[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S

Search This thread

frauhottelmann

Inactive Recognized Developer
What is this new one-shot auto-brightness I see in LOS changelog?

Does it work in this ROM? Has anyone been able to test it yet?
It is there, but I don't know how good it is...
Screenshot_20210911-075733_Einstellungen.png

NoGoodUserNamesLeft

Feb 15, 2017
GT-i9250
LG Nexus 5X
My understanding is, with this enabled, the phone will set a specific screen brightness when the screen is switched on and will not try to re-adjust the brightness anymore.

Is this the workaround for the bad auto brightness control, where the phone will lower the brightness way too much during use?

wimsop

Feb 18, 2005
My understanding is, with this enabled, the phone will set a specific screen brightness when the screen is switched on and will not try to re-adjust the brightness anymore.

Is this the workaround for the bad auto brightness control, where the phone will lower the brightness way too much during use?
Looks like it.
I just installed lineage-18.1-20210910 and it seems to be doing just that. Way better than the old jumpy auto-brightness!

eriklinsen

May 20, 2010
Barendrecht
I just installed this update, but now my screen turn completely black after rebooting. I just see the screen were I have to enter my PIN code and before I can do that it already goes black. How do I solve this, I can't use my phone now.

Edit: never mind, i went into a completely dark room and could see a little bit on the screen, just enough to enter my pin, unlock and turn the screen brighter

Last edited:

tom65824

Aug 3, 2018
I'm confused, dirty flash normally means that userdata will be kept so apps and configuration from those don't need te be installed again.

But in the first post is is stated to format /system, /data and /cache.
So then things would be lost and everything needs to be installed again.

With dirty flashing /system and /data can't be formatted. So what to to then, only format /cache en then dirty install 18.1 and MindTheGapps and wipe /cache afterwards again?
hello
im still on Lineage 16...
just tried to sideload with my pc to lineage 18. USB debugging is enabled/ADB only - Check. But comand "adb root" (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/polaris/upgrade) will not work > message: "adbd cannot run as root in production builds" But without adb root i cannot run sideload.

I read that i should unhide magisk...but it was already visible. Does anyone have a suggestion ?

I need to keep my apps and data and i want also make a dirty flash
thanks in advance

NoGoodUserNamesLeft

Feb 15, 2017
GT-i9250
LG Nexus 5X
message: "adbd cannot run as root in production builds" But without adb root i cannot run sideload
Do you have TWRP or OrangeFox recovery installed?

If the answer is yes:
  1. Make a backup of your data
  2. Update recovery to the latest version
  3. Boot phone into recovery mode
  4. The command adb root should not be required now
  5. Verify the phone is being recognized be the PC with the command adb devices -l
  6. Activate sideload in recovery
  7. Continue with step 5 from your original link (Run adb sideload...)

Reactions: tom65824

tom65824

Aug 3, 2018
Thanks NGUNL....
i received an error ...it seems that i cant update from Lineage 16 to 18.1.
so i have to update it from 16 to 17 for now - will report

Update...urrgh...where can i get version 17 ? on the website I find only 18

NoGoodUserNamesLeft

Feb 15, 2017
GT-i9250
LG Nexus 5X
Update...urrgh...where can i get version 17 ? on the website I find only 18
You will not get it from https://download.lineageos.org/polaris anymore. You will have to download it from some 3rd party sites where you can not be sure whether it is free of malware.

You can try googling for file: lineage-17.1-20210312-nightly-polaris-signed.zip
With this SHA256 check sum: 8b3359ed87e9f65477c66f7c390d3abb07d6c40191104cb2d289d2bd61b35c5b

Alternative: lineage-17.1-20210219-nightly-polaris-signed.zip
SHA256: dc2ac46d89d93757e7952455fa81480dee0f3852bedd20e8fd1bbf842df101f0

And don't forget to update the firmware: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/firmware/polaris/

Last edited:
Reactions: tom65824

tom65824

Aug 3, 2018
thanks for the SHA´s
perhaps it is better to start a new installation after all, to risk installation from an unsafe source.

I had also not considered, that I have to update the firmware again although I am already on lineage 16
I think I have to read up again

toxico914

Aug 25, 2018
qI would like to know if Orange Fox is compatible with OTAS from LinageOS 18.1. Is there a way to update without installing the Linage OS recovery?

3234dmtr

Jan 13, 2017
Hi all,

Thanks for all efforts spent on this ROM. I've been using the Mix 2S since May 2018. Being a Chinese model, I flashed it with the official global MIUI ROM which went flawless back in the day. This year it became clear that chances are small that the Mix 2S will get a major update from Xiaomi. So I decided to flash LineageOS 18.1 on the device. Used LineageOS years ago on the original Sony Experia Z, so I knew what to expect. But now, it exceeds my expectations. Running smooth and stable with no decreased functionality relative to MIUI 12. All apps are working, even the 'tricky' ones. No root access enabled. Only one thing to point out... the 'auto brightness' feature functions more like 'auto darkness' in a really dark environment....:sneaky:

XeeV

May 29, 2011
Thank you for your work on this ROM!

I am using Mifare Classic NFC cards and they worked fine with LOS 17 but all the apps stopped working since I upgraded to LOS 18.1. There are a lot of similar issues (google search) and it looks like some code was droped from the LOS 18.1 (Android 11?). I'm not a programmer and I'm not familiar with LOS development ecosystem but it looks like folks were getting Mifare support and not once and it's not our device specific.

Is it possible to return Mifare support? Any suggestions, maybe a LOS bug report would help?

-=Serzh=-

Apr 5, 2021
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Hello!
I have a few problems.
1. Since March 2021 I can't connect to corporate wifi. The phone requires you to specify the domain. After specifying all the data, he writes - authorization error. At the same time, other phones do not ask domain and connect normally. They only ask for a username and password. Used by WPA2-enterprise via Cisco.
2. The phone does not display VoLTE activity from the status bar. I can't know if VoLTE is available until I make the call myself. Or I'll go to the hidden menu in *#*#4636#*#*
3. VoWiFi doesn't work at all.
4. After each software update, I have to re-select the launcher. No one is selected. I use Poco launcher.
5. If i use GPhone from playmarket and disabled stock caller, I can't hang up when i'm calling on 112 (911 in Russia).
lineage-18.1-20211022

Last edited:

mlwistrom

Nov 2, 2017
I just updated from LOS 16 to LOS 18 and I have noticed my T-Mobile signal is very weak and spotty. What can I do to help this?
Also, any ideas on how to get the phone app to do visual voicemail?

polcape

May 15, 2018
Hi, anyone with this ROM have problems in taking picture with Telegram?

When trying to take a photo with the front camera it freezes when you click the shutter button and doesn't save or send the photo.

Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.4.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi MIX 2S)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)

Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    Lots of updates for the upcoming build. :D
    No new build this week @bgcngm ?
    Official nightly should be out real soon.
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working Bluetooth A2DP and WiFi Display.
    Thank you everyone for testing the NFC configs. :) Upcoming build will include the fix.