• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 - Xiaomi Mi 8

Search This thread

G A S T

Apr 20, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Samsung Galaxy S6
In particular since FB 7590 just received an update with WiFi improvements (v7.27) ...
Can't tell since I don't use the WiFi on mine, never saw this issue.

My VF F!B6591 runs still on F!OS 7.22 without Wifi improvements and I had this issue too, so it can't be related to F!OS 7.27.

Now that test builds of opengaps are available for A11, is is still recommended to use mindthegaps or should we use the test builds for opengaps?

I would recommend the OGApps if stock or nano fits for you. For myself I'm still awaiting a new pico build. I won't install anything else than pico.

Oberfreak

May 22, 2021
Hey there,

I installed 18.1 today and regarding to accu battery my quick charge is only delivering about 5W.

I switched charger and cable and can't get it to work. It takes ages to charge the phone :(

Does anyone know a trick oder did I mess up somehow?

Thanks a lot!
Markus

Oberfreak

May 22, 2021
Hey there,

I installed 18.1 today and regarding to accu battery my quick charge is only delivering about 5W.

I switched charger and cable and can't get it to work. It takes ages to charge the phone :(

Does anyone know a trick oder did I mess up somehow?

Thanks a lot!
Markus

_andreas_

Jul 29, 2008
I had an bootloop after the installation of the linage rom

My settings:
recovery: twrp 3.5_10
gapps: NikGapps-stock-arm64-11-20210514-signed.zip
magisk 23.0

What i've done after wiping data:
wiped system, vendor, cache, dalvik
flashed miui global v12.0.2.0 and / or China 12.0.4.0
flashed lineage lineage-18.1-20210520-nightly-dipper-signed.zip
NikGapps-stock-arm64-11-20210514-signed.zip

--> BOOTLOOP into recovery

I also checkte open GAPPS, but here i received an version missmatch GAPPS 10 - found 11

Im my case, the solution was to use the lineage recomended "MindTheGapps" Gapps.
With this package, i was able to install and run linage.

• Angry
Reactions: G A S T

predragiPredrag

Jan 8, 2012

My settings:
magisk 23.0

I also checkte open GAPPS, but here i received an version missmatch GAPPS 10 - found 11

Im my case, the solution was to use the lineage recomended "MindTheGapps" Gapps.
Several users reported that Magisk is having issues with NikGapps, maybe you can try to first install LOS+NikGapps, then reboot to system. After that restart your phone into TWRP and flash Magisk independently.

G A S T

Apr 20, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Samsung Galaxy S6

My settings:
magisk 23.0

What? Which TWRP did you use? 🙄
There ist no such Version for dipper!
Take the latest one here an nothing else!
And ofc I'd recommend you the latest OGApps nano or stock test build I linked earlier in this thread, when you want to use magisk...

_andreas_

Jul 29, 2008
What? Which TWRP did you use? 🙄
There ist no such Version for dipper!
Take the latest one here an nothing else!
And ofc I'd recommend you the latest OGApps nano or stock test build I linked earlier in this thread, when you want to use magisk...
Sorry, i had an typo, it was 3.5.2_10-0, unofficial, because of the latest official version doesnot support to format vendor image (read this earlier in this thred, that this also could solve some problems)
The latest OGApps want install, but i dont found yor link.
After a first test, i had 2 problems:
Google Pay isnt working (i dont want to use magisk) and the "Find my phone" Function from my Huawei Watch GT2 Smartwatch / Huawei Health App was not functional.

predragiPredrag

Jan 8, 2012
Sorry, i had an typo, it was 3.5.2_10-0, unofficial, because of the latest official version doesnot support to format vendor image (read this earlier in this thred, that this also could solve some problems)
Google Pay isnt working (i dont want to use magisk) and the "Find my phone" Function from my Huawei Watch GT2 Smartwatch / Huawei Health App was not functional.
LOS is not hiding bootloader status so SafetyNet check will fail and Gpay will not work, as many other banking apps. Only way to make it work is to use Magisk hide or kernel that removes SafetyNet flags.

Reactions: Matt__BB

G A S T

Apr 20, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Samsung Galaxy S6
Im using the latest version of xiaomi.eu, twrp installed. How can i upgrade to lineage os with clean install? Can anyone tell me the steps? Thanks.

There is no Upgrade. You only do a clean install. Therefore follow the official guidelines. Grab the latest TWRP (if you haven't already) and the latest LOS build, lates vendor and OGApps. There is nothing special with regards to the clean installation.

By the way - A few hours ago it was confirmed that there'll be soon™ a pico package for OpenGApps that will support shim app for working Android Auto.

Where is that _10 TWRP from?

