[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

Lorog

May 29, 2012
If you are on OFFICIAL LineageOS 16.0 you can't directly move to UNOFFICIAL ROM without wiping data.
to upgrade from OFFICIAL 16.0 to 17.1 Follow the guide :

1. You can download latest firmware from : https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/beryllium/ and flash it before insatlling rom.
2. If you are factory resetting or wiping data you don't need to worry about FBE and encryption.
3. Consider upgrading recovery to OFFICIAL image before formatting
4. After flashing rom you need to flash gapps immediately before first boot, Updates does not requires flashing gapps again.

thank you!
So, since, yes, I'm gonna wipe data before upgrading, I could run the following steps:
  1. download and install latest recovery TWRP version (v3.5.x) (is it correct as first step here?)
  2. download and install latest stable firmware (V12.0.2.0.QEJMIXM)
  3. format /system, /data and /cache
  4. flash LineageOS v18.1
  5. flash Gapps
  6. reboot
correct?

SPLESHER

Jun 23, 2017
Hi!
Does anybody know if this rom comes with play store certification and encrypted by default?
And is SELinux enforcing?
Or do you know if @bgcngm is going to implement it in near future?
Thanks in advance.

Nov 7, 2016
Anyone else noticing low mic volume in for example WhatsApp voice messages?
I was using the flashable ZIP from the LineageOS 17.1 thread, but in this latest build it seems to be not working anymore..
Not sure if it using a different config. file or if the content of it is now different.

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
  • Apr 2, 2007
    Lisbon
    bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.com

Retrial

Recognized Contributor
  • Jun 10, 2015
    Athens
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Xiaomi Poco F1
    Last edited:

Zatsando

Oct 16, 2017
    i ve never used an unofficial lineage os version? how much different is from the final product? and second question is this even worth to flash it, if you you are going to flash it again to install the official version?

Nov 7, 2016
    Anyone else noticing low mic volume in for example WhatsApp voice messages?
    I was using the flashable ZIP from the LineageOS 17.1 thread, but in this latest build it seems to be not working anymore..
    Not sure if it using a different config. file or if the content of it is now different.

So if anyone else is wondering. it seems to be related to latest official TWRP 3.5. Weird thing is I was stuck in LineageOS bootup screen on Android 10 and 11 after editing mixer_paths.xml manually. I am on 3.4.1 again with LineageOS 17.1 for testing, here it works fine to flash the volume_fix.zip. I guess I am going back to LineageOS 18.1 again.

Reactions: duttyend

youvedone

Apr 9, 2015
    Does anybody know if missed WifiCalling Parameters can be extracted from another Android Phone to work with LineagOS?
    Missing this Part very with Lineage/Beryllium/Mbudget Provider

archish

Apr 3, 2012
    @bgcngm
    The ROM works well. Thanks for your time and effort.
    Can you please tweak the brightness settings. The lowest brightness is quite high. LOS 17 builds were perfect. The brightness curve is erratic as well but I will wait for the brightness auto learning to complete before judging.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Lots of updates for the upcoming build. :D
      I am a little bummed about Lineage OS 17.1 official support being dropped as I was really happy on that ROM.
      You do realize that I am human and can't support both branches, right?
      If I toggle it on, the notification light disappears while I am charging my phone. Turning it off brings back the light. Maybe its only on my end.
      Yea okay, I see what I did wrong. Fixing as we speak.
      After the last update it has improved a lot! Thanks!

All that remains is the voice match to work again. It appears as disabled and says that it is not available in my language (en-us), but I know it is available because I already used it in 17.1.
      @bgcngm
      a "fix" for it
      So, last outstanding issue the auto brightness in lowlight circumstances?
      Please refer to https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3334.
      2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
      yG18r6g.png

Working:
      • Camera (and flashlight)
      • WiFi
      • Bluetooth
      • Telephony (Calls and Data)
      • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
      • Audio (Record and Playback)
      • Video Playback
      • Sensors
      • GPS
      • Encryption (FBE)
      • WiFi Display

Broken:
      • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
      Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
      Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
      • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
      • Reboot to recovery
      • Format /system, /data and /cache
      • Install LineageOS zip package
      • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
      Important notes:
      • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
      • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
      • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
      All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
      New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working WiFi Display.
      New build is out. It includes March's security patch.
      Lots of updates for the upcoming build. :D
      I am a little bummed about Lineage OS 17.1 official support being dropped as I was really happy on that ROM.
      You do realize that I am human and can't support both branches, right?
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone