• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

Largamelion

Sep 10, 2010
So I installed MagiskHide Props Config and set FP to Pixel 5, Safetynet is passing now and Google Play Store says my device is certified. However, when I search for Netflix, it doesn't show up and when I use the direct link to Netflix in the Play Store from Google, it says the app is not compatible with my device.

What am I missing?

Edit: Nm, I apparently just needed to reboot the device once more. It shows up in the Play Store now! It does however only support SD quality because it thinks my device is only Widevine L3, but when I check with DRM Info it's L1 ...

Last edited:

Barbarian king

Jun 21, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hey, the firmware you have linked is for Android 10. Will that work even for LOS18? Also, won't Open Gapps work with this?
Both will work.
fyi - opengapps still has issues with android auto
So I installed MagiskHide Props Config and set FP to Pixel 5, Safetynet is passing now and Google Play Store says my device is certified. However, when I search for Netflix, it doesn't show up and when I use the direct link to Netflix in the Play Store from Google, it says the app is not compatible with my device.

What am I missing?

Edit: Nm, I apparently just needed to reboot the device once more. It shows up in the Play Store now! It does however only support SD quality because it thinks my device is only Widevine L3, but when I check with DRM Info it's L1 ...
You can blame poco for that, they don't care about fixing drm issues. There is nothing lineage can do.

Reactions: duttyend

Largamelion

Sep 10, 2010
Both will work.

You can blame poco for that, they don't care about fixing drm issues. There is nothing lineage can do.

I'm not gonna blame Poco because I think DRM is BS. It doesn't stop piracy at all it just annoys customers that pay for the product. Netflix was basically the only reason I bothered to get the SafetyNet check passed. It seems however that they do other checks besides the device being certified by Google and having support for Widevine L1 security, presumably checking the device ID or smth. There are many people with different devices reporting the same thing, so it's really just Netflix being an *ss.

Reactions: duttyend

xdasmile

Feb 25, 2014
Hey, the firmware you have linked is for Android 10. Will that work even for LOS18? Also, won't Open Gapps work with this?

Both will work.
Thanks for answering faster than me! I’ve updated my post so it should be clearer now.
Yes it will remove twrp. The decision is yours, I like to stick with twrp.
Like you, on most Reddit threads I’ve seen, people strongly prefer TWRP.

ilya_m

Oct 28, 2010
Hi, I'm using the rom for quite some time now and only recently realized that gps is not working. Is it only me? There is some reference to some affect by correct gapps, but I use mindthegapps, 04-12 version.
Is it only on my phone, is there some workaround/fix?

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
Hi, I'm using the rom for quite some time now and only recently realized that gps is not working. Is it only me? There is some reference to some affect by correct gapps, but I use mindthegapps, 04-12 version.
Is it only on my phone, is there some workaround/fix?
You seem to be right, I couldn't do extensive testing but I'm not able to get a GPS fix anymore from where I am (maybe weather changed or else)... It used to work until at least versions from last month

Reactions: ilya_m

Atwood001

Jan 11, 2014
On latest nightly build. Stock kernel. Orangefox stable recovery. Experiencing serious battery drain. 20% in 4 hours. Barely used. Please help. Nothing in "running services". Already checked in bettery battery stats - nothing.

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
On latest nightly build. Stock kernel. Orangefox stable recovery. Experiencing serious battery drain. 20% in 4 hours. Barely used. Please help. Nothing in "running services". Already checked in bettery battery stats - nothing.
Maybe some bad behavior from Gapps, try to disable all the apps not included in Lineage OS and gradually enable to identify the culprit.
Sometimes, it can be a database problem or app installation. I recommend you to follow those simple steps to see if it helps.
It can also come from poor celular signal, or some 3rd-party shady service.
I can confirm you that battery drain is not an issue on my side (e.g. overnight I loose less than 5% with WiFi and Sync on).
Anyway, you should provide logs for the devs

Last edited:

ilya_m

Oct 28, 2010
Now on my phone I found second issue:
1 was not working gps,
2 the multitouch works bad now, especially in two-hand controlled games, the one of touches just stops beeing detected.

But as I said the rom has lots of garbage, probably time to do wipes and reload.

Can someone confirm that they have gps fix on the last version? I use 'GPS Test' app to see mine does not.

