[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

dv6661

Nov 10, 2012
Batam
excuse me, i'm experiencing bootloop, i read the flashing instruction, but no luck and it stuck on bootanimation, i use official twrp, any suggestion ??

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
Hi all!
For your information, the latest ROM build (2022.01.08) is working fine for me and seems a little bit (even) faster!
The kernel has not been updated to 4.9.296 yet (you can follow mainstream releases at www.kernel.org).
I've just experienced a weird thing on the first reboot: external SD card wasn't appearing in the OS. I rebooted to TWRP, made sure it hasn't been corrupted (as happened in the past), formatted caches, and the problem was solved.

wowi63

Jul 8, 2017
Wileyfox Swift
Xiaomi Poco F1
wowi63 said:

I like to listen to podcasts in public transport and car via headphone jack - in the car via 3.5 mm jack plug on the radio. Every few weeks, the sound gets quieter without my intervention.
I have to unlock the F1 and want so raise the volume. I see a message:
"Raise volume above threshold? If you listen at a higher volume for a longer period of time, you can damage your hearing. Cancel/OK"
This is annoying in public transport and dangerous when driving.
I asked in another forum and got a note for a module in Magisk, "High Volume warning (Disable high volume popup dialog)". But I do not want to root my F1.
Is there another way to get rid of this message?

Demodroid said:
Double tap the volume up button, it will automatically ignore the message.
Thank you, Demodroid,
Double Tap helps, but i have to unlock the Screen, which is not a good advice when driving car.

Is there no way to build LineageOS so that the message comes only once?

Demodroid

Aug 1, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F1
Thank you, Demodroid,
Double Tap helps, but i have to unlock the Screen, which is not a good advice when driving car.

Is there no way to build LineageOS so that the message comes only once?

You could use Smali Patcher to remove the dialogue box completely:

You will need to install Magisk too:

Reactions: duttyend

Mouzinho

Jun 7, 2019
Guys, I'm on latest LineageOS 18.1, I wonder if I can update NikGapps (stock) package without performing a clean install (if so, how?). I didn't root the device, I'm using OrangeFox Recovery.

pmcmm

May 15, 2016
Xiaomi Poco F1
Guys, I'm on latest LineageOS 18.1, I wonder if I can update NikGapps (stock) package without performing a clean install (if so, how?). I didn't root the device, I'm using OrangeFox Recovery.
Hi there, I always supposed that all elements within any gapps package perform self-maintenance, I've been using gapps for years and never saw any outdated google app. Why do you want to update it, are you experiencing any issues?

Mouzinho

Jun 7, 2019
Hi there, I always supposed that all elements within any gapps package perform self-maintenance, I've been using gapps for years and never saw any outdated google app. Why do you want to update it, are you experiencing any issues?
No issues at all, just thought I may have outdated apps but, if they do auto-update then it's okay.

Reactions: pmcmm

Black_Corner

Jan 9, 2022
Guys, help. I downloaded LOS and installed NikGapps, and then cleared dalvik / cache as expected. However, there are some problems: some applications give a synchronization error and demand to install GP services. So I think, maybe I downloaded the wrong version? How to install it correctly on top of the existing one?

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Guys, help. I downloaded LOS and installed NikGapps, and then cleared dalvik / cache as expected. However, there are some problems: some applications give a synchronization error and demand to install GP services. So I think, maybe I downloaded the wrong version? How to install it correctly on top of the existing one?
Dirty flash according my Dirty Installation Guide, use MindTheGApps and install the rest apps from Play Store or use FlameGApps. NikGApps seems to have some issues.

alberto88a

Mar 5, 2010
Giarre
Root and then Magisk with MagiskHide, and if that isnt enough, MagiskHide Props and/or Universal Safetynet fix modules in Magisk.

Basically DOUBLE DOWN
Thanks, the idea is not to root and then having to hide it...I don't need to be root (and actually I'm not) but with the newest build a couple of apps started telling I'm root and don't let me use them..I could try to dirty flash the old version but it's a pity...

Barbarian king

Jun 21, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F1
Thanks, the idea is not to root and then having to hide it...I don't need to be root (and actually I'm not) but with the newest build a couple of apps started telling I'm root and don't let me use them..I could try to dirty flash the old version but it's a pity...
Lineage doesn't pass safetynet by default unlike some other roms. You'll have follow what Atomic said in order to do that.

