• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

Diego19891989

Dec 23, 2019
Does anyone knows how to disable vibration for notifications while having on the ringtone for calls?

I managed to silece notifications while having on the sound for calls, but notifications still make the phone to vibrate unless I silence it all together.

Tremolo4

Dec 2, 2017
is anyone else facing the same problem? I dont have fast charging and i changed cables, so this is a rom bug. And when it was like 1% i couldnt charge it until i had to close my mobile.
Quick Charge works perfectly for me. Although I almost never use it, in order to extend my battery life. Are you sure both your charger and your cable are fully working? It might also be that your battery gets too hot for quick charge or the thermal sensor at least reports it to be too hot for some reason.
I can recommend the app AccuBattery to check charging current, voltage and temperature. I have attached a screenshot of what Quick Charge looks like for me. (The %/hour may not be accurate.)

@bgcngm I confirm the bug in which fingerprint touch stopped working. After manually entering password and then turning off screen, it started working normally.
It happened after not using phone for 1-2 hours only. It happened first time, I did fresh install 24 hours ago.
I have had that bug since more than a year I think. But it is extremely rare, perhaps once every few months for me, so not really a problem.

Are you sure it is the IR camera and not the proximity sensor?
Is there a reason that it needs to be on all the time though? Couldn't it only be turned on on-demand when checking before waking up? Also, I don't know much about this kind of hardware but I'd have thought that there is only one IR light that is used both by the camera and the sensor.
Sadly I don't have an IR camera myself so I can't test any of this.. In any case, I'm infrared-blind and also not noticing any strange battery drain so I guess it's not a problem :)

Attachments

• IMG_20210527_023359.jpg
    IMG_20210527_023359.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Reactions: duttyend

chrome6boy

Dec 1, 2010
Chennai
Xiaomi Poco F1
Is there a reason that it needs to be on all the time though? Couldn't it only be turned on on-demand when checking before waking up? Also, I don't know much about this kind of hardware but I'd have thought that there is only one IR light that is used both by the camera and the sensor.
Sadly I don't have an IR camera myself so I can't test any of this.. In any case, I'm infrared-blind and also not noticing any strange battery drain so I guess it's not a problem :)

Every human is infra red blind, so don't worry about it.

If it bothers you, try turning off "prevent accidental wake up" under settings-display. But I think it's a useful feature...

Tremolo4

Dec 2, 2017
Every human is infra red blind, so don't worry about it.
I know, that was the joke 😂

If it bothers you, try turning off "prevent accidental wake up" under settings-display. But I think it's a useful feature...
Yes. I would expect the "prevent accidental wake-up" check to be the only thing that uses the IR light during sleep mode -- and only when you actually try to wake up the phone.

esolks

Nov 16, 2008
casablanca
Hey i just noticed that the infrared camera is always on when the display is off, please look into this issue! (Saw the front camera region using another phone's camera to see the IR light)
long life to the dev XD, it's the proximity sensor light detected with an another camera not the ir camera.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Mar 6, 2013
Mumbai
Hey @bgcngm
After using LOS 18.1 extensively as a daily driver for the past 1 month, i have the following issues/queries/suggessions:

1. Network selection merely has 3 options - 4G,3G and 2G. Earlier, LOS 17.1 had a long list which had various combinations or GSM/WCDMA and LTE and IMO, that was actually better since now if i choose 3g, the phone shows zero network coverage if 3G signal is not found, however, earlier it used to fall back to 2G because we had an option (GSM/WCDMA(Auto)).
Zero network coverage leads to the device aggressively scanning for signal and thus draining power too.

2. I miss the option to choose the sound effect for Charging connect/disconnect. Now we only have an option to Turn On or off charging with no option to customise the sound.

3.After some reboots, the network does not get any signal, however a reboot solves this

Rest i found everything to be working as intended (apart from auto-brightness, which i don't use anyway). Boot times are blazing fast. Boot up in 17.1 took ~15 Seconds and 18.1 takes just 6-7 seconds.

Thanks for the effort.

[email protected]

Mar 6, 2013
Mumbai
Hey @bgcngm
After using LOS 18.1 extensively as a daily driver for the past 1 month, i have the following issues/queries/suggessions:

1. Network selection merely has 3 options - 4G,3G and 2G. Earlier, LOS 17.1 had a long list which had various combinations or GSM/WCDMA and LTE and IMO, that was actually better since now if i choose 3g, the phone shows zero network coverage if 3G signal is not found, however, earlier it used to fall back to 2G because we had an option (GSM/WCDMA(Auto)).
Zero network coverage leads to the device aggressively scanning for signal and thus draining power too.

2. I miss the option to choose the sound effect for Charging connect/disconnect. Now we only have an option to Turn On or off charging with no option to customise the sound.

3.After some reboots, the network does not get any signal, however a reboot solves this

Rest i found everything to be working as intended (apart from auto-brightness, which i don't use anyway). Boot times are blazing fast. Boot up in 17.1 took ~15 Seconds and 18.1 takes just 6-7 seconds.

Thanks for the effort.
@bgcngm

Another bug i found is that if you set a walpaper that is like a night sky (black background and many stars) and the screes brightness is 50% or less, the homescreen shows constant mild flickering.

The issue gets solved if non detailed images are set as wallpapers.