About multitouch bug: reproduces this way: in landscape stard doing circles left thumb, after tapping righ part of the screen, left part touch is detected but it is not forwarded to the app until you release the left. (got dots and traces enabled in dev settings, so dot is still beeing drawn under thumb, but trace isnot printing)

Upd: mutlitouch bug was caused by acessability tool, my bad)

Atwood001

Jan 11, 2014
Maybe some bad behavior from Gapps, try to disable all the apps not included in Lineage OS and gradually enable to identify the culprit.
Sometimes, it can be a database problem or app installation. I recommend you to follow those simple steps to see if it helps.
It can also come from poor celular signal, or some 3rd-party shady service.
I can confirm you that battery drain is not an issue on my side (e.g. overnight I loose less than 5% with WiFi and Sync on).
Anyway, you should provide logs for the devs
Didn't have gapps. No cell signal issue. Flashed calyxos - stuck on bootloop. Flashed lineageos 24 july build again. This time wiped internal storage as well. Somehow phone booted but it wasnt normal. "airplane mode" was written as "aeroplane mode". Dialer app was written as something else. Couldn't acces internal storage form stock file manager. So had to flash back to stock miui. Now start the process all over again. (Made a stupid mistake though, locked the bootloader accidently).
But even in stock miui, it shows "aeroplane" instead of "airplane" dont know why.

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
Didn't have gapps. No cell signal issue. Flashed calyxos - stuck on bootloop. Flashed lineageos 24 july build again. This time wiped internal storage as well. Somehow phone booted but it wasnt normal. "airplane mode" was written as "aeroplane mode". Dialer app was written as something else. Couldn't acces internal storage form stock file manager. So had to flash back to stock miui. Now start the process all over again. (Made a stupid mistake though, locked the bootloader accidently).
But even in stock miui, it shows "aeroplane" instead of "airplane" dont know why.
I have never faced such problems. Did you format /data and /vendor partitions?

Atwood001

Jan 11, 2014
I have never faced such problems. Did you format /data and /vendor partitions?
Yes. Also, when lineage 24 july build was running normally for 2-3 days, I only got free RAM of about 2.8GB whereas in stock miui, I used to get 4GB out of 6GB. Why is lineage using so much RAM, dont know. Do you have any answer for "aeroplane". Why is shows that instead of "Airplane" even in stock miui. Phone is running smooth but this tiny thing bothering me so much. Couldnt find anything on internet as well.

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
Yes. Also, when lineage 24 july build was running normally for 2-3 days, I only got free RAM of about 2.8GB whereas in stock miui, I used to get 4GB out of 6GB. Why is lineage using so much RAM, dont know. Do you have any answer for "aeroplane". Why is shows that instead of "Airplane" even in stock miui. Phone is running smooth but this tiny thing bothering me so much. Couldnt find anything on internet as well.
No, I don't know. And regarding RAM consumption, have a look at mine (no games, nothing fancy, few apps)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210730-144936_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210730-144936_Trebuchet.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: - Chaorrupted X -

sigurd_LU

Jan 23, 2011
Are any of these issues fixed?

hanush14

Mar 6, 2014
Okay, today I was debloating my sister's Note 10 Pro using Szaki's debloater and plugged in my Poco F1 as well and found that Tencent Soter service was installed.

I am running LOS 18 and installed MindTheGapps only. How the hell did Tencent Soter end up on my phone??

Top Liked Posts

Hi. About Gps. So behavior is strange: gps tool is able to lock fine, but ll maps application are not able to keep the fix. Even with the background gps service app it does not work. So gps is fixed in background, but upon switching to maps the fix is there but in few seconds the circle around position increases and stays non fixed..
    I checked the permissions on both gps a0s amd maps are the same-location and acctyvity sensors...

What could it be, so weird.. is it somehow related to the gapps installed? I did not try switching.

Apps used: gps test-fixes fine, gmaps-no fix, no speed, etc.

Sptember 25 version has build prop ro.build.version.security_patch=2021-09-05
    This happens due to denial location permission of com.google.android.gms.
    This can be fixed by grant the location permission using adb shell

adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION
    Just for your information
    I installed today's update (OTA) from 2021-09-25, everything looks good and normal so far
    Same here. I'm currently testing the newly introduced option for auto brightness (one shot, check only once). I hope that this might fix the issues I had with previous versions. so far so good, but let's wait and see
    Replying to myself: unfortunately the new option doesn't have a positive effect regarding the auto brightness bug on my device, behavior is still broken
    For your information, latest release (2021.08.28) is working fine here.
    20210911 works fine here - Android security update is still August 5, 2021.
    Flashed today's build 20210918 and we got September security patch 20210905. Everything seems as usual 🙂
    For your information, latest release (2021.09.04) is working fine here.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working WiFi Display.
    New build is out. It includes March's security patch.
    Lots of updates for the upcoming build. :D
    I am a little bummed about Lineage OS 17.1 official support being dropped as I was really happy on that ROM.
    You do realize that I am human and can't support both branches, right?