Last edited:
Reactions: predragiPredrag

crisagatie

Dec 14, 2009
Bucharest
I experience a problem started with 13.05 version: apps that are supposed to be running are put to sleep, losing connection to devices and delaying notifications. I mean whatsapp or Garmin Connect (that is supposed to send me notifications on my watch). All these apps are „not optimized”, meaning they can run in the background indefinitly and have all the permissions needed. In fact, as far as those app are concerned, nothing has changed, only ROM version. Anyone having problems with delayed notifications or phone losing connection to wearables?

Srattax

Dec 21, 2015
By the way - A few hours ago it was confirmed that there'll be soon™ a pico package for OpenGApps that will support shim app for working Android Auto.

Where is that _10 TWRP from?
hi guys, i'm going to change my very old custom rom (android 9 from 2019...) this months. I want magisk and android auto, do you think it's better to wait this new version of open gaps than try the magisk+NikGapps combo (I read bootloops issue) ?
Have a good day

asdfuc

Sep 8, 2013
No gapps, no problems. I am using this rom as a daily device already for a month and it works superb except its camera... Focuses a few seconds or doesn't at all. Would other camera app change anything? Please advise me. Thanks.

Oberfreak

May 22, 2021
No gapps, no problems. I am using this rom as a daily device already for a month and it works superb except its camera... Focuses a few seconds or doesn't at all. Would other camera app change anything? Please advise me. Thanks.
Hey there,

I use anx camera which is basically the xiaomi camera, and it works great, no issues so far!

asdfuc

Sep 8, 2013
Looks good, but is there any other solution which would not require flashing magisk etc? I am fed up with flashing, bootloops, backups... I mean I can do this, but I already lost too much time to make my Dipper work as a daily device. And my banking app works fine now...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    opengapps arm64 android11 is ready for download
    Is there a reason why we didn't see an update after lineage-18.1-20210624?
    Yes:

But they are running again:
    @infrag
    BSG Cam log
    Maybe you can see the issue with last 18.1 from 24.6.
    Thanks for update. Battery life looks very good... :)

I see difference in color richness between LOS 17 and LOS 18. On LOS 17 colors was vivid but on 18.1 are like washed despite I set colors to 'Boosted" in Screen settings. It's only me? :oops:
    I can actually reproduce this, contrarily to others who stated it was not a ROM-related issue, but some steps are needed to trigger it (and probably it is not HDR-related)

It's certain apps that, when viewing media content (even non-HDR content), cause the display color profile to get messed up. You can reproduce this by viewing any image on Slide for Reddit (open source Reddit client).

It is also a problem which affected LineageOS some years ago, and now it's back. It did not affect LOS17.1.

In the attached screenshot there are the only log lines seemingly related to this issue, which get written as soon as the app displays an image (and cause the color profile to get immediately messed up)
    With the latest build i have massive camera problems. With BSG GCam Mod i can make a piture but HDR never completes. After a while the camera app doesnt open anymore. Also the Build in camera app says "Can't connect to camera" and also the flashlight is not working. I found an older thread that describes the Problem: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/1769

I switched back to 2021-06-17 Build an now the Camera is working fine.
    +1
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Device tree source code: LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_dipper
    Kernel source code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Compatibility:
    Compatible with Xiaomi Mi 8
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware.
    Downloads:
    Official download links: https://download.lineageos.org/dipper

Lineage 18.1 Kernels:
    15/06/2021

Lineage 18.1 Unofficial builds:

Build 15/06/2021

Recommended firmware is latest MIUI stable firmware.

Notice:
    No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 8)
    Format /system, /data and /cache
    Install MIUI firmware
    Install LineageOS zip package
    Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice

Important notes:
    * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI *-based builds.
    Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    so the newest build 04/11/2019 uses Xiaomi Q blobs.
    Therefore it has some bugs:
    I havent got bluetooth audio working yet. Bluetooth calls seem to work fine though.
    Sound: Speaker works if you make a phone call first and switch to speaker during the call. After that everything else starts working.
    Edit: fixed. - GPS all satellites should show up now.
    Android Auto fixes probably havent been added yet to lineage but when anything shows up I'll add it.

The reason this build took so long to be released is that Q radio blobs kept causing a reboot when data was used and switched to low power mode. I believe I have fixed this.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bhurP2zIyZf93jJzSN1IBbiMBhmbSd_h

Edit: Uploaded the correct build now. Also added in gps fix
    Also fyi I'd hoped to have anther build up by now but since lineage has changed to 17.1 branches instead of 17.0 my build system is a bit of a mess. Waiting for all the repos to be updated to 17.1 before releasing anything. Hopefully it wont be too long...
    18/12/2019 finally a working q build with q blobs and working audio.
    havent tested it a lot so any bugs let me know. There will be a v2 of the audio fix/change. This fix was just to make it work. :)
    new build in OP.
    For android auto users unless I say otherwise I have not fixed your problem yet. :|