• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 - Xiaomi Mi 8

Search This thread

tejefa

Dec 24, 2016
I have trouble installing LineageOS rom. I tried multiple builds. I even tried a different rom PixelExperience.

I wiped Dalvik/Cache/System/Data. and installed latest Xiaomi firmware, latest TWRP 3.5.2_9

When I reboot, it doesn't even show boot animation. It shows MI logo, blanked once and reboot to TWRP.

The only rom that work is the xiaomi official rom.

Any clue what step am I missing? Thanks.

Goalach

Nov 11, 2016
I have trouble installing LineageOS rom. I tried multiple builds. I even tried a different rom PixelExperience.

I wiped Dalvik/Cache/System/Data. and installed latest Xiaomi firmware, latest TWRP 3.5.2_9

When I reboot, it doesn't even show boot animation. It shows MI logo, blanked once and reboot to TWRP.

The only rom that work is the xiaomi official rom.

Any clue what step am I missing? Thanks.

"Important notes:
* Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI *-based builds.
Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted."

Formatting data.
Not only wipe.

Reactions: tejefa

tejefa

Dec 24, 2016
Hold on... I think I found the answer, will get back here if doesn't work. Thanks guys.

G A S T

Apr 20, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Samsung Galaxy S6
I read through all this thread, but don't find the answer. Could you tell me or give me the link? Thanks.
You didn't understand my answer. I told you already with my last post that there is nothing to find about your specific phenomenon here. So it's most likely that you have something done to/with your device about what we could only guess. And such guessing is boundless and useless the same time. So if you find out that your personal struggle ist totally uncommon, better check everything by yourself instead of complaining or demanding any help that can't be given. I'm coming from MIUI using infrags ROMs since LOS 16! I never ever experience any hard issues except one that was TWRP related. The ROM is perfectly fine and stable, it works flawlessly without any doubt.

The main cause in most cases is - nobody with problems ever reads the installing instructions from infrag carefully. (As seen in the last few posts before yours). And then those people complain about struggles that all the other here never had. That's ridicoulous!

May 3, 2012
You didn't understand my answer. I told you already with my last post that there is nothing to find about your specific phenomenon here. So it's most likely that you have something done to/with your device about what we could only guess. And such guessing is boundless and useless the same time. So if you find out that your personal struggle ist totally uncommon, better check everything by yourself instead of complaining or demanding any help that can't be given. I'm coming from MIUI using infrags ROMs since LOS 16! I never ever experience any hard issues except one that was TWRP related. The ROM is perfectly fine and stable, it works flawlessly without any doubt.

The main cause in most cases is - nobody with problems ever reads the installing instructions from infrag carefully. (As seen in the last few posts before yours). And then those people complain about struggles that all the other here never had. That's ridicoulous!
Sorry, I'm not complaining or demanding help, I just wonder why this happens. I followed all the instructions in #1, but charging was abnormal. I noticed that sometimes the phone was slow charged, somtimes quick and sometimes not charged. I tried another original Samsung charger, same issue. Actually, I installed Los 16.0, 17.1 and MIUI 12 again today. On MIUI charging never has issues, but Los has. So I have to go back to MIUI:(
Sorry for my bad English

tejefa

Dec 24, 2016
"Important notes:
Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted."

Formatting data.
Not only wipe.

Spot on. I installed successfully after format, so thank you for pointing that out.

During my testing, compared to stock,
1. Miracast doesn't work. No longer connect to TV
2. Flaky bluetooth file transfer to PC, I clocked 2 successful transfer then a string of failed transfers.

Not a deal breaker. Hopefully they will be fixed soon.

G A S T

Apr 20, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Samsung Galaxy S6
Sorry, I'm not complaining or demanding help, I just wonder why this happens. I followed all the instructions in #1, but charging was abnormal. I noticed that sometimes the phone was slow charged, somtimes quick and sometimes not charged. I tried another original Samsung charger, same issue. Actually, I installed Los 16.0, 17.1 and MIUI 12 again today. On MIUI charging never has issues, but Los has. So I have to go back to MIUI:(
Sorry for my bad English
Again:
This ROM has definately no charging issues like you are discribing. I would not wonder when you have the same problem going back to MIUI. Probably your chargers are crap or your electric Socket is defective. But nobody knows and can help you here. I really don't understand why you think that you've got a software issue, that nobody else here has. This is nearly impossible, when you stick to the instructions like everyone else did. 🤷‍♂️

May 3, 2012
Again:
This ROM has definately no charging issues like you are discribing. I would not wonder when you have the same problem going back to MIUI. Probably your chargers are crap or your electric Socket is defective. But nobody knows and can help you here. I really don't understand why you think that you've got a software issue, that nobody else here has. This is nearly impossible, when you stick to the instructions like everyone else did. 🤷‍♂️
On MIUI charging is normal. And I tried three cables, two chargers and three electric sockets before. I often use these things, and they never get problems. These cables can transfer files without any problem. Yes, I did two things different from the instruction. I installed stock MIUI ROM (P for Los 16.0 and Q for 17.1) instead of flashing MIUI firmware and wiped Dalvik Cache besides System, Data and Cache. I formatted Data too. So I am really confused

holydemon

Dec 9, 2020
Auto-rotate and accelerometer work after restarting the phone but when I lock the screen and keep it that way for some time accelerometer stops with auto-rotate any fix? Is there a chance anything dozes off with android's aggressive dozing system?

