[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 18.1 for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

ssgr

Jul 8, 2018
@stephendt0
Sounds familiar. But I'm not sure whether these issues are specific to this ROM. I have had them with this ROM , but also with other devices, Android, iOS, Windows, Linux before

Last edited:
Reactions: duttyend

Smultie

Apr 13, 2006
Sooooo, we know how to fix the brightness issue, bit can't reach anyone that can actually push the fix?
Well, that sucks!

Reactions: ilya_m

esolks

Nov 16, 2008
casablanca
the best stable rom ever... only the ****y auto brightness bug. XD
Waiting for a fix and of course a LOS android 12 rom
latest LOS 20-11-21 update with the new kernel without any issues.
Orange Fox recovery magic OTA

Love it.

Reactions: Smultie and sponk0

stephendt0

Apr 9, 2012
QLD, Australia
Update: I tried a reboot, disconnecting all bluetooth devices and it's not doing it anymore. I'm baffled.

Edit: It was related to my bluetooth watch. When it has permissions to handle calls, it just auto answers and then hangs up immediately, so revoked permissions and problem solved.

Last edited:
Reactions: CSL00

gongoscho

First of all, thanks for the ROM! I finally switched from v16 to v18 with fresh install.

The first thing I noticed was the problem with the screen brightness, which has already been described here several times.

It's strange when I sit in a dark environment and correct the brightness from 0% to 15%, the brightness returns to 0% after a while.

What I also noticed is that sometimes the home button doesn't work. I always have to click on: Back, Back so that I land on the home screen.

Does anyone still have the home button problem?

grEEtZ

esolks

Nov 16, 2008
casablanca
First of all, thanks for the ROM! I finally switched from v16 to v18 with fresh install.

The first thing I noticed was the problem with the screen brightness, which has already been described here several times.

It's strange when I sit in a dark environment and correct the brightness from 0% to 15%, the brightness returns to 0% after a while.

What I also noticed is that sometimes the home button doesn't work. I always have to click on: Back, Back so that I land on the home screen.

Does anyone still have the home button problem?

grEEtZ
hi bro
forget about the virtual button... and use the full screen gesture XD

Sushi3110

Aug 11, 2010
Hello,

I want to connect the phone to my Linux PC with KDEConnect and want to give it access to the SD card but when I choose the SD card in the file browser I get the message "Can't use this folder. To protect your privacy choose another folder".

It seems I can give KDEConnect only permission to media files. But I could give it permission to all files before. Can I somehow give it access to whatever I want again?

Evgen_17

Feb 19, 2016
Hello,

I want to connect the phone to my Linux PC with KDEConnect and want to give it access to the SD card but when I choose the SD card in the file browser I get the message "Can't use this folder. To protect your privacy choose another folder".

It seems I can give KDEConnect only permission to media files. But I could give it permission to all files before. Can I somehow give it access to whatever I want again?
The latest KDE Connect (1.18.1) from PlayStore can get access to SD. Just update it throw AuroraStore. KDE Connect from F-droid have some access issues right now.

Sushi3110

Aug 11, 2010
The latest KDE Connect (1.18.1) from PlayStore can get access to SD. Just update it throw AuroraStore. KDE Connect from F-droid have some access issues right now.
Hey there, thanks for the reply!
Unfortunately the version from aurora has the same issue, just testd it. Ah I forgot to mention that I use the "Lineage OS for MicroG", if that's relevant at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211201-221545_Files.png
    Screenshot_20211201-221545_Files.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20211201-221708_Permission_controller.png
    Screenshot_20211201-221708_Permission_controller.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 40

jiber11

Dec 4, 2021
Hello everyone. Faced the problem of echo, in cellular calls and messengers (Telegram, Signal). The interlocutor hears the strong echo from his voice. I was looking for answers in this thread, I thought it was in the vendor firmware, after which I flash the official stock ROM (MIUI 11.0.3) updated it to the last (12.0.3) and after which I installed Lineage OS. But the echo when the calls did not go anywhere. (Checked calls on MIUI too). I also tried cleaned the microphone and removed the case. Someone came across this? Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    New build is out. It includes March's security patch.
    New build is up, with this month's Android security fixes already included and working WiFi Display.
    Having built the ROM with this patch, I can also confirm that it resolves my issues with auto brightness.
    @bgcngm, it would be great if the patch was included.
    Very likely. I am noticing these auto-brightness issues more often now while working on Android 12 and it's driving me nuts. Will give it a try and if it fixes the issue I will apply it over to the current builds.
    @bgcngm you will be working in lineage 19/19.1?
    It's ready, I just didn't share any unofficial build yet.