• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

Munzu

Mar 29, 2019
I haven't looked at this post in a few months and I just saw that in the original post the line about installing gapps is striked through. What does that mean?

ilya_m

Oct 28, 2010
Hi. About Gps. So behavior is strange: gps tool is able to lock fine, but ll maps application are not able to keep the fix. Even with the background gps service app it does not work. So gps is fixed in background, but upon switching to maps the fix is there but in few seconds the circle around position increases and stays non fixed..
I checked the permissions on both gps a0s amd maps are the same-location and acctyvity sensors...

What could it be, so weird.. is it somehow related to the gapps installed? I did not try switching.

Apps used: gps test-fixes fine, gmaps-no fix, no speed, etc.

Sptember 25 version has build prop ro.build.version.security_patch=2021-09-05

Last edited:

jrafael

Dec 4, 2009
London
Hi. About Gps. So behavior is strange: gps tool is able to lock fine, but ll maps application are not able to keep the fix. Even with the background gps service app it does not work. So gps is fixed in background, but upon switching to maps the fix is there but in few seconds the circle around position increases and stays non fixed..
I checked the permissions on both gps a0s amd maps are the same-location and acctyvity sensors...

What could it be, so weird.. is it somehow related to the gapps installed? I did not try switching.

Apps used: gps test-fixes fine, gmaps-no fix, no speed, etc.

Sptember 25 version has build prop ro.build.version.security_patch=2021-09-05
This happens due to denial location permission of com.google.android.gms.
This can be fixed by grant the location permission using adb shell

adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION

murilocd2017

Oct 9, 2017
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
yG18r6g.png

Working:
  • Camera (and flashlight)
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • Telephony (Calls and Data)
  • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
  • Audio (Record and Playback)
  • Video Playback
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • Encryption (FBE)
  • WiFi Display

Broken:
  • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
  • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Format /system, /data and /cache
  • Install LineageOS zip package
  • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
Important notes:
  • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
  • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
  • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

As always, thank you so much for developing Rom! It's definitely the best available!

I had already reported a problem, a few weeks ago the PicPay application stopped working, it opens but it crashes. As it is a daily use app, it is missing. Thanks.

Reactions: ssgr

xpto32

Apr 9, 2009
Belo Horizonte
Hi. I've just installed Lineage 18.1, latest version, coming from MIUI 12. Everything is fine here, great rom, just found two problems.
First one is auto brightness, but I know it's a known problem and the developer is working on it.
Second one is that I can't mirror the screen to my Fire Stick. This worked in MIUI 12.

Any help?
Thanks in advance.

D1stRU3T0R

Oct 16, 2016
not available on the latest LOS build
Not even with gapps or especially Nikgapps?

This would be the only turnoff :(

Or is there per app lock? I need some sort of security lock JUST for an app, and face unlock is the easiest (with IR) between those

@bgcngm can we have the IR Face unlock in the next update?

Even if Google removed it back in the day, it was because the Face Unlock for cameras was pretty primitive, but we have IR unlock. Lately, "every" OEM like Samsung, Xiaomi still ships Face Unlock on OneUI, MIUI even if it has ONLY the camera, not IR which is more secure.

Last edited:

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1

Or is there per app lock? I need some sort of security lock JUST for an app, and face unlock is the easiest (with IR) between those

Even if Google removed it back in the day, it was because the Face Unlock for cameras was pretty primitive, but we have IR unlock. Lately, "every" OEM like Samsung, Xiaomi still ships Face Unlock on OneUI, MIUI even if it has ONLY the camera, not IR which is more secure.
Official LineageOS does not support Face Unlock and I don't think it will.
Try crDroid ROM which is based on LineageOS with all the features you ask. Other ROMs have also these features.

Reactions: duttyend

D1stRU3T0R

Oct 16, 2016
Official LineageOS does not support Face Unlock and I don't think it will.
Try crDroid ROM which is based on LineageOS with all the features you ask. Other ROMs have also these features.

Tbh I know the crDroid developer, but I prefer something simple with good performance. For some reason crDroid seems bloated, but ill take a look, thanks :D fluctuating between crDroid and PixelExperience, since CAFEX is as dead sadly as Lil Pumps hype.

Largamelion

Sep 10, 2010
I would love Face Unlock as well to be honest but unfortunately it's been mentioned before that the official builds will not support it, this is a decision of the LOS team.

That and One Hand Mode are probably the two things I miss most and would make the ROM perfect.

D1stRU3T0R

Oct 16, 2016
I would love Face Unlock as well to be honest but unfortunately it's been mentioned before that the official builds will not support it, this is a decision of the LOS team.

That and One Hand Mode are probably the two things I miss most and would make the ROM perfect.

Honestly agree. OEMs started implementing it with A11, I remember the backslash from before, but it's coming back for them, and would be good to have it even on our LOS at least.

Munzu

Mar 29, 2019
I keep missing calls for some reason. I have a feeling it happens when I haven't touched my phone in a while. Does anybody know any potential reasons?

Last edited:

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012

+1 for both features!
A few years ago, official LineageOS had a one-hand mode but they didn't want to bother porting the code to newer Android versions as they thought the feature was abandoned by OEMs if I remember correctly

Reactions: D1stRU3T0R

esolks

Nov 16, 2008
casablanca

i have only core installed... i'll. test with a full gapps and. let you know

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,
    For your information, the latest ROM build (2021.10.23) is working fine for me.
    Great news: the kernel has been updated to version 4.9.287!
    not available on the latest LOS build

Do you use Google Photos? I swear this settings has disabled the ability to upload photos. I blamed my Adguard VPN settings and have been searching for 3 days, but re-enabling Fuse fixed my issue.
    Very intrigued to see if you (or anyone else) can confirm!
    Your observations seem accurate. If I disable fuse, Google photos also hangs at syncing.
    Developer options -> Feature flags -> settings_fuse
    Forgot to mention: Reboot required.
    Ok. Was because AdAway rules. Hat to allow several dns requests
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is out. It includes March's security patch.
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working WiFi Display.
    Lots of updates for the upcoming build. :D
    I am a little bummed about Lineage OS 17.1 official support being dropped as I was really happy on that ROM.
    You do realize that I am human and can't support both branches, right?