[Discontinued][ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 - Xiaomi Mi 8

Search This thread

Irish_Dude

Dec 18, 2013
Hi guys,

Gonna try this ROM tonight.

I have 2 quick questions:

1) What version of open Gaps should I use? (I'd like as little google stuff on the phone as possible)
2) Does the ROM support encryption out of the box?

Hope someone can help

Thanks guys

harnkalkn

May 16, 2015
Famagusta
Hi guys,

Gonna try this ROM tonight.

I have 2 quick questions:

1) What version of open Gaps should I use? (I'd like as little google stuff on the phone as possible)
2) Does the ROM support encryption out of the box?

Hope someone can help

Thanks guys

1) You have to use nano or pico. You can try bitgapps too.

2) İf i know right, yes. İ am not sure because i always flashing DFE.

Sent from my Mi 8 using XDA Labs

Reactions: Irish_Dude

pivanet

May 8, 2012
You may have already tried, but you're not mentioning that. Did you hit search button and looked for your issue? Here's one of the several posts:

I don't have a car with Android Auto, but other people seem to confirm this workaround is fixing the flickering. If I understand correctly, this is the same problem you're having, right? If it's gonna fix it, beware that after every reboot you have to enable this option in developers settings.

I got the same issue with Android auto.
Can it be set on firmware by default - to avoid repeating steps after each reboot?
Thx

Schwinni

Feb 3, 2011
Sony Xperia Tablet Z
Xiaomi Mi 8
Rom does not update to May 1, it stays again on March 31. I guess this problem will be fixed in the update currently being prepared. However, there is an important discussion on the agenda about Xiaomi Browser. Could the delay of the update have anything to do with it?

The last build date is wrong because the last build (2020-04-30) took so long that the zip file was named 2020-05-01.

Reactions: AbdullahManaz

GR0S

Jun 10, 2012
Do thirdparty roms support aac for bluetooth audio? I believe MIUI does, so this rom should have it enabled too.

haselnuss

Nov 3, 2017
Valve SteamDeck
Heavy problems with LOS 17.1

Hi folks,
at the moment I'm having heavy problems installing new LOS updates.
I was on TWRP 3.3.1.1. and some LOS 17.1 Rom from March. I wanted to update to the latest, but TWRP did not decrypt my phone. Folders and files had cryptic names.
So I tried to flash a new TWRP 3.3.1.2 - result: My touch screen does not work since then. Neither in TWRP or in Orange FOX Recovery.
So I went to sideload with ADB and the Lineage Recovery, which can be controlled with the keys of my MI 8.
I could flash the LOS 17.1 from May 1st with OpenGAPPS and it booted - but still no touch response, even in LOS!!!
So I formated with fastboot: cache, userdata and system.
I searched latest MI 8 firmware (I have a China device and flashed latest stable China FW).
I flashed with ADB sideload again: Firmware, LOS 17.1 and OpenGAPPS and now it boots. It asks for SIM PIN, but I can't enter it - NO TOUCH RESPONSE.

Is my device somehow bricked? What can I do to get touch response again?

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
Hi folks,
at the moment I'm having heavy problems installing new LOS updates.
I was on TWRP 3.3.1.1. and some LOS 17.1 Rom from March. I wanted to update to the latest, but TWRP did not decrypt my phone. Folders and files had cryptic names.
So I tried to flash a new TWRP 3.3.1.2 - result: My touch screen does not work since then. Neither in TWRP or in Orange FOX Recovery.
So I went to sideload with ADB and the Lineage Recovery, which can be controlled with the keys of my MI 8.
I could flash the LOS 17.1 from May 1st with OpenGAPPS and it booted - but still no touch response, even in LOS!!!
So I formated with fastboot: cache, userdata and system.
I searched latest MI 8 firmware (I have a China device and flashed latest stable China FW).
I flashed with ADB sideload again: Firmware, LOS 17.1 and OpenGAPPS and now it boots. It asks for SIM PIN, but I can't enter it - NO TOUCH RESPONSE.

Is my device somehow bricked? What can I do to get touch response again?

I distinctly remember that a rom dev got the same problem and he told that he had resolved the issue by flashing the last stable Oreo MIUI rom. Give that a go. Also it will not brick your device because of arb

Reactions: haselnuss

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Device tree source code: LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_dipper
    Kernel source code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Compatibility:
    Compatible with Xiaomi Mi 8
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware.
    Downloads:
    Official download links: https://download.lineageos.org/dipper

Lineage 18.1 Kernels:
    15/06/2021

Lineage 18.1 Unofficial builds:

Build 15/06/2021

Recommended firmware is latest MIUI stable firmware.

Notice:
    No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 8)
    Format /system, /data and /cache
    Install MIUI firmware
    Install LineageOS zip package
    Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice

Important notes:
    * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI *-based builds.
    Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    so the newest build 04/11/2019 uses Xiaomi Q blobs.
    Therefore it has some bugs:
    I havent got bluetooth audio working yet. Bluetooth calls seem to work fine though.
    Sound: Speaker works if you make a phone call first and switch to speaker during the call. After that everything else starts working.
    Edit: fixed. - GPS all satellites should show up now.
    Android Auto fixes probably havent been added yet to lineage but when anything shows up I'll add it.

The reason this build took so long to be released is that Q radio blobs kept causing a reboot when data was used and switched to low power mode. I believe I have fixed this.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bhurP2zIyZf93jJzSN1IBbiMBhmbSd_h

Edit: Uploaded the correct build now. Also added in gps fix
    Also fyi I'd hoped to have anther build up by now but since lineage has changed to 17.1 branches instead of 17.0 my build system is a bit of a mess. Waiting for all the repos to be updated to 17.1 before releasing anything. Hopefully it wont be too long...
    18/12/2019 finally a working q build with q blobs and working audio.
    havent tested it a lot so any bugs let me know. There will be a v2 of the audio fix/change. This fix was just to make it work. :)
    new build in OP.
    For android auto users unless I say otherwise I have not fixed your problem yet. :|