tsndwdG.png

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

What's working:

• WiFi
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Bluetooth
  • Fingerprint
  • Audio
  • Video
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • Flash
  • IR
  • FM Radio
  • Sensors
  • LED
  • GPS
  • VoLTE
  • VoWiFi
  • Encryption (FBE)
  • Wifi Display

Known issues:
  • You tell me

Downloads:

Instructions:

Upgrade from lineage 18.1: official guide

Fresh Install:

• Reboot to recovery
  • Format /system, /vendor, /data and /cache
  • Install LineageOS zip package
  • Install GApps of your choice [optional]
  • Reboot

Important note:
  • Format data is necessary if MIUI was previously installed or the device was encrypted with other encryption methods like FDE.
  • No Custom Kernels are supported in this thread.

Device wiki:

Device sources:

Eskander

Jan 12, 2015
Xiaomi Redmi 7
Nice work, thanks!

Some screenshots:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220703-172558_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20220703-172558_Trebuchet.png
    363 KB · Views: 312
  • Screenshot_20220703-172607_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20220703-172607_Trebuchet.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 305
  • Screenshot_20220703-172842_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220703-172842_Settings.png
    89 KB · Views: 300
  • Screenshot_20220703-172643_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220703-172643_Settings.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Reactions: Dhina17

NMrocks

What GApps package should i flash? OpenGapps 12L test or mindthegapps from Lineage Wiki? I'm currently using OpenGapps nano on LOS 18.1 and am not sure if I should flash mindthegapps over my existing OpenGapps installation

NMrocks

MindTheGapps is the one officially recommended for 19.1 on the LineageOS website
I know, what I'm asking is that I've been using this rom since LineageOS 17.1 with OpenGapps nano. I dirty flashed 18.1 with OpenGapps nano test and it would of course work since it was the one already installed, but now I'm not sure if I should dirty flash Mindthegapps over OpenGapps. This phone is my daily driver and i don't want to mess it up lol

erick06

Jul 3, 2022
Xiaomi Redmi 7
When will there be performance profiles in Lineage os 19?
When I put the games on maximum they work well, in this new version it is not and it is not so good for me

Screenshot_20220703-030840_LineageOS_Settings.png

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
Yogyakarta & Purbalingga
I know, what I'm asking is that I've been using this rom since LineageOS 17.1 with OpenGapps nano. I dirty flashed 18.1 with OpenGapps nano test and it would of course work since it was the one already installed, but now I'm not sure if I should dirty flash Mindthegapps over OpenGapps. This phone is my daily driver and i don't want to mess it up lol
Dirty flash MindTheGapps over OpenGapps nano when upgrading major version of LineageOS should work, or you can wipe system to make sure the no addon.d script will be executed when upgrading.

If you really want to use OpenGapps nano, find the build that's confirmed to work on A12L, because OpenGapps often release broken builds.

For official LineageOS, if you're using add-ons or modifications that aren't supported or recommended, you're on your own.

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
Yogyakarta & Purbalingga

NMrocks

Dirty flash MindTheGapps over OpenGapps nano when upgrading major version of LineageOS should work, or you can wipe system to make sure the no addon.d script will be executed when upgrading.
Hey, I was able to install 19.1 without any data loss by dirty flashing mindthegapps :)
Love your dedication Dhina17, thank you for this amazing piece of work!
When will there be performance profiles in Lineage os 19?
I remember seeing this question on reddit and the lineage dev team guys said it will not be in LOS anymore (because of stability issues i think)

• Love

Darth Bidder

May 11, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi 7
I can't seem to add my wifi during setup wizard.
It just gets stucked at "Authenticating".

I did a clean install and installed 0605 build of MTG.

EDIT: Nvm. Just forgot the last character.

EDIT 2: 1. It doesn't let me change my connection to "Static" instead of te default DHCP during the setup wizard.

