Recognized Developer
  • Apr 2, 2007
    Lisbon
    bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.com

NoGoodUserNamesLeft

Feb 15, 2017
    GT-i9250
    LG Nexus 5X
    Good news: The idle battery drain has improved in the latest nightly (lineage-18.1-20210430-nightly-polaris-signed).
    Now it is down to ~0.5 % per hour when mobile data is disabled.
    I have updated my original post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/goto/post?id=84885881

EDIT: When mobile data is enabled the battery drain has improved as well. Now it's even better than in LOS17.1: 1.3%/h in LOS18.1 vs. 2.5%/h in LOS17.1!

Last edited:

w520

Mar 31, 2018
    Finland
    I believe it is this issue.
    I guess this is what he means too, for me the brightness on automatic goes way too dark on certain conditions, it's near impossibility to see anything on the screen when it does that, it's like the backlight is almost fully off. Most of the time it works fine, but on certain conditions, it just doesn't.

Also like @NoGoodUserNamesLeft mentioned, also for me, idle battery drain feels like it definitely improved on the latest build, although it's early to say but feels like so

I haven't tested NFC payments yet myself, but since many have confirmed it works now, I'm sure it will work and for that, big thanks to @bgcngm for your efforts and everyone who helped to resolve the issue :)

NoGoodUserNamesLeft

Feb 15, 2017
    GT-i9250
    LG Nexus 5X
    Last edited:
    Reactions: immerzu2

frauhottelmann

Inactive Recognized Developer
    Sep 2, 2007
    I'm still having some issues when paying with NFC via my bank app. Can you look for something in my log, @bgcngm?
    For me it now works again with my bank's app.

But I also have the problem that the screen goes way to dark when automatic brightness is used. I was hoping that it would learn that I want it brighter, but it doesn't seem so.

immerzu2

Dec 11, 2020
    Can anyone recommend a good camera app similar to the original MI camera app. I'm currently using "ANXCameraUnity_170.ColorlessMediumgoldenrodDiamondbackrattlesnake", but the portrait mode doesn't work there.

stlab

Apr 8, 2014
    Can anyone recommend a good camera app similar to the original MI camera app. I'm currently using "ANXCameraUnity_170.ColorlessMediumgoldenrodDiamondbackrattlesnake", but the portrait mode doesn't work there.
    with ANXCamera you get the best results.

This works for me:

I only install MiuiKamera.zip and ANXCameraUnity_185R.SaltyIntelligentPlainsqueaker.zip.
    Portrait mode is working fine.

DAVIZINHO

Nov 2, 2009
    great rom. i use lineage os in my other lives and allways happy with the results.
    Now i install int in my mix2s and works great.

only one question, its posible to remove the keyboard seleccion bar? it allways apear in the botton of the screen when the keyboard apears.
    In other rooms exist a option to disable it and it will be very usefull.

thanks a lot!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Would be really great to have the auto-brightness issue resolved. Under low light conditions brightness is going to zero. Manual changes from that are still not learned.
      2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
      yG18r6g.png

Working:
      • Camera (and flashlight)
      • WiFi
      • NFC
      • Bluetooth
      • Telephony (Calls and Data)
      • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
      • Audio (Record and Playback)
      • Video Playback
      • Sensors
      • GPS
      • Encryption (FBE)
      • WiFi Display

Broken:
      • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
      Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S variants.​
      Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.4.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
      • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
      • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi MIX 2S)
      • Format /system, /data and /cache
      • Install LineageOS zip package
      • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Important notes:
      • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
      • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
      • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
      All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
      Lots of updates for the upcoming build. :D
      No new build this week @bgcngm ?
      Official nightly should be out real soon.
      New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working Bluetooth A2DP and WiFi Display.
      Thank you everyone for testing the NFC configs. :) Upcoming build will include the fix.