[Discontinued][ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 - Xiaomi Mi 8

Search This thread
May 4, 2019
I have installed the MicroG-Version 18.1 from this site: https://download.lineage.microg.org/dipper/
... over the MicroG-Version 17.1 and can report the same.
The battery lifetime dropped significantly.
It is less then half of the lifetime as it was before.
Threfore I have returned back to 17.1.
Although everything else in 18.1 worked like a charm.
I hope that this problem will get resolved soon.
Switching from 17 to 18 was a bit bumpy. At first, dirty upgrading went smooth, but somewhere between updating magisk and microg I got stuck in a boot freeze. Tried to go back to 17, but learned the hard way that encryption doesn't seem to allow to go back without full wipe including local storage.
Finally did a clean install, now its working fine, in the end even with magisk and microg.
Hi, I am using lineageOS with microG as well!
Do you happen to have notifications delays? I am often notified from 10 minutes to half an hour later after a whatsapp message was sent, I miss calls from whatsapp, etc.
I think the implementation of microG is buggy.

urigg

Sep 29, 2017
Do you happen to have notifications delays? I am often notified from 10 minutes to half an hour later after a whatsapp message was sent, I miss calls from whatsapp, etc.

Haven't noticed any, but I'm not so dependent on the push messages. I'm using the patch instructions from here and up to date microg from their f-droid repo.

Reactions: andrei-namarac

minax007

Jan 1, 2021
On my phone it doesn't show any delays.

But thanks for your posting ... I just saw that there is a new version of LineageOS with MicroG out:
https://download.lineage.microg.org/dipper/

Last week I had flashed LOS 18.1 along with Magisk over the LOS with MicroG and it works like a charm.
The battery drain problem has gone.

I am downloading the the MicroG version from the link above and will test it.

Reactions: andrei-namarac

G A S T

Apr 20, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Samsung Galaxy S6
Does Wifi over the 5 GHz Band work on your devices? I still have trouble with it. It just won't connect to the internet. Every other 5 GHz capable device in my network connects flawlessly with the internet. I tried a lot but I just don't get it to work.

JimKirisame

May 8, 2021
Hi! Has anyone use the NFC?

The MIFARE Classic tool (MCT) is not working on my device, says "This device does not support MIFARE classic".

I'm using the latest firmware and latest official lineageos 18.1, and the MCT version is 4.0.2.

This app is working on lineageos 17.1, and show that message after I upgrade my device to lineageos 18.1.

Wiedmann

Mar 6, 2014
Am I the only one facing this issue with Gpay? :(

I have the same issue. GPay NFC paying was working until "lineage-17.1-20210325-nightly-dipper-signed.zip".
Then I have done my first upgrade to "lineage-18.1-20210415-nightly-dipper-signed.zip":
- reboot to recovery
- delete
Dalvik Cache​
Cache​
System​
- install
Lineage OS 18.1​
GApps​
Magisk​
- reboot device
(Right now I'm on "lineage-18.1-20210506-nightly-dipper-signed.zip)

"Everything" is working. I also can start the GPay App and can see my cards. For a test it was also possible to add a new payment method (PayPal).

But payment at a POS terminal isn't possible. The terminal does detect the phone. But then I can see an error like "no data" at the POS terminal screen.

Well. I can also see a lot of posts in this thread from people which are saying GPay NFC paying is working with 18.1. So there is a question:
- this people have done a fresh/clean installation with 18.1
- or they have done an upgrade from 17.1 to 18.1?

BTW:
I also can't add a new certificate from SD-Card. The app "com.android.certinstaller" keeps stopping after serveral attempts.

Reactions: shatteringlass

ALGOPOP

Feb 27, 2010
Does Wifi over the 5 GHz Band work on your devices? I still have trouble with it. It just won't connect to the internet. Every other 5 GHz capable device in my network connects flawlessly with the internet. I tried a lot but I just don't get it to work.
When i have 2,4&5 Ghz turned on, my phone connects only to 2,4 Ghz. When i disable 2,4 Ghz on my router, it connects to 5 Ghz without a problem.

ALGOPOP

Feb 27, 2010

The MIFARE Classic tool (MCT) is not working on my device, says "This device does not support MIFARE classic".

