[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

sponk0

Apr 7, 2019
Moto G 2015
Xiaomi Poco F1
Some thought: I'm currently running the 2021-09-04 build. About 1 1/2 days ago I gave auto brightness another try. So far it's behaving as it should, didn't get any 0% brightness wake up so far. I'll keep watching...
There is something listed in the changelog about auto brightness again, but too me it sounds like code clean up only, so I wasn't expecting any improvement... Well, let's see....

PocoMyWaifu

Jun 7, 2020
Hello! I just installed the last LOS 18.1 and I see more consumption of the battery (my battery is OK). Is everyone like that or is it just me?

AtomicStryker

Nov 19, 2015
Some thought: I'm currently running the 2021-09-04 build. About 1 1/2 days ago I gave auto brightness another try. So far it's behaving as it should, didn't get any 0% brightness wake up so far. I'll keep watching...
There is something listed in the changelog about auto brightness again, but too me it sounds like code clean up only, so I wasn't expecting any improvement... Well, let's see....

Doing the same, well auto-brightness appears to be working but the setting slider moves by itself randomly, after each unlock or so it feels. So i have a random-level of auto-brightness which might blow up my eyes at night or turn the screen useless in sunlight.

sponk0

Apr 7, 2019
Moto G 2015
Xiaomi Poco F1
Doing the same, well auto-brightness appears to be working but the setting slider moves by itself randomly, after each unlock or so it feels. So i have a random-level of auto-brightness which might blow up my eyes at night or turn the screen useless in sunlight.
My experience after a few more days of watching: auto brightness bug still exists. The initial phase where it seemed to be better must have been coincidence

murilocd2017

Oct 9, 2017
Dear developer, thank you very much for your work. Some observations:

APP PicPay has not been working for several months;
The preferred sim is reset to "1" with each update.

Reactions: sosna123098

Hondal277

Sep 20, 2021
Hi, I was copying data (a book) from my phone to my PC and my phone just reboot and said that data was corrupted and I needed to factory erase. I did , and everything looks apparently normal. But I'm concerned of this because if it happened once, can happen again.

penticton8

Feb 28, 2018
Google Pixel XL
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hi, I was copying data (a book) from my phone to my PC and my phone just reboot and said that data was corrupted and I needed to factory erase. I did , and everything looks apparently normal. But I'm concerned of this because if it happened once, can happen again.
Same also, turned on, said encrypted data was corrupted, asked for password which I don't have, said do factory reset.
TWRP was still there but would not install backup. Did factory reset and AOK.

Reactions: gongoscho

Hondal277

Sep 20, 2021
Not
Same also, turned on, said encrypted data was corrupted, asked for password which I don't have, said do factory reset.
TWRP was still there but would not install backup. Did factory reset and AOK.
Mine just straight was not working. I had to re install everything and fortunately didn't loose anything important but those bugs are major

Reactions: gongoscho

Largamelion

Sep 10, 2010
I flashed the latest build from TWRP as always but lost Magisk & thereby root. After flashing Magisk all was good again, fortunately still passed Google Play certification without having to change the fingerprint. Only had to reflash ANX Camera as that also disappeared.

Other than that, everything seems to work fine.

Reactions: ilya_m

Tremolo4

Dec 2, 2017
I flashed the latest build from TWRP as always but lost Magisk & thereby root. After flashing Magisk all was good again, fortunately still passed Google Play certification without having to change the fingerprint. Only had to reflash ANX Camera as that also disappeared.

Other than that, everything seems to work fine.
Did you decrypt the data partition in TWRP before flashing the update?
I always do that and it worked fine for me, Magisk works before and after update.
IIRC, if TWRP can't access the data partition, then Magisk can not restore itself after the update via its addon.d script.

Largamelion

Sep 10, 2010
Did you decrypt the data partition in TWRP before flashing the update?
I always do that and it worked fine for me, Magisk works before and after update.
IIRC, if TWRP can't access the data partition, then Magisk can not restore itself after the update via its addon.d script.
I've never done this is the past that I know of, unless this happens automatically when you enter your PIN in TWRP? I just did what I always do and this was the first time I lost Magisk.

Reactions: ilya_m

esolks

Nov 16, 2008
casablanca
hello folks
use orange fox, no need to reinstall gapps or magisk
auto back up and restore scripts work like a charm on it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is out. It includes March's security patch.
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working WiFi Display.
    Having built the ROM with this patch, I can also confirm that it resolves my issues with auto brightness.
    @bgcngm, it would be great if the patch was included.
    Very likely. I am noticing these auto-brightness issues more often now while working on Android 12 and it's driving me nuts. Will give it a try and if it fixes the issue I will apply it over to the current builds.
    @bgcngm you will be working in lineage 19/19.1?
    It's ready, I just didn't share any unofficial build yet.