[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 - Xiaomi Mi 8

Search This thread

infrag

Sep 3, 2008
Perth
I tried the new nfc config today, worked for me on GPay.
For the record, I'm also using the safetynetfix module with Magisk in hide mode.
Thanks a lot @infrag!
Excellent.
Could you do one more thing then.
Test this file also and let me know if it still works. (It has one small change and a few formatting changes)
Then I can submit this for official builds if it works.

Goalach

Nov 11, 2016
It's scary and mysterious. Last night I was able to pay with GPay and it stopped working earlier. Device is not rooted, no magisk.
Unwanted software is installed .... I'm ****ing annoyed with google.

infrag

Sep 3, 2008
Perth
Good question. My lineageos is not rooted, so no magisk needed.
actually lineage official builds dont hide the fact you have an unlocked bootloader. Therefore most people get flagged from their banking apps as having an untrusted device. This includes Gpay. There are ways around it like flashing a custom kernel or using attestation hacks or as others have said using Magisk.

There are also some people who say they dont need anything but not sure how they get away with that but they are the lucky few I believe :)

infrag

Sep 3, 2008
Perth
The NFC patch didn't work, still can't be activated.. was working with los 17.1 and yaap :-(
Mate your not giving a lot of detail there. What part is not working for you? What program are you trying to use? What payment method?

Are you using Magisk?
Different kernel?

Others are saying that its fixed for them now. It also works for me. Therefore if you want something fixed your going to have to be pretty specific ;-)

whistrm

Jan 18, 2020
Mate your not giving a lot of detail there. What part is not working for you? What program are you trying to use? What payment method?

Are you using Magisk?
Different kernel?

Others are saying that its fixed for them now. It also works for me. Therefore if you want something fixed your going to have to be pretty specific ;-)
shure. It's impossible to activate nfc via settings so I tried to reflaah the rom cleanly but now, I can only boot to recovery why?

predragiPredrag

• Jan 8, 2012
    shure. It's impossible to activate nfc via settings so I tried to reflaah the rom cleanly but now, I can only boot to recovery why?
    You are one hell of a troll..... Developer tells you that you didn't provide details so that people can help you, and you do it again... It would be sad if it was not funny xD
    Let's start again:
    - What recovery and which version
    - Which firmware version
    - Which gapps
    - Did you flash Magisk and was it before or after flashing gapps
    - Term cleanly is used quite liberally here, so did you format, or just cleaned system and cache before flashing.

Top Liked Posts

Next news:
      OGapps Team will include the last changes required for Auto to work with A11 probably at this weekend, so that new pico and nano test builds will definately be published.

If the webview component is also fixed by then, they'll release the whole bunch of OGApps packages at once.
      @infrag may we have a new unofficial once the June security update has been merged? That would be great! Thanks much!
      Uh yep sure. Sorry didnt think anyone was using unofficial builds. I'll upload one soon. If you prefer I can also upload stock lineage kernel with safetynet fix and you can flash that with latest los builds (till there are kernel changes you care about).
      Either one appreciated but the unofficial will be easier to update I guess since I can just flash it without having to restore everything (different signatures, right?). And yes confirmed, I'm just after the safetynet w/o need for Magisk... guess it's the same for many others and the LOS official policy is a bit stubborn in my view ;)
      I've uploaded both.
      Thank you for helping me with camera app, all you mates posting above!
      FYI:

=> New 12.5-Firmware incoming for our devices. 😉
      Looks good, but is there any other solution which would not require flashing magisk etc? I am fed up with flashing, bootloops, backups... I mean I can do this, but I already lost too much time to make my Dipper work as a daily device. And my banking app works fine now...
      Just use gcam. Its far easier. Ask for someone to post a link.
      https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Device tree source code: LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_dipper
      Kernel source code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Compatibility:
      Compatible with Xiaomi Mi 8
      Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware.
      Downloads:
      Official download links: https://download.lineageos.org/dipper

Lineage 18.1 Kernels:
      15/06/2021

Lineage 18.1 Unofficial builds:

Build 15/06/2021

Recommended firmware is latest MIUI stable firmware.

Notice:
      No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
      Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 8)
      Format /system, /data and /cache
      Install MIUI firmware
      Install LineageOS zip package
      Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice

Important notes:
      * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI *-based builds.
      Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
      so the newest build 04/11/2019 uses Xiaomi Q blobs.
      Therefore it has some bugs:
      I havent got bluetooth audio working yet. Bluetooth calls seem to work fine though.
      Sound: Speaker works if you make a phone call first and switch to speaker during the call. After that everything else starts working.
      Edit: fixed. - GPS all satellites should show up now.
      Android Auto fixes probably havent been added yet to lineage but when anything shows up I'll add it.

The reason this build took so long to be released is that Q radio blobs kept causing a reboot when data was used and switched to low power mode. I believe I have fixed this.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bhurP2zIyZf93jJzSN1IBbiMBhmbSd_h

Edit: Uploaded the correct build now. Also added in gps fix
      Also fyi I'd hoped to have anther build up by now but since lineage has changed to 17.1 branches instead of 17.0 my build system is a bit of a mess. Waiting for all the repos to be updated to 17.1 before releasing anything. Hopefully it wont be too long...
      18/12/2019 finally a working q build with q blobs and working audio.
      havent tested it a lot so any bugs let me know. There will be a v2 of the audio fix/change. This fix was just to make it work. :)
      new build in OP.
      For android auto users unless I say otherwise I have not fixed your problem yet. :|