• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

first_damned

Feb 24, 2009
Birmingham
Xiaomi Poco F1
Yeah depends strongly on your bank, some care about SafetyNet others don't :)
Mine does, does not work for me on LOS :)
Actually thinking about it, I am able to login to my banking app but I'm unable to add new payee and a couple of other features, it says to wait 4 days after the app has been installed but its been longer than that, I reckon it could be the safety net check. Thank you

Reactions: GeForce66

esolks

Nov 16, 2008
casablanca
Hello poco community
first of all, special thanks to the dev for this wonderful work, really happy with my poco running LOS 18.1, clean rom with only Gapps core ( nikgapps ).
if someone has found a fix for the safety net problem please share,

regards

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Hello poco community
first of all, special thanks to the dev for this wonderful work, really happy with my poco running LOS 18.1, clean rom with only Gapps core ( nikgapps ).
if someone has found a fix for the safety net problem please share,
Just install Magisk and you're done.

GeForce66

May 28, 2011
St. Pölten
Xiaomi Poco F1
Reactions: Sydtek and duttyend

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
I suggest adding info about magisk in the installation instructions to make people STOP asking about SafetyNet 10 times a day.
No, I won't do that because Magisk is unsupported. I prefer to see people asking questions here in the thread than complaining about something not working after following instructions. Besides, people using custom ROMs are surely aware of Magisk by now.

Rocky2000

Apr 19, 2015
I tried installing the latest 18.1 build with stock Nikgapps, but it always boots back into recovery. Also tried with different Nikgapps version. Flashed firmware - ROM - Gapps.

Last edited:

GeForce66

May 28, 2011
St. Pölten
Xiaomi Poco F1
I tried installing the latest 18.1 build with stock Nikgapps, but it always boots back into recovery. Also tried with different Nikgapps version. Flashed firmware - ROM - Gapps.
Please try again with Mindthegapps, those are the officially supported ones.

No worries, only the Play Store and Services will be installed, so it is really minimalistic.
All other Google apps can be obtained as normal through the Play Store.

Reactions: Rocky2000

Rocky2000

Apr 19, 2015
Please try again with Mindthegapps, those are the officially supported ones.

No worries, only the Play Store and Services will be installed, so it is really minimalistic.
All other Google apps can be obtained as normal through the Play Store.
Thanks for the info man!!!!!
Is it possible to get pixel launcher?

Top Liked Posts

Hello everybody!
    A quick message to let you know the latest release (20210724) installed fine and seems to be working perfectly!
    20210724 does not work for me: When I enter my PIN on the lock screen, I can see the touches (white circles on the keys) but no entry is made (no dots appear for the PIN numbers on the entry line).

I had to downgrade back to 20210717 and the login on the lock screen after booting works again as expected.
    Weird, do you have Magisk modules installed? Or did you modify display density or notch layout?
    Does anyone know which commit actually causes GCam 7.3 to stop working?
    I have just merged the fix. Wait for next build.
    On the latest version, my Gcam stays stuck on 'Processing HDR+'
    Anyone else?

@bgcngm I've found an annoying bug in today's build: BSG's Gcam isn't able to finish processing photos. I've solved it flashing a previous build kernel (20210620), even patched with Magisk.

Regards
    Same thing happening on latest Pixel Experience.
    I suggest you to use 7.6 or latest 8.2 Parrot043 Gcam Port, working fine and for me it's kinda better. You can find in it in my AFH Mirror.
    Hello @bgcngm

A quick bug report about the "display cutout" feature.
    I currently set it to "Hide" from developer settings and since in the "lineage-18.1-20210710-nightly-beryllium-signed" version, I notice I struggle to drag down the notification panel.

Doing more tests and I discover we can no more drag the notification panel from the top of the screen (the black part where the cutout is hidden). You have to start the drag movement carefully from the notification bar then drag down.

I wonder if it could be a regression from https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_native/+/304520 ?

And thanks for your hard work 👍
    Can confirm, this is super annoying.

Yep, same for me. I thought it was my display but guess not.

Thanks for the confirmation. As is am not alone, I posted the issue on the LineageOS bug report: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3754
    I'm happy to report that everything went smoothly and the swap from MindTheGapps to OpenGapps has completed without any problems. All my apps that rely on Google Services Framework got hooked automatically to the new package and it was NOT necessary to reset any ID or reinstall any app to get push notifications.
    Also, all the settings of my apps (Gmail, etc.) remained intact, as well as Magisk settings even though I wiped /system and /vendor. So we are lucky that every setting seems to be written in /data.

As anticipated by using the 'pico' package, it has even removed useless (for me) Google packages (Markup, etc.).

In the end, I used 3C All-in-One Toolbox to clean leftovers (if any) and optimize databases and startup code of apps, and the phone feels like a fighter jet 👍
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working WiFi Display.
    New build is out. It includes March's security patch.
    Lots of updates for the upcoming build. :D
    I am a little bummed about Lineage OS 17.1 official support being dropped as I was really happy on that ROM.
    You do realize that I am human and can't support both branches, right?