In case you need to test, i can link the images too.
Thanks

hayvan96

Mar 23, 2018
Hi,
I have an issue with this ROM, while it's absent on fajita (OP6T) : everytime I apply OTA, Magisk is removed (boot img), and I have to reflash it via recovery everytime. It persists on fajita. I'm using LOS recovery on both devices -- why would it persist on OP6T and not poco?

Diego19891989

Dec 23, 2019
Does anyone know how to voice unlock your phone using google assistant in Lineage Os?

It would be nice to turn the lights on and off without having to use the fingerprint to unlock the phone.

I'm using nikgapps stock.

caliban07

Jul 31, 2011
Sevilla
Hi, everyone. I've got a problem when trying to restore my Whatsapp account. When I get to the point where I have to choose the Gmal account to access Drive I get a message saying that that account is already in use in the device. Anybody can help? Thanks in advnce

Pietje_NL

Jan 9, 2014
Is anyone Else noticing that notifications for incoming calls do only Show up after caller hung up? Afterwards it takes some seconds until the caller App Shows the contacts Name instead of just simply the number.

At first I thought it was related to Opengapps, But the Same happens with NikGapps most minimal package.

The only Thing special is that I have Magisk for root, but no modules
@säbelzahntiger I have the same problem, looks to have started after the 22-05-2021 update. Last update didn't fix it, but all other solutions i could find also don't work.
No root, just LineageOS.

Does someone have a solution?

säbelzahntiger

Nov 7, 2016
Hey @Pietje_NL

Can confirm it is not due to Opengapps or NikGapps and Happening since build of 22/5
With current build I am not even able to do or take any call😁

Guess I go back to build of 15/5 for now

EDIT: Instead of going back to an older build, I used a different phone app. There are no issues.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Weird, do you have Magisk modules installed? Or did you modify display density or notch layout?
    Hi duttyend

Thanks for your reply. Yes, Magisk is installed but all modules were disabled before the upgrade (I always disable the modules before upgrading) - so the modules should not be the problem. The display density is not modified (Settings > Display > Advanced > Display size = Default) and the notch is hidden (Settings > System > Developer options > Display cutout = Hide). Before the downgrade I tried to enter the PIN with scrcpy and that worked, i.e. with mouse clicks I could press the buttons on the lock screen and the input was accepted and the device was unlocked.
    Hi duttyend

Thanks for your reply. Yes, Magisk is installed but all modules were disabled before the upgrade (I always disable the modules before upgrading) - so the modules should not be the problem. The display density is not modified (Settings > Display > Advanced > Display size = Default) and the notch is hidden (Settings > System > Developer options > Display cutout = Hide). Before the downgrade I tried to enter the PIN with scrcpy and that worked, i.e. with mouse clicks I could press the buttons on the lock screen and the input was accepted and the device was unlocked.
    That's interesting, the only culprit seems to be notch configuration then. I've read recently that people where complaining because something has changed and they're not able to use "Hide" option as before.
    Anyways, you're not missing anything new with this update, the change log was small and only one commit was for SD845.
    Does anyone know which commit actually causes GCam 7.3 to stop working?
    I have just merged the fix. Wait for next build.
    On the latest version, my Gcam stays stuck on 'Processing HDR+'
    Anyone else?

@bgcngm I've found an annoying bug in today's build: BSG's Gcam isn't able to finish processing photos. I've solved it flashing a previous build kernel (20210620), even patched with Magisk.

Regards
    Same thing happening on latest Pixel Experience.
    I suggest you to use 7.6 or latest 8.2 Parrot043 Gcam Port, working fine and for me it's kinda better. You can find in it in my AFH Mirror.
    Hello @bgcngm

A quick bug report about the "display cutout" feature.
    I currently set it to "Hide" from developer settings and since in the "lineage-18.1-20210710-nightly-beryllium-signed" version, I notice I struggle to drag down the notification panel.

Doing more tests and I discover we can no more drag the notification panel from the top of the screen (the black part where the cutout is hidden). You have to start the drag movement carefully from the notification bar then drag down.

I wonder if it could be a regression from https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_native/+/304520 ?

And thanks for your hard work 👍
    Can confirm, this is super annoying.

Yep, same for me. I thought it was my display but guess not.

Thanks for the confirmation. As is am not alone, I posted the issue on the LineageOS bug report: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3754
    I'm happy to report that everything went smoothly and the swap from MindTheGapps to OpenGapps has completed without any problems. All my apps that rely on Google Services Framework got hooked automatically to the new package and it was NOT necessary to reset any ID or reinstall any app to get push notifications.
    Also, all the settings of my apps (Gmail, etc.) remained intact, as well as Magisk settings even though I wiped /system and /vendor. So we are lucky that every setting seems to be written in /data.

As anticipated by using the 'pico' package, it has even removed useless (for me) Google packages (Markup, etc.).

In the end, I used 3C All-in-One Toolbox to clean leftovers (if any) and optimize databases and startup code of apps, and the phone feels like a fighter jet 👍
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working WiFi Display.
    New build is out. It includes March's security patch.
    Lots of updates for the upcoming build. :D
    I am a little bummed about Lineage OS 17.1 official support being dropped as I was really happy on that ROM.
    You do realize that I am human and can't support both branches, right?