• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

sandeepsing

May 25, 2011
After the last update (18.1-20210717) I can not boot into system, the phone always goes back into TWRP.

I tried to roll back to 18.1-20210703, but now the password for encryption is wrong.

The problem was out of date TWRP !!!
If you don't mind losing data on phone, wipe through Mi recovery can be helpful in this case

xdasmile

Feb 25, 2014
I successfully upgraded (dirty flashed) from 17.1 to 18.1
- disabled login PIN
- downloaded latest TWRP, latest firmware, LineageOS 18.1 and latest OpenGapps 11 test
- upgraded TWRP and rebooted to recovery
- installed firmware, LineageOS and OpenGapps at once
- cleared dalvik and cache
- reboot

Success!
Hi all,

In the past days, I’ve been reading a lot on this thread, and because I’m a little afraid to loose all my configuration, I have a couple of questions I hope you can help me with.

1) Can I dirty flash to 18.1 from 16.0 unofficial (with TWRP and MindTheGapps, but not Magisk)? I know it’s pretty old, but it worked so well that I thought I wouldn’t touch a running system. (now I’m ready for a newer version, also for security reasons and to get OTA updates)

2) If yes, what is the better procedure, between the one above and this one : https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/beryllium/upgrade (which uses ADB sideloading)?

More specifically, I’m wondering:

3) Is it better to stick to TWRP or to use the Lineage OS recovery? I’d like to be able to use OTA updates, and I read somewhere these install the Lineage OS recovery anyway? If I use Lineage OS, can I still use the above procedure or do I have to go through ADB sideloading?

4) In the Lineage OS explanation, they don’t mention the firmware update, but I suppose an update is still recommended? And I suppose it’s not an issue if the firmware mentioned in the link above (V12.0.3.0.QEJMIXM) is marked as being for Android 10?

5) If I was on MindTheGapps before, it should be OK if I stay on it and not use OpenGapps?

6) Disabling the login PIN is a necessary step to avoid problems with password loops at startup I suppose? At one time it didn’t use to be necessary, but you would recommend doing it anyway?

7) If I do a TWRP backup, the best is to do it before any other update, right?

Many question, I know, and I hope you can understand. I really don’t want to start all over again with configuring my phone.

In any case, thanks to you all for this amazing forum, and of course to the developers!

Have a great evening/day!

Demodroid

Aug 1, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F1
I would suggest doing a full wipe (with factory reset), installing the latest firmware, and flashing with TWRP. The unofficial builds weren't signed with official LOS keys so they are not compatible.

MindTheGapps or OpenGapps are personal choice, both are stable now.

Reactions: xdasmile

Em Kay

Jun 13, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F1
Guys, I have this problem. It seems wifi is always looking for a wifi network after connected to a working wifi. The wifi menu never stops refreshing (the linear refresh bar just under wifi on/off).
When the wifi is on but connected to no network, it functions normally. Problems occurs only after connected to any wifi network.

Can you all please check if that a LOS bug or i've done something wrong to induce it?

My settings are listed below -
Wifi-scan throttling is on in the developers setting.
Wifi scanning & bluetooth scanning is off.
Location is off.
No Google package is installed.
Wireless displey is disabled.
Casting off.

It seems Cast related.
When I select Settings/Connected devices/Connection preferences settings app freezes & restarts and then proceeds to next page. In that page with other settings (Bluetooth, Printing - off, files received via bluetooth) it says Cast is "not connected".

@bgcngm Can you please look into it.
Thanks for this awesome rom btw.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210722-131748_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210722-131748_Trebuchet.png
    229.5 KB · Views: 37

xdasmile

Feb 25, 2014
I would suggest doing a full wipe (with factory reset), installing the latest firmware, and flashing with TWRP. The unofficial builds weren't signed with official LOS keys so they are not compatible.

MindTheGapps or OpenGapps are personal choice, both are stable now.
Thank you for your reply, that’s exactly what I was trying to avoid by any means, but I feared that would be the answer. :)

I saw that there is a script that allows for changing the keys (here: https://wiki.lineageos.org/signing_builds.html#using-a-script) but I also saw that several people didn’t manage to dirty flash with this configuration.

