• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

esolks

Nov 16, 2008
casablanca
Anyone know how to remove the navigation bar in 18.1 (Could do it in 17)? . FNG still works but over the top of nav bar.

Have tried a few suggested workarounds but none of them work for me.
use this module from magisk : fullscreen/immersive gestures
when you install it... configure it simply by clicking on vol +...

let me know if you get it working ⚒

good luck

Reactions: duttyend

asdxx

Nov 9, 2010
use this module from magisk : fullscreen/immersive gestures
when you install it... configure it simply by clicking on vol +...
Tried this before but tried again now (there's a version for Q and one for Q-S - used the latter which is also the only one being updated). There is more than one option configured with the volume buttons but tried "+" for all of them but that didn't work. Rebooted and then tried with a combo of options that made sense in the hope it would remove the nav bar but no luck.

Even if there is a workaround, this is a pretty dumb UI move from Google with the move towards gestures in general in recent years.
Edit: And for people who don't like the Android-provided gestures.

Last edited:

SaboraPie

Nov 20, 2015
IMG_20210615_115751_044.jpg
IMG_20210615_115753_350.jpg

Someone has this problem with Lineage 18.1 for Pocophone F1? Sometimes when i go to multitasking, all application windows are in white and in gallery the videos won't play. If I restart the mobile, everything is ok again. Looks like a "random" graphic bug.

I have also just noticed that the paste option disappears, when you want to copy and paste texts. Thanks.

EDIT: I have found out exactly when it happens. I have config two system profiles. One that disable lock screen when connet to my wi-fi house and other that when disconnet of my wi-fi house then enable again lock screen to system default. The bug is displayed when from the lock screen, enable the wi-fi button and connet to my wi-fi houser (I would now be in profile wiht disable lock screen) or I get home and it switches to this profile because it detects my wifi house.

I hope I am more or less understood. This does not happen if I deactivate the automatic switching between profiles when detecting my wifi network.

Last edited:

HatMan22

Oct 8, 2017
Dharan
After each update my Magisk root is lost and I have to repeat the rooting process which is very tedious for current version of Magisk. Is this normal or something wrong? Why I am loosing root?

Reactions: Em Kay

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
After each update my Magisk root is lost and I have to repeat the rooting process which is very tedious for current version of Magisk. Is this normal or something wrong? Why I am loosing root?
Something must be wrong on your side because I haven't faced this issue with LineageOS 18.1 nor 17...
I guess the script that is used to reinstall Magisk automatically gets deleted somehow on your setup

HatMan22

Oct 8, 2017
Dharan
Something must be wrong on your side because I haven't faced this issue with LineageOS 18.1 nor 17...
I guess the script that is used to reinstall Magisk automatically gets deleted somehow on your setup
Yes, what TWRP version do you use? I am using 3.5.2. May TWRP cause this problem? Also I need to manually enter password to decrypt data in TWRP since in Android 11 TWRP does not support automatic decryption because TWRP not yet supported Android 11.

HatMan22

Oct 8, 2017
Dharan
I am stupid, I have installed magisk by pathching boot.img so it should not work. I flashed zip file and now the root persists after update. But there is a new problem now. Update is complete from TWRP and after reboot notifications shows up saying update failed and in setting there is still update available. Is the problem related to Lineage or Magisk I don't know. In recent update there is no wireless debugging tile in quick tiles. I am going to try PE today.

Reactions: duttyend

SDF05

Jan 25, 2018
Hey guys, not sure if this is LOD related or TWRP related (or even Poco F1), but I can't get the phone to boot to LOS after a clean install. I've done format data, tried reflashing firmware and vendor, and more things I can't think of. Anything I'm doing wrong?

This is what I did:

* Format data
* Advanced wipe (all except otg and SD card since I don't have either of them)
* Flash firmware + vendor (latest from xiaomi firmware updater)
* Flash LOS latest weekly build
* Flash NikGapps
* Flash Magisk
* Reboot

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
Hey guys, not sure if this is LOD related or TWRP related (or even Poco F1), but I can't get the phone to boot to LOS after a clean install. I've done format data, tried reflashing firmware and vendor, and more things I can't think of. Anything I'm doing wrong?

