[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

a9k1t

Jan 3, 2018
Note regarding the auto brightness: Same as others reported, it's much better now, but the "bug" as far i understand is still there. The slider on the brightness bar still moves (after unlocks) without me touching it, but now it keeps moving back to 50% instead of moving to 0%.
Bug is still there, but behaves a little better. It reappears when device sleeps for some time or when restarting the device.
There is also a fingerprint bug since A11. Sometimes device does not recognize your fingerprint. It happens to me 20-30% of times. I always do clean flash and never bloat my device with gapps.
I will try to install stock gapps package this time (maybe it is the reason many people are not having this issue).
@sponk0 Can you tell me what gapps package you use?

Jaunor

Nov 9, 2021
Hi, this custom rom is amazing, i have been using it for a while, but today i wanted to try the facial unlock and i cant find how to activate it, is not available in this rom?

sponk0

Apr 7, 2019
Moto G 2015
Xiaomi Poco F1
@sponk0 Can you tell me what gapps package you use?
I use MindTheGapps 11.0.0 arm64. If I remember correctly this version was recommended by the developer when I first installed LineageOS 18.1 in March 2021.

Note: I have never experienced any issues with the fingerprint sensor. But there might also be different versions with different hardware on the market, which could explain that some people have issues and some don't, I don't know...

Reactions: duttyend

Mike369

Sep 21, 2021
all seems fine for me except I cannot install USB audio player as the play store seems to think my F1 is pixel 6 - and the pixel 6 has a USB bug apparently so the USB audio player has pulled the app

Any ideas

Kamul_PL

Nov 28, 2015
Katowice
I've recently noticed some strange touchscreen problems. It seems it sometimes stop working for miliseconds and then it returns. Periodically. It effects as if I pull finger up for a short while and than put it down again (often a few times in a while). "Thanks to that" I'm obtaining 2 or 3 the same digits when I put my PIN number in a place, where it should be only one digit. Or when I scroll a web page, it effects in "auto click" on some random places (a links many times), which is very annoying behaviour.

I've replaced my broken LCD display not a long time ago. But I've updated LineageOS almost simultaneously. So I'm not sure where is the fault, although I suspect the LCD display.

Anyone experienced similar effects? And doesn't replaced LCD screen like me, of course? ;)
Please, help...

TioCareca

I've recently noticed some strange touchscreen problems. It seems it sometimes stop working for miliseconds and then it returns. Periodically. It effects as if I pull finger up for a short while and than put it down again (often a few times in a while). "Thanks to that" I'm obtaining 2 or 3 the same digits when I put my PIN number in a place, where it should be only one digit. Or when I scroll a web page, it effects in "auto click" on some random places (a links many times), which is very annoying behaviour.

I've replaced my broken LCD display not a long time ago. But I've updated LineageOS almost simultaneously. So I'm not sure where is the fault, although I suspect the LCD display.

Anyone experienced similar effects? And doesn't replaced LCD screen like me, of course? ;)
Please, help...
I am getting ghost touch in last update, but i never noticed micro stutter like you...

hakkitarion

May 30, 2019
Is there a way to access Android/Data on the external SD card?
Since Android 11 it is no longer possible due to scoped storage

TioCareca

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220130-003353_Total_Commander.png
    Screenshot_20220130-003353_Total_Commander.png
    221.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20220130-003337_Total_Commander.png
    Screenshot_20220130-003337_Total_Commander.png
    219 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: hakkitarion

fightforlife

Oct 25, 2012
Hello together, some LineageOS 18.1 roms seem to have a "use sim" switch. The Poco F1 does not have this. Would it be technically possible to get this switch?

Attachments

• 1pxgLrY.png
    1pxgLrY.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 45

Top Liked Posts

The same here.
    I just checked and it doesn't detect the device.
    My computer now does not show Poco F1 in file explorer, nor does it work with adb.
    In lineageos recovery the device is detected and I can update the firmware..
    Found solution.
    Reinstall ADB driver on windows
    Found solution.
    Reinstall ADB driver on windows
    Can confirm it is related to drivers.
    For me Windows used an ADB driver even though phone was in MTP mode with ADB disabled in developer options.
    Simply went into device manager, selected to update driver and manually selected "MTP device" from the list - voila, it was showing again in win explorer ;)
    Official LineageOS 19.1 is out. 🥳
    Download
    Changelog
    Note: I suggest clean install from one android version to another to avoid possible bugs but if you don't want to, you can follow the Upgrade Guide in Wiki of LineageOS to upgrade without losing data.

Many thanks to the dev @bgcngm
    Posted this on the reddit, but maybe support for FDE has been added back in for the next build?
    322897: cryptfs: Fix legacy QCOM HW FDE encryption | https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_system_vold/+/322897
    That explains your issues. You should be able to flash los18 and mindthegapps 11 again, then your device should boot again (see previous posts in this thread)

In #1386 I described my experience with a FDE device. (I ended up factory resetting and installed fresh.)
    I tried again, as advised by people here, using LineageOS recovery to install LOS19.1(20220507). It made no difference it still boot loops. As previously it doesn't prompt for a FDE decryption password which must mean there is still something broken with the FDE support. It should recognise there is an FDE partition and prompt to try and decrypt it.

I reinstalled TWRP and re-installed 18.1 (20220423) in TWRP and it all came back, immediately prompted for my FDE password, so my /data is definitely intact.

Hoping too (as others have said) something comes along with this. Failing that (in a while), my plan of backing up in TWRP and formatting /data, then restoring /data. This should make an unencrypted /data, that should allow 19.1 to boot. But very very reluctant to lose FDE.
    Official LineageOS 19.1 is out. 🥳
    Download
    Changelog
    Many thanks to the dev @bgcngm
    Amen
    Thankyou so much for keeping our poco updated even after 4 years @bgcngm .
    A question towards those who already migrated to Los19:
    Which recovery are you using?
    I currently have TWRP installed, but some posts indicate that you need lineage os recovery? Is that correct?
    Yes you need los recovery in order to get OTA updates while you are encrypted since TWRP can't handle decryption of encrypted A12 ROMs yet.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is out. It includes March's security patch.
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working WiFi Display.
    Having built the ROM with this patch, I can also confirm that it resolves my issues with auto brightness.
    @bgcngm, it would be great if the patch was included.
    Very likely. I am noticing these auto-brightness issues more often now while working on Android 12 and it's driving me nuts. Will give it a try and if it fixes the issue I will apply it over to the current builds.
    @bgcngm you will be working in lineage 19/19.1?
    It's ready, I just didn't share any unofficial build yet.