Lineage 18.1 Kernels:
15/06/2021
Has anyone ever installed @infrag 's kernel over LOS 18.1 official successfully? I've just moved from unofficial to official (to get security patches). I don't want root but do want Gpay and banking so need to hide the open bootloader, hence want to use the unofficial kernel (boot.img) linked in #1. If, however, I flash it to the /boot partition using official TWRP, the device doesn't boot but stalls at the mi logo. Boots ok with official kernel. What am I missing?

Last edited:

itagizade

Aug 3, 2021
Azerbaijan, Baku
Xiaomi Mi 8
I tried to install OpenGAPPS on top of LOS 18.1. But failed, error 70, it says not enough space on system partition. While downloading smaller image (mini iirc), I look at log, and, there was enough space on partition, is it the problem with LOS or OpenGAPPS itself? Btw mini didn't work either

I tried to install OpenGAPPS on top of LOS 18.1. But failed, error 70, it says not enough space on system partition. While downloading smaller image (mini iirc), I look at log, and, there was enough space on partition, is it the problem with LOS or OpenGAPPS itself? Btw mini didn't work either
Assume you had already booted LOS18.1 before you tried to install GApps? You need to install before first boot...

infrag

Sep 3, 2008
Perth
Has anyone ever installed @infrag 's kernel over LOS 18.1 official successfully? I've just moved from unofficial to official (to get security patches). I don't want root but do want Gpay and banking so need to hide the open bootloader, hence want to use the unofficial kernel (boot.img) linked in #1. If, however, I flash it to the /boot partition using official TWRP, the device doesn't boot but stalls at the mi logo. Boots ok with official kernel. What am I missing?
Sorry havent updated kernel in a while.
Can do a new build soon.

Reactions: Moldeb

crisagatie

Dec 14, 2009
Bucharest
Latest build 1202, while being a lot gentle on the battery while streaming, it also stutters a lot, so it is unusable for streaming. Had to revert to 1125. I guess the new build has a more conservative CPU governor that favors battery over performance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @infrag any news on LineageOS 19 builds?
    I have test builds but not 100% stable yet. A few more things need merging before I start uploading builds.
    Hopefully soon :)
    I have test builds but not 100% stable yet. A few more things need merging before I start uploading builds.
    Hopefully soon :)

Amazing work Infrag. Thank you very much.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Device tree source code: LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_dipper
    Kernel source code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Compatibility:
    Compatible with Xiaomi Mi 8
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware.
    Downloads:
    Official download links: https://download.lineageos.org/dipper

Lineage 18.1 Kernels:
    15/06/2021

Lineage 18.1 Unofficial builds:

Build 15/06/2021

Recommended firmware is latest MIUI stable firmware.

Notice:
    No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 8)
    Format /system, /data and /cache
    Install MIUI firmware
    Install LineageOS zip package
    Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice

Important notes:
    Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    so the newest build 04/11/2019 uses Xiaomi Q blobs.
    Therefore it has some bugs:
    I havent got bluetooth audio working yet. Bluetooth calls seem to work fine though.
    Sound: Speaker works if you make a phone call first and switch to speaker during the call. After that everything else starts working.
    Edit: fixed. - GPS all satellites should show up now.
    Android Auto fixes probably havent been added yet to lineage but when anything shows up I'll add it.

The reason this build took so long to be released is that Q radio blobs kept causing a reboot when data was used and switched to low power mode. I believe I have fixed this.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bhurP2zIyZf93jJzSN1IBbiMBhmbSd_h

Edit: Uploaded the correct build now. Also added in gps fix
    Also fyi I'd hoped to have anther build up by now but since lineage has changed to 17.1 branches instead of 17.0 my build system is a bit of a mess. Waiting for all the repos to be updated to 17.1 before releasing anything. Hopefully it wont be too long...
    18/12/2019 finally a working q build with q blobs and working audio.
    havent tested it a lot so any bugs let me know. There will be a v2 of the audio fix/change. This fix was just to make it work. :)
    new build in OP.
    For android auto users unless I say otherwise I have not fixed your problem yet. :|