This is what I did:

* Format data
* Flash NikGapps
* Flash Magisk
* Reboot
You could try without flashing NikGapps, it has been known to cause problems in the past

Barbarian king

Jun 21, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F1

This is what I did:

* Format data
* Flash NikGapps
* Flash Magisk
* Reboot
You only need firmware. Not firmware+vendor. Also, mindthegapps are recommended as per the official wiki. Try your steps again with these two changes.

sunnybhai

Jun 27, 2008
Bangalore
Are you coming froma different ROM? You need to wipe the phone, formatting data wont be enough. I used to have bootloops even if I formatted data and flashed vendor. Wiping phone did the trick

LTFOUND

Jul 27, 2017
I've noticed a strange behavior when exploring folders which contain many files (such as Camera folder). When I open the folder, it takes almost 10 seconds to display the files. I'm getting this with any file manager (including LOS one).
Does anyone else have this problem?

Geebwoy

Jun 23, 2016
Also the "micro" version of Open G Apps didn't work properly

That did the trick indeed. Android Auto works again!

Although it's not in the app drawer, but
1. Here is how you can start it anyway, to edit the settings: https://www.androidguys.com/tips-tools/android-auto-missing-on-your-phone-heres-how-to-get-it-back/
2. Once set up via (1), it's launched automagically when connecting your phone to your car
Would you mind confirming whether Lineage OS 18.1 allows you to connect to Android Auto wirelessly? Thanks in advance

SDF05

Jan 25, 2018
You could try without flashing NikGapps, it has been known to cause problems in the past

You only need firmware. Not firmware+vendor. Also, mindthegapps are recommended as per the official wiki. Try your steps again with these two changes.

Are you coming froma different ROM? You need to wipe the phone, formatting data wont be enough. I used to have bootloops even if I formatted data and flashed vendor. Wiping phone did the trick

Unfortunately none of these solutions work, but thanks for taking the time to give me a solution.

What it does is if i reboot to system, it just comes right back to TWRP without any explanation. I have no idea why it does this.

Top Liked Posts

Hi. About Gps. So behavior is strange: gps tool is able to lock fine, but ll maps application are not able to keep the fix. Even with the background gps service app it does not work. So gps is fixed in background, but upon switching to maps the fix is there but in few seconds the circle around position increases and stays non fixed..
    I checked the permissions on both gps a0s amd maps are the same-location and acctyvity sensors...

What could it be, so weird.. is it somehow related to the gapps installed? I did not try switching.

Apps used: gps test-fixes fine, gmaps-no fix, no speed, etc.

Sptember 25 version has build prop ro.build.version.security_patch=2021-09-05
    This happens due to denial location permission of com.google.android.gms.
    This can be fixed by grant the location permission using adb shell

adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION
    Just for your information
    I installed today's update (OTA) from 2021-09-25, everything looks good and normal so far
    Same here. I'm currently testing the newly introduced option for auto brightness (one shot, check only once). I hope that this might fix the issues I had with previous versions. so far so good, but let's wait and see
    Replying to myself: unfortunately the new option doesn't have a positive effect regarding the auto brightness bug on my device, behavior is still broken
    For your information, latest release (2021.08.28) is working fine here.
    20210911 works fine here - Android security update is still August 5, 2021.
    Hi. About Gps. So behavior is strange: gps tool is able to lock fine, but ll maps application are not able to keep the fix. Even with the background gps service app it does not work. So gps is fixed in background, but upon switching to maps the fix is there but in few seconds the circle around position increases and stays non fixed..
    I checked the permissions on both gps a0s amd maps are the same-location and acctyvity sensors...

What could it be, so weird.. is it somehow related to the gapps installed? I did not try switching.

Apps used: gps test-fixes fine, gmaps-no fix, no speed, etc.

Sptember 25 version has build prop ro.build.version.security_patch=2021-09-05
    This happens due to denial location permission of com.google.android.gms.
    This can be fixed by grant the location permission using adb shell

adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION
    Flashed today's build 20210918 and we got September security patch 20210905. Everything seems as usual 🙂
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working WiFi Display.
    New build is out. It includes March's security patch.
    Lots of updates for the upcoming build. :D
    I am a little bummed about Lineage OS 17.1 official support being dropped as I was really happy on that ROM.
    You do realize that I am human and can't support both branches, right?