• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 - Xiaomi Mi 8

Search This thread

Reacon

Jan 13, 2013
Just updated from 16 yesterday. All the abovementioned flaws (toggle airplane, wifi, auto brightness) work just fine on my phone.

For install, I did all this in one go:
-Flash newest TWRP
-Flash latest firmware in TWRP
-Wipe Data
-Flash Lineage 17.1 official
-Flash GAPPS
-Flash Magisk
-Wipe dalvik/cache
-Reboot
-Wallow in despair from having to reconfigure everything after a data wipe.

Oh, an ANX camera is incompatible it seems. After uninstalling it bricked my Camera app. That said, upgrading to the latest nightly fixed it and it's back to stock. I'll wait until ANX is updated to try again.

Reactions: infrag

moviefirst

Nov 3, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
How can I activate the full screen gestures?
Now when I activate it, the screen still has a black bar and a pill under in the screen. Can somebody please tell me how to get full screen? Fluid gesture app also doesn't remove the black bar.

harnkalkn

May 16, 2015
Famagusta
I used modded OP launcher or Lawnchair magisk module for stock launcher experience but CPU draining battery and phone is heating. You can see on pic what happening to cpu. CPU performance cores working almost maximize and no drop to 825 level. This happens with Quickswitch too. And now i using lawnchair alpha apk without gestures, everythings good with this style.

Sent from my Mi 8 using XDA Labs

Attachments

• IMG_20200419_123346_068.jpg
    IMG_20200419_123346_068.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 390

mr3p

Oct 14, 2013
Miami
I used modded OP launcher or Lawnchair magisk module for stock launcher experience but CPU draining battery and phone is heating. You can see on pic what happening to cpu. CPU performance cores working almost maximize and no drop to 825 level. This happens with Quickswitch too. And now i using lawnchair alpha apk without gestures, everythings good with this style.

I have been using Lawnchair app from Play Store, not Magisk module, and I have no issues with CPU draining or phone heating. Yes I do have Magisk installed.

Greetings. I would like to know why after quite a few LineageOS 17.1 builds, they still haven't managed to fix the problem with Android Auto .....

Android Auto is absolutely essential to me.
What do they need? Can I help them with any feedback, log or something similar?
Where should I send these problems?

Last edited:

samson65

Jan 10, 2009
Greetings. I would like to know why after quite a few LineageOS 17.1 builds, they still haven't managed to fix the problem with Android Auto .....

As I wrote before I´ve problems as well but after every update I reinstall Android Auto and Google Maps and it works.

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis

As I wrote before I´ve problems as well but after every update I reinstall Android Auto and Google Maps and it works.

I don't have to reinstall anything, but If you disable hardware overlays in developer menu, it fixes screen flicker and lags after unplugging from Android Auto. I agree it is an essential part of the ROM and also wonder why the fixes aren't implemented.

I don't have to reinstall anything, but If you disable hardware overlays in developer menu, it fixes screen flicker and lags after unplugging from Android Auto. I agree it is an essential part of the ROM and also wonder why the fixes aren't implemented.

I have already commented this several times, it even happened with LineageOS 16. Finally, they corrected it after many compilations. I don't know what they really did, or what commit was fixed.

The problem with this "workaround" is that on each restart the Hardware overlays option is automatically disabled.
It is not a solution in itself.

Last edited:

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis
I have already commented this several times, it even happened with LineageOS 16. Finally, they corrected it after many compilations. I don't know what they really did, or what commit was fixed.

The problem with this "workaround" is that on each restart the Hardware overlays option is automatically disabled.
It is not a solution in itself.

I did a quick lookup at the code in 16.0, and found this commit that was specific to the issue. It seems CAF builds were fine back then only affecting AOSP.
@infrag

https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_vendor_lineage/+/252119

Maybe incorporate in 17?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since the 9/16 update, the battery drain has been terrible.
    On my phone everything is normal.
    Who said I didn't use my phone?
    bad, a good mi8 have much better result, sequential read in the 600-700mb/s range
    pm me if you need help or open another thread, this is not related to lineage
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Device tree source code: LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_dipper
    Kernel source code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Compatibility:
    Compatible with Xiaomi Mi 8
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware.
    Downloads:
    Official download links: https://download.lineageos.org/dipper

Lineage 18.1 Kernels:
    15/06/2021

Lineage 18.1 Unofficial builds:

Build 15/06/2021

Recommended firmware is latest MIUI stable firmware.

Notice:
    No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 8)
    Format /system, /data and /cache
    Install MIUI firmware
    Install LineageOS zip package
    Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice

Important notes:
    * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI *-based builds.
    Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    so the newest build 04/11/2019 uses Xiaomi Q blobs.
    Therefore it has some bugs:
    I havent got bluetooth audio working yet. Bluetooth calls seem to work fine though.
    Sound: Speaker works if you make a phone call first and switch to speaker during the call. After that everything else starts working.
    Edit: fixed. - GPS all satellites should show up now.
    Android Auto fixes probably havent been added yet to lineage but when anything shows up I'll add it.

The reason this build took so long to be released is that Q radio blobs kept causing a reboot when data was used and switched to low power mode. I believe I have fixed this.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bhurP2zIyZf93jJzSN1IBbiMBhmbSd_h

Edit: Uploaded the correct build now. Also added in gps fix
    Also fyi I'd hoped to have anther build up by now but since lineage has changed to 17.1 branches instead of 17.0 my build system is a bit of a mess. Waiting for all the repos to be updated to 17.1 before releasing anything. Hopefully it wont be too long...
    18/12/2019 finally a working q build with q blobs and working audio.
    havent tested it a lot so any bugs let me know. There will be a v2 of the audio fix/change. This fix was just to make it work. :)
    new build in OP.
    For android auto users unless I say otherwise I have not fixed your problem yet. :|