that it actually wont work, hopefully resolved by the next build if the issue was related to Secure Element

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210417-130250_Google_Play_services.png
    Screenshot_20210417-130250_Google_Play_services.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 28

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
  • Apr 2, 2007
    Lisbon
    bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.com
    No worries, I'm sure many of us will test if it made any effect and report back when the next build releases ;)
    Any insight on why would we need Magisk? Our device passes all checks for GPay on LOS without any shenanigans with Magisk, and on LOS 17.1 it wasnt required either. GPay tells its set up, only issue is that it actually wont work, hopefully resolved by the next build if the issue was related to Secure Element
    Are SafetyNet checks okay without Magisk? I don't think so.

lenski

Jun 23, 2010
    Is anyone else getting really bad battery life? It'll barely make it through half a day at this rate and I was getting through the day without issues on MIUI.eu.
    The same for me... I was on 17.1 and usually had no problems surviving the day on a single charge. 2 weeks ago I updated to 18.1 and now it will only survive for half a day or so...

Could it be that 18.1 just uses more juice? Or could Xiaomi have changed the kernel to consume more in order to sell new phones?
    Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Reactions: la0pe0Ue

ioto

• Mar 4, 2013
    The same for me... I was on 17.1 and usually had no problems surviving the day on a single charge. 2 weeks ago I updated to 18.1 and now it will only survive for half a day or so...

Could it be that 18.1 just uses more juice? Or could Xiaomi have changed the kernel to consume more in order to sell new phones?
    Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?
    Back in January I came from MIUI Eu and this ROM has always have poor battery life.

Do you think there's something you can do in order to better manage battery, @bgcngm ?

NoGoodUserNamesLeft

Feb 15, 2017
    LG Nexus 5X
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
    I can confirm the increased battery drain with 18.1. I am using the same firmware as I was using with 17.1 (V12.0.3.0 QDGMIXM global) so it has nothing to do with any changes by Xiaomi. The idle battery drain has definitely increased in LOS 18.1.

Soon™ I will post some logs I made with BetterBatteryStats when on LOS 17.1 and 18.1.

MiniBlu

Aug 2, 2013
    brisbane
    I can confirm the increased battery drain with 18.1. I am using the same firmware as I was using with 17.1 (V12.0.3.0 QDGMIXM global) so it has nothing to do with any changes by Xiaomi. The idle battery drain has definitely increased in LOS 18.1.

Soon™ I will post some logs I made with BetterBatteryStats when on LOS 17.1 and 18.1.
    +1, with my usage patterns, battery life has dropped from about 16hrs on 17.1 to about 8hrs on 18.1. I retested for three days after doing a format data full clean install, also tried both 11.0.5 and 12.0.2 firmwares. No change. Went back to clean install of 17.1 and battery life is back to 16hrs.

la0pe0Ue

Jan 9, 2018
    +1, with my usage patterns, battery life has dropped from about 16hrs on 17.1 to about 8hrs on 18.1. I retested for three days after doing a format data full clean install, also tried both 11.0.5 and 12.0.2 firmwares. No change. Went back to clean install of 17.1 and battery life is back to 16hrs.
    Same for me. By the way, do you have anti-rollback on your polaris device? This seems quite annoying, I can no longer recover TWRP backups after an update which the security patch level evolves!

Last edited:

NoGoodUserNamesLeft

Feb 15, 2017
    LG Nexus 5X
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
    Comparing idle battery drain per hour on LineageOS 17.1 and 18.1 with "Mobile data always active" switched on and off:

Mobile data always active - OFFMobile data always active - ONAirplane mode
    LineageOS 17.10,4%/h (94% to 90% in ~10h) - log2,5%/h (98% to 79% in ~7.5h) - log
    LineageOS 18.12,4%/h (93% to 71% in ~9h) - log3,0%/h (100% to 73% in ~9h) - log
    LineageOS 18.1 (2021-04-23 nightly)1,7%/h (97% to 78% in ~11h) - log3,3%/h (99% to 63% in in ~11h) - log
    LineageOS 18.1 (2021-04-30 nightly)0,5%/h (93% to 88% in ~11h) - log1,3%/h (82% to 73% in ~7h) - log0,4%/h (71% to 67% in ~10h) - log

"Mobile data always active": When setting is switched off, the mobile data connection is disabled while phone is connected to WiFi. You can find this setting in developer options.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Mazoch

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
  • Apr 2, 2007
    Lisbon
    bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.com
    Comparing idle battery drain per hour on LineageOS 17.1 and 18.1 with "Mobile data always active" switched on and off:

Mobile data always active - OFFMobile data always active - ON
    LineageOS 17.10,4%/h (94% to 90% in ~10h) - log2,5%/h (98% to 79% in ~7.5h) - log
    LineageOS 18.12,4%/h (93% to 71% in ~9h) - log3,0%/h (100% to 73% in ~9h) - log

"Mobile data always active": When setting is switched off, the mobile data connection is disabled while phone is connected to WiFi.
    The LOS17.1 logs were created ~1 year ago.
    I would also like to see a comparison with the upcoming build that will include a new power HAL. ;)

ioto

• Mar 4, 2013
    NFC payments are not working either with my bank app.

I got a logcat while trying to pay with NFC. Can you try to guess whats the issue there, @bgcngm ?

Attachments

• logcat.txt
      1.4 MB · Views: 5
    Last edited:
    Reactions: NewDayRising

NoGoodUserNamesLeft

Feb 15, 2017
    LG Nexus 5X
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
    I would also like to see a comparison with the upcoming build that will include a new power HAL. ;)
    I have updated my original post. There is some improvement, but still far from what it was on 17.1 - at least with mobile data disabled.
    I will do another test with mobile data enabled to see if there is some improvement as well.

EDIT: Test with mobile data enabled was done, is still bad.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone