• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

toruna

Mar 24, 2014
Hello,
I just flashed the ROM and when I reboot it opens TWRP recovery. I can't use my phone anymore, what can I do ?

I wiped cache, system, data and dalvik after install.

chrome6boy

Dec 1, 2010
Chennai
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hello,
I just flashed the ROM and when I reboot it opens TWRP recovery. I can't use my phone anymore, what can I do ?

I wiped cache, system, data and dalvik after install.
Which rom did you come from? If your storage was encrypted, then perhaps that is your problem. Format internal storage from TWRP, this is not the same as wiping the internal storage. Be careful as all the data in your internal storage will be wiped. If you need to backup you can do it from TWRP and connecting it to your PC.

toruna

Mar 24, 2014
Which rom did you come from? If your storage was encrypted, then perhaps that is your problem. Format internal storage from TWRP, this is not the same as wiping the internal storage. Be careful as all the data in your internal storage will be wiped. If you need to backup you can do it from TWRP and connecting it to your PC.
From stock rom. I wiped everything already and I can access the files again. I don't have a save : / But after installed lineageos + gapps, phone reboot to twrp, can't access the os. What's the problem ?

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
From stock rom. I wiped everything already and I can access the files again. I don't have a save : / But after installed lineageos + gapps, phone reboot to twrp, can't access the os. What's the problem ?
Your problem is that you did not format data. Wipe is not the same as format.

Reactions: Sydtek and duttyend

toruna

Mar 24, 2014
Another problem : since I flashed Lineage recovery, I can't go back to TWRP. I can flash and launch it but when I reboot Lineage recovery starts...

odysei

Mar 27, 2019
Hey @Pietje_NL

Can confirm it is not due to Opengapps or NikGapps and Happening since build of 22/5
With current build I am not even able to do or take any call😁

Guess I go back to build of 15/5 for now

EDIT: Instead of going back to an older build, I used a different phone app. There are no issues.
Exactly the same problem here with June 5th release. Getting a black screen with a status bar for answering the calls (occasionally).

sandeepsing

May 25, 2011
Dirty flash from 29th May build to 12th June build. Stuck on boot for long and then going to recovery. Need to wipe and do a clean install. Working fine after that.

asdxx

Nov 9, 2010
Anyone know how to remove the navigation bar in 18.1 (Could do it in 17)? . FNG still works but over the top of nav bar.

Have tried a few suggested workarounds but none of them work for me.

Reactions: duttyend

Top Liked Posts

Please consider updating vendor stuff from latest. You won't have to do it again as xiaomi doesn't care about F1. BTW Thanks for maintaining our device ❤️
    Hello @bgcngm

A quick bug report about the "display cutout" feature.
    I currently set it to "Hide" from developer settings and since in the "lineage-18.1-20210710-nightly-beryllium-signed" version, I notice I struggle to drag down the notification panel.

Doing more tests and I discover we can no more drag the notification panel from the top of the screen (the black part where the cutout is hidden). You have to start the drag movement carefully from the notification bar then drag down.

I wonder if it could be a regression from https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_native/+/304520 ?

And thanks for your hard work 👍
    New update from July 31st working perfectly so far
    Can confirm, this is super annoying.

Yep, same for me. I thought it was my display but guess not.

Thanks for the confirmation. As is am not alone, I posted the issue on the LineageOS bug report: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3754
    Has the auto brightness bug people have been talking about been fixed?

Not yet.
    I'm happy to report that everything went smoothly and the swap from MindTheGapps to OpenGapps has completed without any problems. All my apps that rely on Google Services Framework got hooked automatically to the new package and it was NOT necessary to reset any ID or reinstall any app to get push notifications.
    Also, all the settings of my apps (Gmail, etc.) remained intact, as well as Magisk settings even though I wiped /system and /vendor. So we are lucky that every setting seems to be written in /data.

As anticipated by using the 'pico' package, it has even removed useless (for me) Google packages (Markup, etc.).

In the end, I used 3C All-in-One Toolbox to clean leftovers (if any) and optimize databases and startup code of apps, and the phone feels like a fighter jet 👍
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working WiFi Display.
    New build is out. It includes March's security patch.
    Lots of updates for the upcoming build. :D
    I am a little bummed about Lineage OS 17.1 official support being dropped as I was really happy on that ROM.
    You do realize that I am human and can't support both branches, right?