• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

sponk0

Apr 7, 2019
Same here. I'm currently testing the newly introduced option for auto brightness (one shot, check only once). I hope that this might fix the issues I had with previous versions. so far so good, but let's wait and see
Replying to myself: unfortunately the new option doesn't have a positive effect regarding the auto brightness bug on my device, behavior is still broken

Barbarian king

Jun 21, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F1
So I booted my phone into safe mode for a few hours to check if it's an app issue. Lost around 20% over 6 hours this way. Used to hardly be around 6-7% earlier.

Still no idea what's causing this. Any suggestions what to do next?
Install better battery stats (available on xda) and check for wakelocks. I would recommend a clean flash if you haven't. If nothing works it might be a good time to replace your battery.

Reactions: duttyend
Aug 28, 2021
Yeah I've installed it today and will do a full charge and let it idle to see what's causing battery drain.
So I charged my phone and let it idle for two hours.
It showed screen on for 16 minutes which is definitely a concern. Plus 11% batt drain in that time.
Got the battery stats screens as follows.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210901-193901_BBS.png
    Screenshot_20210901-193901_BBS.png
    156.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20210901-193924_BBS.png
    Screenshot_20210901-193924_BBS.png
    270.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20210901-193938_BBS.png
    Screenshot_20210901-193938_BBS.png
    304.9 KB · Views: 67

AtomicStryker

Nov 19, 2015
www.atomicstryker.net
I tried to use an App today "DB Navigator" to buy train tickets (which cannot be bought online, only in-app).

It threw me out with "no valid security certificate found" blah blah, that is some kind of SafetyNet issue yes?

Enabled Magisk Hide, used Hide Props to set fingerprint to Pixel 3a Android 11, installed Universal SafetyNet Fix 1.1.0

When i use the "check SafetyNet" button in Magisk i get a "passed" for basic eval.

The app still throws a "no valid security certificate found". Is there anything else i can do?

Barbarian king

Jun 21, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F1
I tried to use an App today "DB Navigator" to buy train tickets (which cannot be bought online, only in-app).

It threw me out with "no valid security certificate found" blah blah, that is some kind of SafetyNet issue yes?

Enabled Magisk Hide, used Hide Props to set fingerprint to Pixel 3a Android 11, installed Universal SafetyNet Fix 1.1.0

When i use the "check SafetyNet" button in Magisk i get a "passed" for basic eval.

The app still throws a "no valid security certificate found". Is there anything else i can do?
Try renaming the magisk apk from the magisk settings. Make sure your app is also checked under 'magisk hide' .

Reactions: AtomicStryker

AtomicStryker

Nov 19, 2015
www.atomicstryker.net
Try renaming the magisk apk from the magisk settings. Make sure your app is also checked under 'magisk hide' .
Ooh i didn't realize there was a hidden/poory accessible tab in Magisk where i can toggle this per-app.
Toggling it didnt help. Do i have to reboot after that? I'll try.

EDIT: Tried deleting the apps storage, cache and rebooting, nope.

EDIT #2:
As he was complaining about secure connections i thought maybe one of my hosts blockers (Adguard and Energized) might have been responsible. Turned off Energized and it worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barbarian king
Aug 28, 2021
My bad. That was phone awake with screen off. Still I guess that would not be great if the phone is in an idle state.
Have tweaked the MyJio app settings a bit and will see if it makes a difference
Still not much of a difference with battery drain after tweaking settings. No wakelocks seen but still lost 12% batt without using it at all

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210904-145835_BBS.png
    Screenshot_20210904-145835_BBS.png
    190.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20210904-145824_BBS.png
    Screenshot_20210904-145824_BBS.png
    293.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20210904-145814_BBS.png
    Screenshot_20210904-145814_BBS.png
    294.8 KB · Views: 31
Aug 28, 2021
Looks like your battery is bad, use an app like AccuBattery to charge from 1% to 100% to check how much mAh your battery has now.
Already had AccuBattery installed and it says estimated capacity is about 3200 mAh now versus the design capacity of 4000. Battery health is at 80%.