AtomicStryker

Nov 19, 2015
www.atomicstryker.net
Note regarding the auto brightness: Same as others reported, it's much better now, but the "bug" as far i understand is still there. The slider on the brightness bar still moves (after unlocks) without me touching it, but now it keeps moving back to 50% instead of moving to 0%.

JD. A

Sep 9, 2013
Did anyone get google hot word to work while screen is locked in the latest build? Some guy back said it works but I can't seem to get it to work using flame gapps with the assistant add-on.

EDIT: It works with mindthegapps.

Last edited:

sponk0

Apr 7, 2019
Moto G 2015
Xiaomi Poco F1
Note regarding the auto brightness: Same as others reported, it's much better now, but the "bug" as far i understand is still there. The slider on the brightness bar still moves (after unlocks) without me touching it, but now it keeps moving back to 50% instead of moving to 0%.
Strange, it's working as it should here for me. Have you tried resetting the auto brightness user data by clearing the app data of "Device Health Services"? Just guessing, but maybe it helps.

Top Liked Posts

Can confirm it is related to drivers.
    For me Windows used an ADB driver even though phone was in MTP mode with ADB disabled in developer options.
    Simply went into device manager, selected to update driver and manually selected "MTP device" from the list - voila, it was showing again in win explorer ;)
    For windows 10:
    1. With the mobile connected, uninstall the driver from the device manager
    2. Disconnect the mobile.
    3. Connect the mobile and let Windows install its own driver.
    Did a successful clean install with 19.1 2022-05-21 (before 17.1). Mindthegaps arm64 was installes successfully too.
    Expected problems with FDE didn't appear.

Installed with LOS Recovery.
    2022 05 21 installed, got bootloop, anyone else ??
    (Twrp came up ok but would not install from sd card or
    restore, had to factory reset).
    Was facing similar issues in the beginning. Would suggest you use lineage recovery instead of twrp.
    Installed latest weekly today. No big change on a first look. Graphical issues on notification bar are still there, not a big issue though :)
    The first time I was scared if disappearing magisk but sideloading it will revert all the setup as it was before the rom update, including whitelist and modules. So also that is not a big issue I would say, the only disadvantage is that it's better not to update while you're not at home...
    Official LineageOS 19.1 is out. 🥳
    Download
    Changelog
    Note: I suggest clean install from one android version to another to avoid possible bugs but if you don't want to, you can follow the Upgrade Guide in Wiki of LineageOS to upgrade without losing data.

Many thanks to the dev @bgcngm
    Posted this on the reddit, but maybe support for FDE has been added back in for the next build?
    322897: cryptfs: Fix legacy QCOM HW FDE encryption | https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_system_vold/+/322897
    That explains your issues. You should be able to flash los18 and mindthegapps 11 again, then your device should boot again (see previous posts in this thread)

In #1386 I described my experience with a FDE device. (I ended up factory resetting and installed fresh.)
    I tried again, as advised by people here, using LineageOS recovery to install LOS19.1(20220507). It made no difference it still boot loops. As previously it doesn't prompt for a FDE decryption password which must mean there is still something broken with the FDE support. It should recognise there is an FDE partition and prompt to try and decrypt it.

I reinstalled TWRP and re-installed 18.1 (20220423) in TWRP and it all came back, immediately prompted for my FDE password, so my /data is definitely intact.

Hoping too (as others have said) something comes along with this. Failing that (in a while), my plan of backing up in TWRP and formatting /data, then restoring /data. This should make an unencrypted /data, that should allow 19.1 to boot. But very very reluctant to lose FDE.
    Official LineageOS 19.1 is out. 🥳
    Download
    Changelog
    Many thanks to the dev @bgcngm
    Amen
    Thankyou so much for keeping our poco updated even after 4 years @bgcngm .
    A question towards those who already migrated to Los19:
    Which recovery are you using?
    I currently have TWRP installed, but some posts indicate that you need lineage os recovery? Is that correct?
    Yes you need los recovery in order to get OTA updates while you are encrypted since TWRP can't handle decryption of encrypted A12 ROMs yet.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is out. It includes March's security patch.
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working WiFi Display.
    Having built the ROM with this patch, I can also confirm that it resolves my issues with auto brightness.
    @bgcngm, it would be great if the patch was included.
    Very likely. I am noticing these auto-brightness issues more often now while working on Android 12 and it's driving me nuts. Will give it a try and if it fixes the issue I will apply it over to the current builds.
    @bgcngm you will be working in lineage 19/19.1?
    It's ready, I just didn't share any unofficial build yet.