[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 - Xiaomi Mi 8

Search This thread

arifqur

• Nov 12, 2005
    Also fyi I'd hoped to have anther build up by now but since lineage has changed to 17.1 branches instead of 17.0 my build system is a bit of a mess. Waiting for all the repos to be updated to 17.1 before releasing anything. Hopefully it wont be too long...

Looking forward to it

andrea0807

Jul 24, 2014
    Perugia
    With the next update, can you include a button to close all recent applications in the recent applications menu?
    Screenshot_20200112-125507_Trebuchet.jpg

Inviato dal mio MI 8 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: URIST.LG

andrea0807

Jul 24, 2014
    Perugia
    Last edited:

infrag

Sep 3, 2008
    Perth
    Hi, I tried to flash the update but the system does not start, after a long pause on the lineaAge screen the Smartphone restarts in recovery.
    Before the flash I only did Wipe Cache and Devilk, did I have to do Wipe System too?
    Before the flash I was always on lineage17.

View attachment 4926373

could be a gapps problem of some sort.

You can try the following steps (although you will have to reinstall any gapps program after reboot)
    1. wipe system
    2. install lineage
    3. install gapps
    4. reboot

Reactions: andrea0807

abtekk

• Apr 1, 2011
    London
    Hi, I tried to flash the update but the system does not start, after a long pause on the lineaAge screen the Smartphone restarts in recovery.
    Before the flash I only did Wipe Cache and Devilk, did I have to do Wipe System too?
    Before the flash I was always on lineage17.

View attachment 4926373

could be a gapps problem of some sort.

You can try the following steps (although you will have to reinstall any gapps program after reboot)
    1. wipe system
    2. install lineage
    3. install gapps
    4. reboot

I can confirm I had the same issue until I reinstalled Gapps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      nfc fix has been submitted for official builds. Thanks @Wiedmann and @shatteringlass for testing.
      Thank you for helping me with camera app, all you mates posting above!
      Good question. My lineageos is not rooted, so no magisk needed.
      actually lineage official builds dont hide the fact you have an unlocked bootloader. Therefore most people get flagged from their banking apps as having an untrusted device. This includes Gpay. There are ways around it like flashing a custom kernel or using attestation hacks or as others have said using Magisk.

There are also some people who say they dont need anything but not sure how they get away with that but they are the lucky few I believe :)
      Looks good, but is there any other solution which would not require flashing magisk etc? I am fed up with flashing, bootloops, backups... I mean I can do this, but I already lost too much time to make my Dipper work as a daily device. And my banking app works fine now...
      Just use gcam. Its far easier. Ask for someone to post a link.
      FYI:
      New OGApps test builds were uploaded to the servers on thursday:
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm64/test/20210513/
      - Android Auto should be fixed via stub apk
      - WebView / Trichrome should be fixed

There is only a nano and a stock package available atm.
      https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Device tree source code: LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_dipper
      Kernel source code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Compatibility:
      Compatible with Xiaomi Mi 8
      Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware.
      Downloads:
      Official download links: https://download.lineageos.org/dipper

Lineage 18.1 Unofficial builds:

Build 01/04/2021
      Same build as 30/03/2021 but with working offline charging. :)

Build 30/03/2021

Build notes:
      Updated CMI blobs
      Used latest kernel changes by bgncm

Build 27/03/2021
      Build notes:

I cant test volte or vowifi as my carrier is useless. Would appreciate feedback :)

Build 20/01/2021

Recommended firmware is latest MIUI stable firmware.

Notice:
      No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
      Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 8)
      Format /system, /data and /cache
      Install MIUI firmware
      Install LineageOS zip package
      Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice

Important notes:
      * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI *-based builds.
      Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
      so the newest build 04/11/2019 uses Xiaomi Q blobs.
      Therefore it has some bugs:
      I havent got bluetooth audio working yet. Bluetooth calls seem to work fine though.
      Sound: Speaker works if you make a phone call first and switch to speaker during the call. After that everything else starts working.
      Edit: fixed. - GPS all satellites should show up now.
      Android Auto fixes probably havent been added yet to lineage but when anything shows up I'll add it.

The reason this build took so long to be released is that Q radio blobs kept causing a reboot when data was used and switched to low power mode. I believe I have fixed this.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bhurP2zIyZf93jJzSN1IBbiMBhmbSd_h

Edit: Uploaded the correct build now. Also added in gps fix
      Also fyi I'd hoped to have anther build up by now but since lineage has changed to 17.1 branches instead of 17.0 my build system is a bit of a mess. Waiting for all the repos to be updated to 17.1 before releasing anything. Hopefully it wont be too long...
      18/12/2019 finally a working q build with q blobs and working audio.
      havent tested it a lot so any bugs let me know. There will be a v2 of the audio fix/change. This fix was just to make it work. :)
      new build in OP.
      For android auto users unless I say otherwise I have not fixed your problem yet. :|
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone