• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

0xfab1

Dec 13, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
That's interesting, the only culprit seems to be notch configuration then. I've read recently that people where complaining because something has changed and they're not able to use "Hide" option as before.
Anyways, you're not missing anything new with this update, the change log was small and only one commit was for SD845.
20210731 is working for me, i.e. I can enter the PIN on the lockscreen normally again just by pressing the onscreen keys - my problem was apparently only present in 20210724 - who knows why ... but I am happy now :)

Reactions: duttyend

0xfab1

Dec 13, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Are any of these issues fixed?

Both issues are still open.
As for adaptive brightness: It works most of the time for me - but not always - so I would say the issue is still open. This is also reflected by the status of the corresponding Github issue.

Last edited:

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
Okay, today I was debloating my sister's Note 10 Pro using Szaki's debloater and plugged in my Poco F1 as well and found that Tencent Soter service was installed.

I am running LOS 18 and installed MindTheGapps only. How the hell did Tencent Soter end up on my phone??
I was also very surprised when I discovered this but, after investigation, some official Lineage developers explained this is normal and intended to provide compatibility with apps that rely on it...
Of course, you're free to force-disable it as I do.

Reactions: hanush14

Atwood001

Jan 11, 2014
Clean flashed 31st july build using TWRP. Got "Error installing zip file". Flashed using Lineage recovery. Installed properly
No, I don't know. And regarding RAM consumption, have a look at mine (no games, nothing fancy, few apps)
Lineage seems to be working fine now. No issues. Only thing is RAM. Check "running services", you'll see only about 2 GM free RAM. Atleast that's what it shows on my device.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210802-011324_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210802-011324_Settings.png
    169.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20210802-011340_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210802-011340_Settings.png
    89 KB · Views: 67

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
Clean flashed 31st july build using TWRP. Got "Error installing zip file". Flashed using Lineage recovery. Installed properly

Lineage seems to be working fine now. No issues. Only thing is RAM. Check "running services", you'll see only about 2 GM free RAM. Atleast that's what it shows on my device.
I have 1 GB more of 'Free' RAM in 'AVERAGE MEMORY USE' (in Developer options). For example, Trebuchet only uses 107 MB in average on my device. Do you have widgets?

I don't know if you have a problem with your setup or not but the fact that you got an error in TWRP (supposing it's the latest official version) could be an indicator.

Did you restore any data, kernel, etc. or is it stock Lineage OS?

Reactions: - Chaorrupted X -

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Okay, today I was debloating my sister's Note 10 Pro using Szaki's debloater and plugged in my Poco F1 as well and found that Tencent Soter service was installed.

I am running LOS 18 and installed MindTheGapps only. How the hell did Tencent Soter end up on my phone??

I was also very surprised when I discovered this but, after investigation, some official Lineage developers explained this is normal and intended to provide compatibility with apps that rely on it...
Of course, you're free to force-disable it as I do.
Tencent Soter is a service for some Chinese apps to work properly.
I think every AOSP and even OEM ROM has this, to provide compatibility to Chinese users.
ArrowOS for example, has this too and there was a discussion here about that.
It's normal but as duttyend said, you can force disable it.
Do not expect devs to remove this and leave outside Chinese users.

Last edited:

Atwood001

Jan 11, 2014
Does anybody know how to make MIUI dialer app work on lineageos? Is there a port? If not, please, I request all the super intelligent people out there, can you make it. Google dialer is ****.

alberto88a

Mar 5, 2010
Giarre
Hello, sorry for the dumb question but I am new of the forum and the rom (flashed a couple of days ago). Is it there any way to enable the face recognition for unblocking the screen?
Is it a driver problem of the IR sensor?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same here. I'm currently testing the newly introduced option for auto brightness (one shot, check only once). I hope that this might fix the issues I had with previous versions. so far so good, but let's wait and see
    Replying to myself: unfortunately the new option doesn't have a positive effect regarding the auto brightness bug on my device, behavior is still broken
    For your information, latest release (2021.08.28) is working fine here.
    20210911 works fine here - Android security update is still August 5, 2021.
    Hi. About Gps. So behavior is strange: gps tool is able to lock fine, but ll maps application are not able to keep the fix. Even with the background gps service app it does not work. So gps is fixed in background, but upon switching to maps the fix is there but in few seconds the circle around position increases and stays non fixed..
    I checked the permissions on both gps a0s amd maps are the same-location and acctyvity sensors...

What could it be, so weird.. is it somehow related to the gapps installed? I did not try switching.

Apps used: gps test-fixes fine, gmaps-no fix, no speed, etc.

Sptember 25 version has build prop ro.build.version.security_patch=2021-09-05
    This happens due to denial location permission of com.google.android.gms.
    This can be fixed by grant the location permission using adb shell

adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION
    Flashed today's build 20210918 and we got September security patch 20210905. Everything seems as usual 🙂
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working WiFi Display.
    New build is out. It includes March's security patch.
    Lots of updates for the upcoming build. :D
    I am a little bummed about Lineage OS 17.1 official support being dropped as I was really happy on that ROM.
    You do realize that I am human and can't support both branches, right?