• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 - Xiaomi Mi 8

Search This thread

G A S T

Apr 20, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Samsung Galaxy S6
Latest LOS build clean flashed along with the new OpenGapps 11.0 nano version (which includes AA stub).
Working flawlessly here :)

Really working flawlessly with the media system of your car?
Then you'd be the first one who got it to work.

Just to be clear: It's not about AA working standalone on the smartphone. Therefore no clean flash is needed. This works for me too and I dirty flashed it. I see no reason atm to perform a clean flash the device just for AA.

SweetLion

Jul 28, 2018
sorry for these stupid questions
I have installed this version of Lineage on my Mi 8
for the moment everything seems to be fine, except for a couple of problems that have appeared to me
Every now and then, my phone reboots by itself. This becomes annoying when it happens during a call or while I'm recording a voice to send.

beyond that, there is an app (the banking one) that doesn't open to me.
what can I do?
Thanks in advance for the help

predragiPredrag

Jan 8, 2012
sorry for these stupid questions
I have installed this version of Lineage on my Mi 8
for the moment everything seems to be fine, except for a couple of problems that have appeared to me
Every now and then, my phone reboots by itself. This becomes annoying when it happens during a call or while I'm recording a voice to send.

beyond that, there is an app (the banking one) that doesn't open to me.
what can I do?
Thanks in advance for the help
Regarding restart during phone call, maybe you can try to update your firmware. Even though it may seem stupid, firmware update can solve bunch of strange issues.
For bank app, it sees that your bootloader is unlocked so try to use magisk hide or some custom Kernel that hides bootloader state.

G A S T

Apr 20, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Samsung Galaxy S6

Just to be clear: It's not about AA working standalone on the smartphone. Therefore no clean flash is needed. This works for me too and I dirty flashed it. I see no reason atm to perform a clean flash the device just for AA.
AA fix for OGApps incoming:

So it should be working fine again until the weekend. 😉

Cooper A

Aug 26, 2015
Last update made a strange change in my phone. Swipe down QS is not easy. I'have to try it for3-4 times. It's very annoying. Please change it back. In the home it works bc I'm using Lawnchair launcher but in apps and setting menu it doesn't.
Everything else works fine even AA*.

* AA: connecteing the phone via usb gives 2-3 error messages but after that the app starts. Needs 30-60s for connection.

Reactions: G A S T

Cooper A

Aug 26, 2015
The build from yesterday was pulled from the servers...

Has anybody had problems with it?
My QS are working, swipe down works.
If you change cutout display the problem will be appear - maybe.
Swiping down the QS works when cutout is showed.
But I'm using it as hidden and I can only swipe down QS in the middle area.
The side are also works wen I put my finger exactly the status bar.
But most often I just swipe from the phone top side area and it doesn't work when your finger only crossing the status bar.

G A S T

Apr 20, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Samsung Galaxy S6
If you change cutout display the problem will be appear - maybe.
Swiping down the QS works when cutout is showed.
But I'm using it as hidden and I can only swipe down QS in the middle area.
The side are also works wen I put my finger exactly the status bar.
But most often I just swipe from the phone top side area and it doesn't work when your finger only crossing the status bar.
like @mal13 stated before, every swipe place on the screen and all swiping directions work. I was not able to reproduce what you described. 🤷‍♂️

rauldzmartin

Sep 5, 2014
OnePlus One
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Yes, perfectly working in my car.

I clean flashed just for deleting Nikgapps and test the new Opengapps. No issues at all. Everything works as intented.

Irish_Dude

Dec 18, 2013
Anybody lose Wifi since the last official build update?

Mobile data works fine and wifi scans for networks and displays them, but iI cant connect to any network and the saved wifi networks option is gone to

kasperstyre

Aug 6, 2021
Anybody lose Wifi since the last official build update?

Mobile data works fine and wifi scans for networks and displays them, but iI cant connect to any network and the saved wifi networks option is gone to
I upgraded from 20210624 to 20210805 and i can still connect to wifi and see the Saved networks option.

If you are using magisk you could try temporarily disabling your modules to see if they might be causing the issue.

Reactions: Irish_Dude

kasperstyre

Aug 6, 2021
I just checked and I have magisk on my phone but no modules installed.

Is there anything else I could try to get wifi working again?
If you have any other modifications that you might have installed from recovery or similar, you could check if they are compatible with the latest update and uninstall them to check.

Last thing i can think of is maybe your MIUI vendor version is outdated. To update it you would need to download the official firmware package and then flash it, followed by the usual process of installing LineageOS and any addons like Magisk and GApps, since the official firmware also overwrites your system partition.

Before you attempt the last one, i would recommend keeping a backup and if possible find the last official firmware you flashed, in case of compatibility issues.

Irish_Dude

Dec 18, 2013
Last edited:

Schwinni

Feb 3, 2011
Sony Xperia Tablet Z
Xiaomi Mi 8
So just flash the firmware via twrp and it should bring wifi back?

Will I lose my data if I do this?

Edit: I just seen there is newer chinese firmware for the Mi 8.

If I fash the chinese firmware, will this add chinese bloatware /language to my phone?
I don't know if flashing the firmware brings back your WiFi, I just wanted to say that it is not necessary to flash a complete MIUI image in order to get the latest firmware.
If you are not using the latest firmware you should give it a go anyway.
Regarding global/chinise firmware, I always use the global firmware and have no experience with the chinese firmware.

predragiPredrag

Jan 8, 2012
So just flash the firmware via twrp and it should bring wifi back?

Will I lose my data if I do this?

Edit: I just seen there is newer chinese firmware for the Mi 8.