I suppose if there's no other visible reason then might as well get the battery replaced.

TioCareca

Already had AccuBattery installed and it says estimated capacity is about 3200 mAh now versus the design capacity of 4000. Battery health is at 80%.

I suppose if there's no other visible reason then might as well get the battery replaced.
I was getting 70% around 2400 mAh, i replaced the battery but i still got 3043 mAh for 76%, new battery from Xiaomi, maybe accuBattery not too much trustworthy...

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1

I was getting 70% around 2400 mAh, i replaced the battery but i still got 3043 mAh for 76%, new battery from Xiaomi, maybe accuBattery not too much trustworthy...
Try the guide about how to check Battery Capacity Health in Battery Tips at POCO F1 Ultimate Collection & Guides.

Markus0103

Jan 10, 2017
Hello everyone, does somebody know, if it's possible to activate the "High Performance DAC Mode"? AFAIK the SDM845 also have this mode supported, because it's have a WCD9xx codecs. And actually there is also a Magisk module for this, to make it's easy to activate it, but for me it's not working and so by looking into the modules script it's search for (the directories?) "high_perf_mode" "cpe_debug_mode" and "impedance_detect_en" under "/sys/module" but I didn't find anything there. Is there another way to activate it, (also Poweramp didn't work for me) or must it be added to the kernel (?) sources or on anything else? (I really don't know ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ )
I would be very thankfull then someone know something about that mode, I really want to check it out, one day :). I put also the module here, when somebody wants to try it out ;).
The module also creates logfiles under /data/high_perf_dac that tells if it was successfully to activate/change the 3 parameters.

(Btw, I'm also on the latest LOS build)
Has really nobody an idea about it?

Evgen_17

Feb 19, 2016
Why the recognition of an OTG flash drive on an NTFS file system does not work in the latest versions. At the same time, some month ago everything worked perfectly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi. About Gps. So behavior is strange: gps tool is able to lock fine, but ll maps application are not able to keep the fix. Even with the background gps service app it does not work. So gps is fixed in background, but upon switching to maps the fix is there but in few seconds the circle around position increases and stays non fixed..
    I checked the permissions on both gps a0s amd maps are the same-location and acctyvity sensors...

What could it be, so weird.. is it somehow related to the gapps installed? I did not try switching.

Apps used: gps test-fixes fine, gmaps-no fix, no speed, etc.

Sptember 25 version has build prop ro.build.version.security_patch=2021-09-05
    This happens due to denial location permission of com.google.android.gms.
    This can be fixed by grant the location permission using adb shell

adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION
    Flashed today's build 20210918 and we got September security patch 20210905. Everything seems as usual 🙂
    Just for your information
    I installed today's update (OTA) from 2021-09-25, everything looks good and normal so far
    It is great to have the latest Android security patch.
    On the other hand, it would be nice if @bgcngm could update the kernel as it is still on Linux Kernel 4.9.276 (4.9.282 is out).
    Cheers
    not available on the latest LOS build
    Not even with gapps or especially Nikgapps?

This would be the only turnoff :(

Or is there per app lock? I need some sort of security lock JUST for an app, and face unlock is the easiest (with IR) between those

@bgcngm can we have the IR Face unlock in the next update?

Even if Google removed it back in the day, it was because the Face Unlock for cameras was pretty primitive, but we have IR unlock. Lately, "every" OEM like Samsung, Xiaomi still ships Face Unlock on OneUI, MIUI even if it has ONLY the camera, not IR which is more secure.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is out. It includes March's security patch.
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working WiFi Display.
    Lots of updates for the upcoming build. :D
    I am a little bummed about Lineage OS 17.1 official support being dropped as I was really happy on that ROM.
    You do realize that I am human and can't support both branches, right?