• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 - Xiaomi Mi 8

Search This thread

crisagatie

Dec 14, 2009
Bucharest
I'm experiencing problems with push notifications.
When i leave the phone in standby for some time it will stop notifying. When i pick it up again, i'm getting push notifications that are several hours old.

And when not in standby push notifications are inconsistent. Especially for all facebook related apps like whatsapp, messenger and Facebook itself. Maybe Zuckerberg related but my old Android 5 Asus tablet is always reliable receiving the same messages instantly.
+1 even though they are on the battery „not optimized” list, these apps keep deep sleeping

Reactions: speedgeil

ALGOPOP

Feb 27, 2010
With the latest build i have massive camera problems. With BSG GCam Mod i can make a piture but HDR never completes. After a while the camera app doesnt open anymore. Also the Build in camera app says "Can't connect to camera" and also the flashlight is not working. I found an older thread that describes the Problem: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/1769

I switched back to 2021-06-17 Build an now the Camera is working fine.
With todays build camera seems to work fine. Thanks to, whoever fixed it!

merta

Aug 22, 2012
Hello, I have a few days that I flashed the latest build and I find it amazing. Though today I wanted to use the GPS it seems that none of the apps seem to find my location. While searching found mixed answers. I tried both Chinese and global firmware but none seemed to fix the issue. Since this is crucial for me can someone help me? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210710-142252_GPS_Test.png
    Screenshot_20210710-142252_GPS_Test.png
    108.1 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: pawo99

ALGOPOP

Feb 27, 2010
Hello, I have a few days that I flashed the latest build and I find it amazing. Though today I wanted to use the GPS it seems that none of the apps seem to find my location. While searching found mixed answers. I tried both Chinese and global firmware but none seemed to fix the issue. Since this is crucial for me can someone help me? Thanks in advance
With latest build and latest global firmware location is working fine for me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210710-185127_GPSTest.png
    Screenshot_20210710-185127_GPSTest.png
    302.4 KB · Views: 67

merta

Aug 22, 2012
Thanks for the feedback. I ve flashed again it seems it works now. Good job for the rom! May I also ask for a gcam that you use or any xml? Thanks again

crisagatie

Dec 14, 2009
Bucharest
latest build seems to have higher battery drain. in my case, 4.7% per hour while streaming AptX from Spotify. Reverted to previous 17.06 build and things are back to the usual 2.7% per hour, same conditions. anything changed in the bluetooth department? I did not thest the build without streaming, as I basicallly stream non stop.

Reactions: najabi

G A S T

Apr 20, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Samsung Galaxy S6
opengapps arm64 android11 is ready for download
But for the time beeing there is only pico and nano available as the two initial and official OGApps packages for A11 due to some problems with the webview component.

The AA stub app is included only in nano atm but will be included in the next official pico build. People who don't want/use AA (or at least waste device spice) will then have to perform an exclude install of AA stub via cfg-file.

nullfeed

Feb 6, 2014
I've been waiting for this official release of opengapps to upgrade to LOS 18 so I'm excited about that. I also see battery drain issues from other people here.

Did most of you dirty flash or do a clean install going from LOS 17 to 18? I'm doing multiple backups either way just to be safe.

G A S T

Apr 20, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Samsung Galaxy S6
I've been waiting for this official release of opengapps to upgrade to LOS 18 so I'm excited about that. I also see battery drain issues from other people here.

Did most of you dirty flash or do a clean install going from LOS 17 to 18? I'm doing multiple backups either way just to be safe.

By the way - the GApps pico build of today has com.google.android.projection.gearhed.stub in it which consumes only 1 MB more disk space. 😉

Most of us took the regular upgrade path from 17.1 to 18.1 which means, that you "dirty flash" the whole thing over LOS 17.1. Backups are never a fault. But you probably won't need them.

G A S T

Apr 20, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Samsung Galaxy S6
Has anybody here tried AA running with his car?

I tried everything, but I don't get it to work... 😢

With Android 10 / LOS 17.1, everything worked fine. Since Android 11 / LOS 18.1 nothing works at all with regards to AA... 😪

Update:
Is really nobody here who uses LOS 18.1 on dipper with his car?