If I fash the chinese firmware, will this add chinese bloatware /language to my phone?
You will not lose data when you flash firmware and it will not add any bloatware/language. It is in plain terms drivers and commands that tell ROM how to use hardware of a phone. So it may solve wifi/bluetooth and other issues.
To my knowledge there is no speciffic differences between global and chinese version. You can flash latest firmware that coresponds to your phone version and see.

G A S T

Apr 20, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Samsung Galaxy S6
You will not lose data when you flash firmware and it will not add any bloatware/language. It is in plain terms drivers and commands that tell ROM how to use hardware of a phone. So it may solve wifi/bluetooth and other issues.
To my knowledge there is no speciffic differences between global and chinese version. You can flash latest firmware that coresponds to your phone version and see.
+ @Irish_Dude :
Well, I just would not go so far to say that there is no specific difference, because if there was none, there would not exist 3 different Versions distilled from the MIUI ROM:
- V12.5.1.0.QEACNXM (= chinese)
- V12.0.2.0.QEAMIXM (= global)
- V12.0.1.0.QEARUXM (= russian)

So it's definately clear, that there must be difference in the full ROM. For the firmware component only, we just don't know it.
Therefore I'd always recommend the firmware, that was specified for your specific device using region. There could be minor difference e. g. with regards to the Modem and the basebands, the Wifi-connection or other "smaller" things you might not recognize easy in the daily use. But since nobody did a code review of the firmwares and compared them, nobody really knows if there is a difference or not. The only thing that can be said from the gained experience of the past is, that you probably won't harm the device when using the chinese firmware elswhere on a global market device. But this is also no guarantee that this will still be the case with future FW-Updates. Imho this risk is very low, but to be honest I must says that it's not zero.

Reactions: predragiPredrag

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After using it for a few days I noticed GPS is not working at all.

It works with all other Roms except this one. There are no error messages, just doesnt works.
    This happens due to denial location permission of com.google.android.gms.
    This can be fixed by grant the location permission using adb shell

Code:
    adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION
    adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION

PS. this sometimes happens on my devices (Tissot, Dipper, Vayu) with LineageOS 18.1 and OpenGapps
    I installed Nano.
    I have tried 2 times already with lineage 18.1, lastest nightly and opengapps nano. Are you in last LOS nightly?

I'm trying tp figure out what the heck is happening... I can enable Voice Match but It won't just work when I say it...

I'll try now reflashing LOS and flashing inmediately opengapps without any kind of reboot, so I fresh boot for first time with both packages installed... Hope does the trick...

EDIT: Never mind, started to work as soon as I opened "Google" app again, there was some kind of permission not given until then. It works now.

LOS goes as smooth as the phone can go, so I'll stick to LOS from now since Havox/Zeus/ZenxOS is practically abandoned

Thank you very much buddy
    I recommend you install BSG ports. Right now I have working version 8.1.101_A9_GV1j_ENG, but newer ones should work too.
    Can I disable or reduce the brightness of the white blinking led light of the phone when I'm under 15% battery? It's too bright compared to MIUI.
    I have tried disabling led light notifications, to no avail.

Maybe other people have noticed before, i just can't search within this thread.
    For the rest, very happy with my switch to LoS 18.1, rooted with Magisk, SafetyNet pass and everything fine, except the unnerving flashing power of white led ;-) Thanks infrag for all the continous support and development of this rom on dipper.
    Yes, it is possible. Something like "Settings > Battery > Battery LED". Not exactly sure, because I dont use it in English.
    Can I disable or reduce the brightness of the white blinking led light of the phone when I'm under 15% battery? It's too bright compared to MIUI.
    I have tried disabling led light notifications, to no avail.

Maybe other people have noticed before, i just can't search within this thread.
    For the rest, very happy with my switch to LoS 18.1, rooted with Magisk, SafetyNet pass and everything fine, except the unnerving flashing power of white led ;-) Thanks infrag for all the continous support and development of this rom on dipper.
    Search in settings for Notifications and then notification light.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Device tree source code: LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_dipper
    Kernel source code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Compatibility:
    Compatible with Xiaomi Mi 8
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware.
    Downloads:
    Official download links: https://download.lineageos.org/dipper

Lineage 18.1 Kernels:
    15/06/2021

Lineage 18.1 Unofficial builds:

Build 15/06/2021

Recommended firmware is latest MIUI stable firmware.

Notice:
    No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 8)
    Format /system, /data and /cache
    Install MIUI firmware
    Install LineageOS zip package
    Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice

Important notes:
    * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI *-based builds.
    Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    so the newest build 04/11/2019 uses Xiaomi Q blobs.
    Therefore it has some bugs:
    I havent got bluetooth audio working yet. Bluetooth calls seem to work fine though.
    Sound: Speaker works if you make a phone call first and switch to speaker during the call. After that everything else starts working.
    Edit: fixed. - GPS all satellites should show up now.
    Android Auto fixes probably havent been added yet to lineage but when anything shows up I'll add it.

The reason this build took so long to be released is that Q radio blobs kept causing a reboot when data was used and switched to low power mode. I believe I have fixed this.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bhurP2zIyZf93jJzSN1IBbiMBhmbSd_h

Edit: Uploaded the correct build now. Also added in gps fix
    Also fyi I'd hoped to have anther build up by now but since lineage has changed to 17.1 branches instead of 17.0 my build system is a bit of a mess. Waiting for all the repos to be updated to 17.1 before releasing anything. Hopefully it wont be too long...
    18/12/2019 finally a working q build with q blobs and working audio.
    havent tested it a lot so any bugs let me know. There will be a v2 of the audio fix/change. This fix was just to make it work. :)
    new build in OP.
    For android auto users unless I say otherwise I have not fixed your problem yet. :|