So you’d say it’s much too risky to try anything that looks like a dirty flash, right? In that case, I have a couple of additional questions, to see how I can come as close as possible to keeping all my data:

1) Would backing up the data partition and restoring it after the flashing (and before the first reboot) work to keep the settings of most apps? Or is the only solution to use a tool like Migrater (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...20-migrate-custom-rom-migration-tool.3862763/) + many separate tools?

2) Do I also need to flash vendor?

+ the unanswered questions from above (TWRP or Lineage recovery with the possibility of OTA updates, is disabling login PIN necessary, and should I do the backup with the existing TWRP)?

Thanks a lot for your help, it’s really reassuring to know you’re here!

Demodroid

Aug 1, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F1
The migration script introduces vulnerabilities, and you would need to create a migration build with your own keys (LOS don't build migration builds any more).

Technically you can copy the folders in /data, that's what most root backup apps do, but this won't replicate permissions or symlinks. Your best choice would be Titanium Backup, or Migrater like you've linked, 3C Toolbox is handy too.

Vendor is included with the official LOS ROM, so you won't need to flash this separately (still need to flash firmware).

Update TWRP to the latest version on twrp.me. Remove the screenlock first, then make a backup of everything except system and vendor (use the system image and vendor image option instead). Store that backup somewhere safe. Make a full backup of your internal storage as this will also be wiped with a factory reset.

You'll need to factory reset and wipe dalvik-cache, cache, system and data partitions after. Then you can install LOS, Gapps and Magisk.

I don't use OTA updates myself, but I don't think you need to disable the screenlock any more as 18.1 uses FBE, not FDE, the system partition is accessible even without unlocking. If you have LOS recovery, OTA updates work automatically. If you use TWRP, you might need to flash them manually.

• Love
Reactions: xdasmile

xdasmile

Feb 25, 2014
The migration script introduces vulnerabilities, and you would need to create a migration build with your own keys (LOS don't build migration builds any more).

Technically you can copy the folders in /data, that's what most root backup apps do, but this won't replicate permissions or symlinks. Your best choice would be Titanium Backup, or Migrater like you've linked, 3C Toolbox is handy too.

Vendor is included with the official LOS ROM, so you won't need to flash this separately (still need to flash firmware).

Update TWRP to the latest version on twrp.me. Remove the screenlock first, then make a backup of everything except system and vendor (use the system image and vendor image option instead). Store that backup somewhere safe. Make a full backup of your internal storage as this will also be wiped with a factory reset.

You'll need to factory reset and wipe dalvik-cache, cache, system and data partitions after. Then you can install LOS, Gapps and Magisk.

I don't use OTA updates myself, but I don't think you need to disable the screenlock any more as 18.1 uses FBE, not FDE, the system partition is accessible even without unlocking. If you have LOS recovery, OTA updates work automatically. If you use TWRP, you might need to flash them manually.
Thanks a million for your reply!

3C Toolbox looks very nice indeed, thank you! I used it for backing up.

To make sure I understand, and make it easier in the same situation for others to copy the procedure, here’s a little recap:

- in the existing system, backup everything that I can several times :) (online, SD card, etc.)
- disable login PIN (not really necessary if I understood right, but just in case?)
- download latest TWRP, latest firmware, latest nightly of LineageOS 18.1 and latest MindTheGapps — put everything on the SD card (if there is no SD card, it also works with adb)
- reboot to recovery (I don’t have Magisk to make updates easier and because I can do most things I need without root)
- upgrade TWRP through the in-app procedure
- reboot to recovery
- backup of everything except system and vendor
- do system image & vendor image (not exactly sure yet how this will be but I’ll figure it out I suppose)
- do a factory reset (I suppose there is an option in TWRP)
- install firmware, LineageOS and MindTheGapps at once
- clear dalvik and cache, just in case
- reboot
- get all the backups back and configure the system…

Does that sound right?

For the Lineage recovery, I’ll see later if I need to use it to have OTA updates. (if yes, I have to go through ADB?)

Thanks a lot for everything, and have a nice evening (/day)!

Octhellio

Jul 25, 2008
Does anyone know why I only have 16GB internal memory instead of the 64GB it should be?
And even better, how I can fix this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210723-141646_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210723-141646_Settings.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 28

0xfab1

Dec 13, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
20210724 does not work for me: When I enter my PIN on the lock screen, I can see the touches (white circles on the keys) but no entry is made (no dots appear for the PIN numbers on the entry line).