2. I'm not sure if it's MTG (0605 build) that's causing the issue but when I was logging in to my Google account, I chose the text message for 2FA but it didn't automatically put in the code during setup wizard. I saw all the text messages on the Messages app though.

Last edited:
  • Wow

erick06

Jul 3, 2022
Xiaomi Redmi 7
What do you mean?
It sounds contradictory, you said "they work", but also "it is not".

Is that a screenshot from LineageOS 19 or 18.1?
use a translator, sorry

lineage os 19 does not have those performance profiles, they have worked very well for me in lineage os 18

19 does not have them, for games it does not go so well without that profile

I thought that maybe they already removed it in android 12 or can it be added?

translator again, sorry

erick06

Jul 3, 2022
Xiaomi Redmi 7
Hey, I was able to install 19.1 without any data loss by dirty flashing mindthegapps :)
Love your dedication Dhina17, thank you for this amazing piece of work!

I remember seeing this question on reddit and the lineage dev team guys said it will not be in LOS anymore (because of stability issues i think)
the rom is fine for daily use, I like that simple style, but I also use it for games, and it goes much better when activating that option, hopefully if they can add it again, I like the 19 but for the use that it I give I'm going to stay with 18

use translator, sorry

Aurora333

Dec 31, 2021
Last night I upgraded three Redmi 7s from LOS 18 to LOS 19 and they seem to be working fine. Still yet to check the call volume, though.

Looks great. Thanks for your work.

Darth Bidder

May 11, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi 7
Besides the small issues I've faced during Setup Wizard.
The ROM is running fine.
It seems to be slightly more faster/responsive than the LOS 18.1, from installing my apps to loading apps but I'm not sure if that's just because I did a fresh install..

NMrocks

I've noticed the ripple animation in the system and in apps is a little glitched out. In the settings app the ripple animation is grainy (tiny white dots inside the ripple)
In other apps where this animation is supposed to have rounded corners (like Google Messages), the corners are not properly rounded (see attached videos)
Edit: the videos don't seem to attach, I'll send links maybe
Edit 2: Links:
In settings app
In Google Messages

Edit 3: oh it seems "it is a feature"
Edit 4: after a few hours of usage I've now gotten used to the glitter animation and it's unnoticeable now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great ROM. My storage content looks encrypted, how can I remove that? I can not flash Gapps and Magisk because my storage has a lot of folders with names as random characters. Such as:

YDXa7YJDUhh0zKIUXhzOCB
    TxMLGPKjxPBtJWYx53rkjA
    It's normal and preferable to have internal storage encrypted for security purpose.

Official LineageOS enforce encryption for most modern devices.

The issue is the recovery you're using can't decrypt A12 encryption.

Until there's a recovery that supports A12 decryption for Redmi 7, you can install flashable zips from external storage or USB OTG.
    tsndwdG.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

What's working:

• WiFi
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Bluetooth
    • Fingerprint
    • Audio
    • Video
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Flash
    • IR
    • FM Radio
    • Sensors
    • LED
    • GPS
    • VoLTE
    • VoWiFi
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • Wifi Display

Known issues:
    • You tell me

Downloads:

Instructions:

Upgrade from lineage 18.1: official guide

Fresh Install:

• Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /vendor, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install GApps of your choice [optional]
    • Reboot

Important note:
    • Format data is necessary if MIUI was previously installed or the device was encrypted with other encryption methods like FDE.
    • No Custom Kernels are supported in this thread.

Device wiki:

Device sources:
    Nice work, thanks!

Some screenshots:
    Thanks for doing this! Hoping that the call volume will magically increase... :)
    Dhina17, thank you so much for everything! I'm sure LineageOS 19.1 will be as good as LineageOS 18.1 was for Redmi 7!
    I haven't done anything about it. But sure I will fix it as soon as possible if it still persists.
    I'm not sure it's an issue with the build as it is with the hardware.

Anyway, I'm currently downloading LOS 19 and wanted to thank you very much for doing this. :)