[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

Barbarian king

Jun 21, 2017
Dirty flashed latest build over April 24th build, all good!

I just noticed that stock lineageos gallery lags a little bit before showing the thumbnails.. does anyone get this? I had this same "issue" on the previous builds.

That is probably an app issue.
I had the same lag issue with LOS 17.1.
Try Simple gallery pro. It is available on f-droid. You can buy from playstore to support the dev.

mathew_ver1

Apr 21, 2020
Also found another bug related to profiles. Any type of media can't be played on secondary ones other than owner. Looks like it crashes the systemUI and locks the screen. This one is new to 18.1 and fingerprint bug is carried from 17.1

Clean flashed everything from scratch. Just to be sure, reflashed MIUI and clean flashed LOS.

People! test the above things and report if this affects you as well.

Steps to reproduce-

1. Create a second profile from Settings > multi users
2. Play any video/music in 2nd profile. (It should crash and pause.
3. try to enroll fingerprint (It shouldn't allow you unless you delete them in the first profile.)

Thanks for fixing the audio bug in secondary profiles which I mentioned in the 2nd point.

Would you mind taking a look at the fingerprint bug @bgcngm ? I'm sorry if its already in your roadmap but just tagging it if you missed it somehow.

a9k1t

Jan 3, 2018
New Delhi
Is there a way to Unlimited Photos forever in Google Photos? Every other ROM has that but I love to support the main Lineage Project.

Last edited:

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
@bgcngm Dear Bruno,
I wanted to have your opinion on the fact that minimum frequency for LITTLE CPU cores is 576 MHz instead of 300 MHz.

From what I understand, it is intended because it's supposedly more effective to ramp up from there instead of a lower frequency.

In my case, I wouldn't mind a little less smoothness (which is absolute butter, congratulations!) to have a little more battery life and a little less heat.

Have a great evening!

Reactions: Abdel1993

Abdel1993

Sep 20, 2019
@bgcngm Dear Bruno,
I wanted to have your opinion on the fact that minimum frequency for LITTLE CPU cores is 576 MHz instead of 300 MHz.

From what I understand, it is intended because it's supposedly more effective to ramp up from there instead of a lower frequency.

In my case, I wouldn't mind a little less smoothness (which is absolute butter, congratulations!) to have a little more battery life and a little less heat.

Have a great evening!
This is correct. Users want more battery life. If it isn't too much to ask of course. Look at the work by Optimus Drunk Kernel as example if you need knowledge. Sorry for my bad English.

Reactions: duttyend

[email protected]

• Mar 6, 2013
    Mumbai
    Reactions: 0xfab1 and duttyend

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
  • Apr 2, 2007
    Lisbon
    bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.com
    Hey @bgcngm ,
    I just noticed these commits on gerrit:
    https://review.lineageos.org/309836 and

What exactly are these?
    I'm just genuinely curious since i am totally unable to understand these.
    Especially, the last 2 commits change upwards of 150000 lines of code each!

This is not a complaint or rant.
    I'm genuinely curious about this.

Thanks.
    It's just the fix to https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3444. Basically, I had to downgrade the WLAN driver (from an Android 11 based tag, back to an Android 10 tag, that in the end matches with the fact we have Q firmware).

Last edited:

a9k1t

Jan 3, 2018
    New Delhi
    Hey earthlings!!
    I was unable to pass safetynet. Here's what I did:

Using latest official TWRP
    Flashed LOS 20120508 build
    Flashed NikGapps Basic
    Flashed NikGapps Velvet
    Mount Vendor and Flash DFE
    Reboot

Boot to TWRP
    Flashed Magisk 23
    Reboot

Even after hiding magisk, SafetyNet is not passing. And playstore play protection: Device is not Verified. I must be doing something dumb here, please point me to that.

esolks

Nov 16, 2008
    casablanca
    Hey earthlings!!
    I was unable to pass safetynet. Here's what I did:

Using latest official TWRP
    Flashed LOS 20120508 build
    Flashed NikGapps Basic
    Flashed NikGapps Velvet
    Mount Vendor and Flash DFE
    Reboot

Boot to TWRP
    Flashed Magisk 23
    Reboot

Even after hiding magisk, SafetyNet is not passing. And playstore play protection: Device is not Verified. I must be doing something dumb here, please point me to that.

Latest 15-05-21 update + nikgapp core only + twrp latest + magisk latest v 23 + magisk hide props config ( change fingerprint to xiaomi mi A3 android 11 global ) + universal safetynet fix.
    do a backup before,
    good luck.
    Screenshot_20210515-152527_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210515-152538_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210515-152651_Trebuchet.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Does anyone knows how to disable vibration for notifications while having on the ringtone for calls?

I managed to silece notifications while having on the sound for calls, but notifications still make the phone to vibrate unless I silence it all together.
      Settings>Accessibility>Vibration and haptic strength
      Hey i just noticed that the infrared camera is always on when the display is off, please look into this issue! (Saw the front camera region using another phone's camera to see the IR light)
      Are you sure it is the IR camera and not the proximity sensor?
      FYI: The upgrade with lineage-18.1-20210620-nightly-beryllium-signed.zip went smoothly - everything looks fine here.
      Hi all,
      Just to let you know, the latest release (June 12th) is working great so far!
      FYI: The upgrade with lineage-18.1-20210620-nightly-beryllium-signed.zip went smoothly - everything looks fine here.
      same here. all looking good so far, security patch is now at 2021-06-05

note: auto brightness bug is still there
      2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
      yG18r6g.png

Working:
      • Camera (and flashlight)
      • WiFi
      • Bluetooth
      • Telephony (Calls and Data)
      • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
      • Audio (Record and Playback)
      • Video Playback
      • Sensors
      • GPS
      • Encryption (FBE)
      • WiFi Display

Broken:
      • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
      Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
      Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
      • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
      • Reboot to recovery
      • Format /system, /data and /cache
      • Install LineageOS zip package
      • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
      Important notes:
      • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
      • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
      • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
      All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
      New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working WiFi Display.
      New build is out. It includes March's security patch.
      Lots of updates for the upcoming build. :D
      I am a little bummed about Lineage OS 17.1 official support being dropped as I was really happy on that ROM.
      You do realize that I am human and can't support both branches, right?