I had to downgrade back to 20210717 and the login on the lock screen after booting works again as expected.

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
20210724 does not work for me: When I enter my PIN on the lock screen, I can see the touches (white circles on the keys) but no entry is made (no dots appear for the PIN numbers on the entry line).

I had to downgrade back to 20210717 and the login on the lock screen after booting works again as expected.
Weird, do you have Magisk modules installed? Or did you modify display density or notch layout?

Reactions: 0xfab1

0xfab1

Dec 13, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Weird, do you have Magisk modules installed? Or did you modify display density or notch layout?
Hi duttyend

Thanks for your reply. Yes, Magisk is installed but all modules were disabled before the upgrade (I always disable the modules before upgrading) - so the modules should not be the problem. The display density is not modified (Settings > Display > Advanced > Display size = Default) and the notch is hidden (Settings > System > Developer options > Display cutout = Hide). Before the downgrade I tried to enter the PIN with scrcpy and that worked, i.e. with mouse clicks I could press the buttons on the lock screen and the input was accepted and the device was unlocked.

Reactions: duttyend

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
Hi duttyend

Thanks for your reply. Yes, Magisk is installed but all modules were disabled before the upgrade (I always disable the modules before upgrading) - so the modules should not be the problem. The display density is not modified (Settings > Display > Advanced > Display size = Default) and the notch is hidden (Settings > System > Developer options > Display cutout = Hide). Before the downgrade I tried to enter the PIN with scrcpy and that worked, i.e. with mouse clicks I could press the buttons on the lock screen and the input was accepted and the device was unlocked.
That's interesting, the only culprit seems to be notch configuration then. I've read recently that people where complaining because something has changed and they're not able to use "Hide" option as before.
Anyways, you're not missing anything new with this update, the change log was small and only one commit was for SD845.

Reactions: 0xfab1

Top Liked Posts

Hi duttyend

Hi duttyend

That's interesting, the only culprit seems to be notch configuration then. I've read recently that people where complaining because something has changed and they're not able to use "Hide" option as before.
    Anyways, you're not missing anything new with this update, the change log was small and only one commit was for SD845.
    Does anyone know which commit actually causes GCam 7.3 to stop working?
    I have just merged the fix. Wait for next build.
    On the latest version, my Gcam stays stuck on 'Processing HDR+'
    Anyone else?

@bgcngm I've found an annoying bug in today's build: BSG's Gcam isn't able to finish processing photos. I've solved it flashing a previous build kernel (20210620), even patched with Magisk.

Regards
    Same thing happening on latest Pixel Experience.
    I suggest you to use 7.6 or latest 8.2 Parrot043 Gcam Port, working fine and for me it's kinda better. You can find in it in my AFH Mirror.
    Hello @bgcngm

A quick bug report about the "display cutout" feature.
    I currently set it to "Hide" from developer settings and since in the "lineage-18.1-20210710-nightly-beryllium-signed" version, I notice I struggle to drag down the notification panel.

Doing more tests and I discover we can no more drag the notification panel from the top of the screen (the black part where the cutout is hidden). You have to start the drag movement carefully from the notification bar then drag down.

I wonder if it could be a regression from https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_native/+/304520 ?

And thanks for your hard work 👍
    Can confirm, this is super annoying.

Yep, same for me. I thought it was my display but guess not.

Thanks for the confirmation. As is am not alone, I posted the issue on the LineageOS bug report: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3754
    I'm happy to report that everything went smoothly and the swap from MindTheGapps to OpenGapps has completed without any problems. All my apps that rely on Google Services Framework got hooked automatically to the new package and it was NOT necessary to reset any ID or reinstall any app to get push notifications.
    Also, all the settings of my apps (Gmail, etc.) remained intact, as well as Magisk settings even though I wiped /system and /vendor. So we are lucky that every setting seems to be written in /data.

As anticipated by using the 'pico' package, it has even removed useless (for me) Google packages (Markup, etc.).

In the end, I used 3C All-in-One Toolbox to clean leftovers (if any) and optimize databases and startup code of apps, and the phone feels like a fighter jet 👍
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working WiFi Display.
    New build is out. It includes March's security patch.
    Lots of updates for the upcoming build. :D
    I am a little bummed about Lineage OS 17.1 official support being dropped as I was really happy on that ROM.
    You do realize that I am human and can't support both branches, right?