I'm using the latest firmware and latest official lineageos 18.1, and the MCT version is 4.0.2.

This app is working on lineageos 17.1, and show that message after I upgrade my device to lineageos 18.1.
The payment from my bank doesnt work either since upgrade to LOS 18.1(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.fiduciagad.android.vrwallet)
I wrote to their support, and they told me to "switch the SIM-Wallet to HCE Wallet" but i couldnt find that option anywhere

Reactions: shatteringlass

ALGOPOP

Feb 27, 2010
NFC itself is working for me. At least with the german identity card app (com.governikus.ausweisapp2) which is also using NFC.
NFC is working(reading and writing tags) but paying is not working. The Terminal say somthing like "Card not supported.
The payment from my bank doesnt work either since upgrade to LOS 18.1(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.fiduciagad.android.vrwallet)
I wrote to their support, and they told me to "switch the SIM-Wallet to HCE Wallet" but i couldnt find that option anywhere

petrena

Nov 27, 2013
With my Router, Fritz 7590, I also have this Problem. Sometimes it connects and works for a short time, then it disconnevts. With other routers it works with 5 GHz...!?

Reactions: G A S T

bethgw

Jun 12, 2019

Seems that A11 still have a lot of things to be fixed. Anyway IMHO, If u or we really need some feature that supposed to be must have one, better stick to A10. Thats in my shoe tho.

G A S T

Apr 20, 2018
Xiaomi Mi 4
Samsung Galaxy S6
With my Router, Fritz 7590, I also have this Problem. Sometimes it connects and works for a short time, then it disconnevts. With other routers it works with 5 GHz...!?
Well, interesting phenomenon! My router is a F!B 6591. And every time I leave I certain range it disconnects or just says "no Internet" while still beeing connected to the 5 GHz-Band. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

infrag

Sep 3, 2008
Perth
I have a test nfc config file for someone to try if they know how which may fix some of these problems. I can upload an unofficial build with it in there if thats a preferred option?

oo8tcu

Feb 24, 2018
I have a test nfc config file for someone to try if they know how which may fix some of these problems. I can upload an unofficial build with it in there if thats a preferred option?
I think I should be able to test this. NFC working ok but GPay fails with read error at the terminal. Running 2021-04-29's official build with mindthegapps and magisk. Prefer updating config file over unofficial build.

shatteringlass

Feb 6, 2012
Rome
I am running last nightly and I'm up for trying a different config to test GPAY, which is currently not working when trying to pay in stores.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Device tree source code: LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_dipper
    Kernel source code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Compatibility:
    Compatible with Xiaomi Mi 8
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware.
    Downloads:
    Official download links: https://download.lineageos.org/dipper

Lineage 18.1 Kernels:
    15/06/2021

Lineage 18.1 Unofficial builds:

Build 15/06/2021

Recommended firmware is latest MIUI stable firmware.

Notice:
    No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 8)
    Format /system, /data and /cache
    Install MIUI firmware
    Install LineageOS zip package
    Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice

Important notes:
    * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI *-based builds.
    Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    so the newest build 04/11/2019 uses Xiaomi Q blobs.
    Therefore it has some bugs:
    I havent got bluetooth audio working yet. Bluetooth calls seem to work fine though.
    Sound: Speaker works if you make a phone call first and switch to speaker during the call. After that everything else starts working.
    Edit: fixed. - GPS all satellites should show up now.
    Android Auto fixes probably havent been added yet to lineage but when anything shows up I'll add it.

The reason this build took so long to be released is that Q radio blobs kept causing a reboot when data was used and switched to low power mode. I believe I have fixed this.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bhurP2zIyZf93jJzSN1IBbiMBhmbSd_h

Edit: Uploaded the correct build now. Also added in gps fix
    Also fyi I'd hoped to have anther build up by now but since lineage has changed to 17.1 branches instead of 17.0 my build system is a bit of a mess. Waiting for all the repos to be updated to 17.1 before releasing anything. Hopefully it wont be too long...
    18/12/2019 finally a working q build with q blobs and working audio.
    havent tested it a lot so any bugs let me know. There will be a v2 of the audio fix/change. This fix was just to make it work. :)
    new build in OP.
    For android auto users unless I say otherwise I have not fixed your problem yet. :|