[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

Dhruvgera

Jan 14, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F1
1. I'll check that out, haven't really looked into it, a logcat would definitely help. Although, the changes that were required for it to work in android Q are present for android R, guess it needs more than that.
2. I'd suggest you to use stock or full package as it contains Google Calendar. The sync should work fine as the calendar sync app is shipped even in the core version of NikGapps. Maybe I'll check if there's a newer version released and ensure to include it with next release.
3. Google sounds is part of stock and full, you wouldn't find it in macro. (check https://nikgapps.com/downloads for details on which package is available in which variant)
4. That's fixed with latest release. Check out 8th Nov release.

I know everyone is more comfortable with OpenGapps and it's a quite reliable project, trust that so is NikGapps, been trying to iron out all the issues that are reported with every release. :)
The android 11 Hotword detection is an issue with beryllium's BLOBs, not a gapps issue 👍🏻👍🏻

Reactions: duttyend and Nikhil

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
Why don't you tell me? I have no such issue.
Because this is my daily driver and I use it for work. I am running your LineageOS 17.1 ROM (I and others reported the issue several times in the dedicated thread with the above link to the detailed bug report) so I cannot test 18.1 version.

We are very grateful for your great ROMs but this bug has been a major pain (phone overheating, having to reboot several times a day)...

MW_9152

Feb 15, 2018
NLD
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3
@bgcngm Did you look at the vendor security patch? (see quoted message below) I didn't see any commits related to this in the Gerrit. Thanks for your great work!

Well, I see other developers updating their vendor security patch. Such as the Havoc-OS maintainer: https://github.com/PainKiller3/devi...ommit/26318128b4876b4c1dfa648022c5e43a4aca405

They update it simultaneously with the latest vendor. But you've probably more knowledge about it. Would you like to look into it? Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: duttyend

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is out. It includes March's security patch.
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working WiFi Display.
    Having built the ROM with this patch, I can also confirm that it resolves my issues with auto brightness.
    @bgcngm, it would be great if the patch was included.
    Very likely. I am noticing these auto-brightness issues more often now while working on Android 12 and it's driving me nuts. Will give it a try and if it fixes the issue I will apply it over to the current builds.
    @bgcngm you will be working in lineage 19/19.1?
    It's ready, I just didn't share any unofficial build yet.