[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S

Search This thread

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
yG18r6g.png

Working:
  • Camera (and flashlight)
  • WiFi
  • NFC
  • Bluetooth
  • Telephony (Calls and Data)
  • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
  • Audio (Record and Playback)
  • Video Playback
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • Encryption (FBE)
  • WiFi Display

Broken:
  • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S variants.​
Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v12.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Device wiki:
Downloads:
Installation:
  • Follow instructions found in the respective wiki page

Last edited:

hanzn

Apr 12, 2020
[...] despite the fact that I no longer have one for testing [...]
Do you need a device/money? Maybe we can all pitch in here.

Last edited:

Dreamkey

Apr 23, 2011
@bgcngm thanks a lot for your hard work! I'm curious, on Lineage Gerrit there are activities on the lineage-20 branch, are you planning to release it in the future?

In any case I'll gladly participate to pay you a device :)

Overmind.Yuan

Jul 20, 2019
MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439 installed without problem, but the Google Play cannot launch in lineageos 19.1, it keeps crash.

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
@bgcngm thanks a lot for your hard work! I'm curious, on Lineage Gerrit there are activities on the lineage-20 branch, are you planning to release it in the future?

I have beryllium already working with Lineage-20 (Android 13), so yes, polaris will be supported too.

bot tactics

Account currently disabled
Jan 3, 2021
it wont boot up for me. when I sideload mindthegapps it says signature verification failed. I tried downloading older version of the gapps and still failed verification

edit: its booted I had to flash fw first. never not had a rom boot up because I didnt flash fw first sorry. google apps do not work

Last edited:

NoGoodUserNamesLeft

Feb 15, 2017
GT-i9250
LG Nexus 5X

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Every install was done with their own recomended recoveries and a factory reset.
    Sometimes it may be also useful to flash the original firmware/vendor before upgrading ROM. Have you tried that?
    Sometimes it may be also useful to flash the original firmware/vendor before upgrading ROM. Have you tried that?
    This might be better to follow: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/polaris/fw_update
    Hello everyone, I'm having a "weird" issue that I'm hoping someone can help me with.
    Essentially I'm stuck on boot on first install. I've had LOS 18.1 in the past and it worked flawlessly but now even that doesn't work.

For device history, I went from stock MiUI12 to LOS 18.1, then Pixel Experience 12 Plus, then I gave Evolution X a spin (everything worked great until here) and finally I have been trying to install LOS 19.1 without success. If I go back to PE12 ore EvoX they boot up fine, but no LOS works.
    Every install was done with their own recomended recoveries and a factory reset.

Thanks!

Edit: I even tried leaving it overnight and woke up to the same MIX - powered by android screen
    PE 12 and EvoX need data to be wiped using their own recoveries before you can move to another ROM if I remember correctly. Go to one of their threads and read the instructions given.

Edit: Here is the line from the PE thread
    * To switch to other ROMs, format data in PE recovery first, and then install another recovery. You may need to re-flash the required firmware, if the ROM you are going to flash does not include one.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • NFC
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v12.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Device wiki:
    Downloads:
    Installation:
    • Follow instructions found in the respective wiki page

I have beryllium already working with Lineage-20 (Android 13), so yes, polaris will be supported too.
    [...] despite the fact that I no longer have one for testing [...]
    Do you need a device/money? Maybe we can all pitch in here.
    The idle battery drain is either amazing in LOS 19.1 or the calculation of the battery percentage is broken since I have cleared all data of the "Device Health Services" app in LOS 18.1 some time ago.

In my latest test the phone has lost 1% during ~10 hours over night - that's just ~0.1% per hour :oops:
    I have updated my idle battery drain comparison in my original post.
    Hello everyone, I'm having a "weird" issue that I'm hoping someone can help me with.
    Essentially I'm stuck on boot on first install. I've had LOS 18.1 in the past and it worked flawlessly but now even that doesn't work.

For device history, I went from stock MiUI12 to LOS 18.1, then Pixel Experience 12 Plus, then I gave Evolution X a spin (everything worked great until here) and finally I have been trying to install LOS 19.1 without success. If I go back to PE12 ore EvoX they boot up fine, but no LOS works.

Thanks!

Edit: I even tried leaving it overnight and woke up to the same MIX - powered by android screen
    PE 12 and EvoX need data to be wiped using their own recoveries before you can move to another ROM if I remember correctly. Go to one of their threads and read the instructions given.

Edit: Here is the line from the PE thread
    * To switch to other ROMs, format data in PE recovery first, and then install another recovery. You may need to re-flash the required firmware, if the ROM you are going to flash does not include one.