May 11, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi 7

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-06 021725.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-06 021725.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 38

unfree000

Mar 4, 2021
Great ROM. My storage content looks encrypted, how can I remove that? I can not flash Gapps and Magisk because my storage has a lot of folders with names as random characters. Such as:

YDXa7YJDUhh0zKIUXhzOCB
TxMLGPKjxPBtJWYx53rkjA

Last edited:

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
Yogyakarta & Purbalingga
Great ROM. My storage content looks encrypted, how can I remove that? I can not flash Gapps and Magisk because my storage has a lot of folders with names as random characters. Such as:

YDXa7YJDUhh0zKIUXhzOCB
TxMLGPKjxPBtJWYx53rkjA
It's normal and preferable to have internal storage encrypted for security purpose.

Official LineageOS enforce encryption for most modern devices.

The issue is the recovery you're using can't decrypt A12 encryption.

Until there's a recovery that supports A12 decryption for Redmi 7, you can install flashable zips from external storage or USB OTG.

Reactions: aravindCV

NMrocks

Until there's a recovery that supports A12 decryption for Redmi 7, you can install flashable zips from external storage or USB OTG.
Just curious, what recovery are you using on this device? There doesn't seem to be any twrp or equivalent "power user" kind of recovery available for A12 yet and I don't want to use Lineage recovery because it would be a downgrade

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
Yogyakarta & Purbalingga
Just curious, what recovery are you using on this device? There doesn't seem to be any twrp or equivalent "power user" kind of recovery available for A12 yet and I don't want to use Lineage recovery because it would be a downgrade
I'm still on 18.1, haven't upgraded to 19.1, one of the reasons is there's currently no twrp build for our device that supports A12 decryption, 3.6.2 should've been able to decrypt if no password/pin/pattern, but currently 3.6.2 for our device is broken, can't boot, only blackscreen, not even detected by PC, can't take log.

• Sad
Reactions: NMrocks

aisptn

Jul 20, 2022
If you're upgrading from official 18.1, you can only do the upgrade manually from recovery (installing LineageOS and then the add-ons/mods), but no need to wipe data.
No I mean updating lineageos 19.1 from version july 10 to version july 17 using ota update. I'm afraid my phone could bricked because there's some "encryption" problem in android 12

lipcho

Jun 9, 2021
While formatting the SD card for use as system storage, the phone starts rebooting constantly. After removing the card the phone started normally. The card is formatted in such a way that it becomes unusable.

r6680jc

Sep 6, 2009
Yogyakarta & Purbalingga
While formatting the SD card for use as system storage, the phone starts rebooting constantly. After removing the card the phone started normally. The card is formatted in such a way that it becomes unusable.
Don't use SD card as internal storage (adoptable storage), it's an unreliable feature (half assed AOSP feature, not the fault of LineageOS or the device maintainer), SD cards are slower than eMMC and will fail faster.

It's one feature that I hope LineageOS want to get rid of in the near future.

lipcho

Jun 9, 2021
Don't use SD card as internal storage (adoptable storage), it's an unreliable feature (half assed AOSP feature, not the fault of LineageOS or the device maintainer), SD cards are slower than eMMC and will fail faster.

It's one feature that I hope LineageOS want to get rid of in the near future.
Ok, I agree, I have one more question. How to save a video or photo to the SD card when shooting?

Dhaaanvux

May 16, 2015
Just wanted to say thank you for this amazing ROM! I've been using your LineageOS since the official 18.1 came out, and right now I just finished upgrading to 19.1 using the sideload method.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

YDXa7YJDUhh0zKIUXhzOCB
    TxMLGPKjxPBtJWYx53rkjA
    It's normal and preferable to have internal storage encrypted for security purpose.

Official LineageOS enforce encryption for most modern devices.

The issue is the recovery you're using can't decrypt A12 encryption.

tsndwdG.png

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

What's working:

• WiFi
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Bluetooth
    • Fingerprint
    • Audio
    • Video
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Flash
    • IR
    • FM Radio
    • Sensors
    • LED
    • GPS
    • VoLTE
    • VoWiFi
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • Wifi Display

Known issues:
    • You tell me

Downloads:

Instructions:

Upgrade from lineage 18.1: official guide

Fresh Install:

• Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /vendor, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install GApps of your choice [optional]
    • Reboot

Important note:
    • Format data is necessary if MIUI was previously installed or the device was encrypted with other encryption methods like FDE.
    • No Custom Kernels are supported in this thread.

Device wiki:

Device sources:
    Nice work, thanks!

Some screenshots:
    Thanks for doing this! Hoping that the call volume will magically increase... :)
    Dhina17, thank you so much for everything! I'm sure LineageOS 19.1 will be as good as LineageOS 18.1 was for Redmi 7!
    I haven't done anything about it. But sure I will fix it as soon as possible if it still persists.
    I'm not sure it's an issue with the build as it is with the hardware.

Anyway, I'm currently downloading LOS 19 and wanted to thank you very much for doing this. :)