Last edited:

najabi

Jan 14, 2018
Bilbao
Hi, if you format /data with f2fs from TWRP, do you need to edit/patch fstab.qcom to boot Los18.1 after flashing rom, as in MIUI? Default is encrypted filesystem?

rauldzmartin

Sep 5, 2014
OnePlus One
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Has anybody here tried AA running with his car?

I tried everything, but I don't get it to work... 😢

With Android 10 / LOS 17.1, everything worked fine. Since Android 11 / LOS 18.1 nothing works at all with regards to AA... 😪

Update:
Is really nobody here who uses LOS 18.1 on dipper with his car?

Latest LOS build clean flashed along with the new OpenGapps 11.0 nano version (which includes AA stub).
Working flawlessly here :)

merta

Aug 22, 2012
Hello again. Unfortunately I am still experiencing issues with GPS as reported. After testing the issue seems to be isolated to Google maps and whatever has to do with that although here maps don't have any issue Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210723-130736_GPS_Test.png
    Screenshot_20210723-130736_GPS_Test.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20210723-130825_Maps.png
    Screenshot_20210723-130825_Maps.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20210723-130804_HERE_WeGo.png
    Screenshot_20210723-130804_HERE_WeGo.png
    356.8 KB · Views: 27

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After using it for a few days I noticed GPS is not working at all.

It works with all other Roms except this one. There are no error messages, just doesnt works.
    This happens due to denial location permission of com.google.android.gms.
    This can be fixed by grant the location permission using adb shell

Code:
    adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION
    adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION

PS. this sometimes happens on my devices (Tissot, Dipper, Vayu) with LineageOS 18.1 and OpenGapps
    Sorry if offtopic: Can I install OpenGapps over NikGapps? Or do I have to clean install everything?
    These apps are meant to be flashed after a clean install of a rom, as they leave remnants and its easy to have problems.
    After using it for a few days I noticed GPS is not working at all.

It works with all other Roms except this one. There are no error messages, just doesnt works.
    Do you happen to have logs for this?
    Hi, can I upgrade from lineage 16 on android 9 to, 18.1 just by trwp? or first need change to official miui rom?
    Just wipe everything and install from scratch

If it gives u Any problem just install newest firmware
    This happens due to denial location permission of com.google.android.gms.
    This can be fixed by grant the location permission using adb shell

Code:
    adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION
    adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION

PS. this sometimes happens on my devices (Tissot, Dipper, Vayu) with LineageOS 18.1 and OpenGapps
    You sir, you just saved me from an entire wipe. I was going to wipe everything and reinstall LOS because of the GPS issue but It got fixed with those commands.

Thank you very much bro.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Device tree source code: LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_dipper
    Kernel source code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Compatibility:
    Compatible with Xiaomi Mi 8
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware.
    Downloads:
    Official download links: https://download.lineageos.org/dipper

Lineage 18.1 Kernels:
    15/06/2021

Lineage 18.1 Unofficial builds:

Build 15/06/2021

Recommended firmware is latest MIUI stable firmware.

Notice:
    No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 8)
    Format /system, /data and /cache
    Install MIUI firmware
    Install LineageOS zip package
    Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice

Important notes:
    * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI *-based builds.
    Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    so the newest build 04/11/2019 uses Xiaomi Q blobs.
    Therefore it has some bugs:
    I havent got bluetooth audio working yet. Bluetooth calls seem to work fine though.
    Sound: Speaker works if you make a phone call first and switch to speaker during the call. After that everything else starts working.
    Edit: fixed. - GPS all satellites should show up now.
    Android Auto fixes probably havent been added yet to lineage but when anything shows up I'll add it.

The reason this build took so long to be released is that Q radio blobs kept causing a reboot when data was used and switched to low power mode. I believe I have fixed this.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bhurP2zIyZf93jJzSN1IBbiMBhmbSd_h

Edit: Uploaded the correct build now. Also added in gps fix
    Also fyi I'd hoped to have anther build up by now but since lineage has changed to 17.1 branches instead of 17.0 my build system is a bit of a mess. Waiting for all the repos to be updated to 17.1 before releasing anything. Hopefully it wont be too long...
    18/12/2019 finally a working q build with q blobs and working audio.
    havent tested it a lot so any bugs let me know. There will be a v2 of the audio fix/change. This fix was just to make it work. :)
    new build in OP.
    For android auto users unless I say otherwise I have not fixed your problem yet. :|