[Discontinued][ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 - Xiaomi Mi 8

Search This thread

Goalach

Nov 11, 2016
WTF....!!
Wipe cache and system
Flash ROM 29.5 and no more data.
Both SIM. @infrag

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Yes 100 Points
Restore full backup from 29.5 and still no data.
Tried SIM cards in another phone.
And...?
Both SIM cards dead.
WTF
How could it be ????

Barnir

Jan 13, 2016
Braga
Cant flash right from OTA Updater.. just a error without any code.. do we must have lineage recovery for this? orangefox does not work?

Goalach

Nov 11, 2016
Can anyone can tell me what happens?
I clean flashed version 29.5
Actually new is 6.2
Updates says 18.5
And no updates available.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200602-130106_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20200602-130106_Chrome.png
    198.1 KB · Views: 214
  • Screenshot_20200602-130208_Updater.png
    Screenshot_20200602-130208_Updater.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 215

Goalach

Nov 11, 2016
Try to update manually

Thank you for this extremely qualified answer.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

I have already flashed manually and the problem still appears.

It is not a problem. Is that while the rom was compiling, there was the change of day.

It happens sometimes. It's always someone's turn. This time it's Dipper's turn.

And you have no problems with the SIM cards.?
Do you have two or one SIM?

Goalach

Nov 11, 2016
@infrag
I'm back from my carrier services.
Both SIM are defect.
Telephone is ok, but no data.
Next days I will get my new cards.
**** !!!

G A S T

Apr 20, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Samsung Galaxy S6
@infrag
That's very disappointing. You are the maintainer of this ROM and could have reacted at least once.

I don't think that this is infrags fault, so stop immediately to blame him! Du hast wahrscheinlich selbst irgendwas verkackt bei deiner Installation...

Pls describe how you managed your Installation and plus the update and write me a PM if about it, if you want. Perhaps I can help yo to do it right.

infrag

Sep 3, 2008
Perth
In light of the last 2 pages of comments I've installed the second latest official build.
I then rebooted and checked for updates. It successfully showed and downloaded and then installed the 06/02 build.
I still have data. My phone still works like before. There is nothing showing in the logs that I can see that would be a concern.

So, If you have problems please provide logs or I more than likely cant help you.

infrag

Sep 3, 2008
Perth
@infrag I've downloaded LOS sources then edited Dialer package to change the CallRecordings source.
I've changed from "CallRecordings" to "Music/CallRecordings" the PUBLIC_DIRECTORY_NAME constant, that specifies the recordings pathname from /sdcard

[/code]

Hello
Thanks for your investigations into this.
Since these are official builds and there are other devs working on the dialer I wont be interfering with this. I can make a suggestion in team chat but thats about as far as I go as I dont have time to look at this particular problem right now.
My suggestion is to just wait till they have finalised their changes for this.
I wont be adding in device side changes that potentially need reverting a week or two later for official builds.

D

Deleted member 267841

Hello
Thanks for your investigations into this.
Since these are official builds and there are other devs working on the dialer I wont be interfering with this. I can make a suggestion in team chat but thats about as far as I go as I dont have time to look at this particular problem right now.
My suggestion is to just wait till they have finalised their changes for this.
I wont be adding in device side changes that potentially need reverting a week or two later for official builds.

Thanks for your time. I appreciate too much.
I can wait until Dialer issue was solved by experts.
I just attach the Dialer.apk (in a zip file) from Apr 23 ROM, that is working well. Maybe can be useful to another user.
To install it, in recovery, replace the one at the attached zip by the one at /system/system/product/priv-app/Dialer then reboot

Code:
$> adb shell mount /system
$> adb push Dialer.apk /system/system/product/priv-app/Dialer/Dialer.apk
$> adb shell chmod 0644 /system/system/product/priv-app/Dialer/Dialer.apk

Attachments

• Dialer.apk.zip
    6 MB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Adai0 and infrag

Goalach

Nov 11, 2016
I didn't want to attack anyone. I was just pretty annoyed at the moment. I've been installing ROM for over 10 years. This has never happened to me before. I downloaded and installed the ROM as normal. Of course, I don't have a log because I restored a Friday backup. Of course, something can happen during installation. I may have been sitting in a neutrino field. Or solar winds have disturbed the magnetic field. For me it was a faulty ROM at first. But it doesn't matter, both SIM cards will be replaced.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Device tree source code: LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_dipper
    Kernel source code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Compatibility:
    Compatible with Xiaomi Mi 8
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware.
    Downloads:
    Official download links: https://download.lineageos.org/dipper

Lineage 18.1 Kernels:
    15/06/2021

Lineage 18.1 Unofficial builds:

Build 15/06/2021

Recommended firmware is latest MIUI stable firmware.

Notice:
    No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 8)
    Format /system, /data and /cache
    Install MIUI firmware
    Install LineageOS zip package
    Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice

Important notes:
    * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI *-based builds.
    Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    so the newest build 04/11/2019 uses Xiaomi Q blobs.
    Therefore it has some bugs:
    I havent got bluetooth audio working yet. Bluetooth calls seem to work fine though.
    Sound: Speaker works if you make a phone call first and switch to speaker during the call. After that everything else starts working.
    Edit: fixed. - GPS all satellites should show up now.
    Android Auto fixes probably havent been added yet to lineage but when anything shows up I'll add it.

The reason this build took so long to be released is that Q radio blobs kept causing a reboot when data was used and switched to low power mode. I believe I have fixed this.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bhurP2zIyZf93jJzSN1IBbiMBhmbSd_h

Edit: Uploaded the correct build now. Also added in gps fix
    Also fyi I'd hoped to have anther build up by now but since lineage has changed to 17.1 branches instead of 17.0 my build system is a bit of a mess. Waiting for all the repos to be updated to 17.1 before releasing anything. Hopefully it wont be too long...
    18/12/2019 finally a working q build with q blobs and working audio.
    havent tested it a lot so any bugs let me know. There will be a v2 of the audio fix/change. This fix was just to make it work. :)
    new build in OP.
    For android auto users unless I say otherwise I have not fixed your problem yet. :|