The android 11 Hotword detection is an issue with beryllium's BLOBs, not a gapps issue1. I'll check that out, haven't really looked into it, a logcat would definitely help. Although, the changes that were required for it to work in android Q are present for android R, guess it needs more than that.
2. I'd suggest you to use stock or full package as it contains Google Calendar. The sync should work fine as the calendar sync app is shipped even in the core version of NikGapps. Maybe I'll check if there's a newer version released and ensure to include it with next release.
3. Google sounds is part of stock and full, you wouldn't find it in macro. (check https://nikgapps.com/downloads for details on which package is available in which variant)
4. That's fixed with latest release. Check out 8th Nov release.
I know everyone is more comfortable with OpenGapps and it's a quite reliable project, trust that so is NikGapps, been trying to iron out all the issues that are reported with every release.
No telegram group and no intention in being part of one, sorry.
Because this is my daily driver and I use it for work. I am running your LineageOS 17.1 ROM (I and others reported the issue several times in the dedicated thread with the above link to the detailed bug report) so I cannot test 18.1 version.Why don't you tell me? I have no such issue.
Well, I see other developers updating their vendor security patch. Such as the Havoc-OS maintainer: https://github.com/PainKiller3/devi...ommit/26318128b4876b4c1dfa648022c5e43a4aca405
They update it simultaneously with the latest vendor. But you've probably more knowledge about it. Would you like to look into it? Many thanks in advance!
@bgcngmAfter the last update it has improved a lot! Thanks!
All that remains is the voice match to work again. It appears as disabled and says that it is not available in my language (en-us), but I know it is available because I already used it in 17.1.
Followed this from latest LOS 17.1, except I used MindTheGapps GApps. Everything worked fine. First boot took like 8-9 mins.I successfully upgraded (dirty flashed) from 17.1 to 18.1
- disabled login PIN
- downloaded latest TWRP, latest firmware, LineageOS 18.1 and latest OpenGapps 11 test
- upgraded TWRP and rebooted to recovery
- installed firmware, LineageOS and OpenGapps at once
- cleared dalvik and cache