[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
yG18r6g.png

Working:
  • Camera (and flashlight)
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • Telephony (Calls and Data)
  • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
  • Audio (Record and Playback)
  • Video Playback
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • Encryption (FBE)
  • WiFi Display

Broken:
  • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v12.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
  • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Format /system, /data and /cache
  • Install LineageOS zip package
  • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
Important notes:
  • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
  • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
  • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

Last edited:

simpz

Dec 30, 2014
Wow. So I just tried from TWRP upgrading my pocof1 to LineageOS 19.1 and 20220521. And despite seeing nothing in the change log, this one prompted at boot for an unlock password and a after the usual long delay at a major OS change it came up!

Just wow.

I can live with manually going into TWRP and updating from /data/lineageos_updates the OTA updates.

Encryption still listed with "getprop ro.crypto.type" as block.

Though it does seem now like TWRP may be unable to decrpt /data. Not sure why, as we are still FDE and it that doesn't seem to have changed....a bit weird.

Munzu

Mar 29, 2019
Are there any downsides to the Lineage recovery as opposed to TWRP? I've only ever used TWRP before but apparently Lineage recovery seems to work more reliably for this build. Is it true that TWRP won't work with encryption and OTA updates need to be flashed manually in TWRP?

With Lineage recovery, can I still backup, restore, root with Magisk, and install Gapps?

Reynald0

Aug 23, 2017
@bgcngm Offline charging is broken, I suspect it's a kernel problem.

I used firmware:
fw_beryllium_miui_POCOF1Global_V12.0.3.0.QEJMIXM_cf3fccffce_10.0

and latest LineageOS build.

I can't grab a log because to trigger it you have to connect it to the power adapter once it's turned down, anyway it stays stuck forever on the POCOPHONE by Xiaomi logo unless I force shut down it.

Reactions: thisisarjun

thisisarjun

Jan 17, 2015
All of the features are working perfectly and its stable.Its a good ROM
There is a bug of offline charging,do fix it if possible
Thank you for the rom
@bgcngm

Reactions: Reynald0

simpz

Dec 30, 2014
Lineage Recovery is more limited. You can still flash Magisk and gapps. But it doesn't seem to be able to mount /data either (well in a user accessible way from what I have seen). So to flash Magisk and Gapps you need to use adb or have them on a (I guess non adopted) sdcard, which is what I have done on a tablet I have. i.e. the sdcard needs to be plain exfat, vfat etc.

The big downside for me is the backup/restore. Lineage are recommending seedvault, but this doesn't appear to be in the same league as a backup/restore from TWRP which will do a full restore of your /data (so everything, a true snapshot of all settings). Seedvault seems to do most app settings but not all and not all OS settings. Not tried restoring from seedvault, so I'm maybe being harsh but doesn't seem to be the nice out of band backup that TWRP did.

But I guess it looks like this will no longer able to mount /data in TWRP after a 19.1 update even though still FDE. So I guess that upside is now gone too....sad. So maybe Seedvault it is!

Reactions: Munzu

Alias X

Jan 25, 2016
afaik neither FBE nor FDE work (well) with current TWRP, so maybe one fix on their side fixes it all ? we'll see :)
Did anyone from the TWRP team ever give any hints when 12 support may be ready? Really want to update to 12.1 in some capacity but LinRec is just so frustratingly limited.

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Are there any downsides to the Lineage recovery as opposed to TWRP? I've only ever used TWRP before but apparently Lineage recovery seems to work more reliably for this build. Is it true that TWRP won't work with encryption and OTA updates need to be flashed manually in TWRP?

With Lineage recovery, can I still backup, restore, root with Magisk, and install Gapps?
Lineage recovery is the only official supported at the moment. Of course it can't decrypt userdata, but that was never intended anyway.
Offline charging is broken, I suspect it's a kernel problem.
I am aware of that and will try to fix it as soon as I have time. Not something with big priority.
afaik neither FBE nor FDE work (well) with current TWRP, so maybe one fix on their side fixes it all ? we'll see :)
I doubt that we will ever see a TWRP recovery that supports FBE decyption on this device.

Demodroid

Aug 1, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F1
Lineage are recommending seedvault, but this doesn't appear to be in the same league as a backup/restore from TWRP which will do a full restore of your /data
Seedvault is a horrible backup solution and there are many reasons why which I won't go into on this thread, but the main cause is because Seedvault uses the ADB backup method which gives apps the rights to whether you are allowed to backup your own data. This is why you see so many "app doesn't support" backup excuses from Seedvault. It is a useless backup implementation, even for non-technical users - saying this from having to use Seedvault to try to restore my own data before the restore just didn't work at all and I was left with restoring my TWRP image to fix it and use a proper backup utility.

NeoBackup (OAndBackupX) has never given me any issues, so if you want to use Android 12, this should help until TWRP is available:

Best part? You can backup all your data for each app, including protected device data, not being forced to only be able to backup certain apps because the app tells Seedvault you aren't allowed to which is a limitation of Seedvault itself and other annoying issues:

Last edited:

x1a2leader

Jul 7, 2017
I've been using sanity's google cam v9.5 since 2019. after update and clean install to the latest 21-05 19.1. it says "app not installed". downgrade to 07-05 and same error happen. but it worked fine before(on 18.1 or 07-05 19.1) 😭

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
I've been using sanity's google cam v9.5 since 2019. after update and clean install to the latest 21-05 19.1. it says "app not installed". downgrade to 07-05 and same error happen. but it worked fine before(on 18.1 or 07-05 19.1) 😭
Did you tried sanitys 9.6 from my collection? It's modded to work with new android versions.

fairyrobot

Jan 8, 2013
I noticed yesterday that gesture typing on the AOSP keyboard does not work for dutch, but _does_ work for english. is this a known bug ? (seen on 21-05 build)

Abdel1993

Sep 20, 2019
I noticed yesterday that gesture typing on the AOSP keyboard does not work for dutch, but _does_ work for english. is this a known bug ? (seen on 21-05 build)
Yeah, me too. I also can't use the AOSP spellchecker in Dutch, because the dictionary for Dutch doesn't exist. Switched to Microsoft SwiftKey in the meantime.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This has remained unchanged for years, but I think you mean version 12.0.3.0. That is the last available version for our device.👍
    That's right. Thanks for the heads-up, already updated the post.
    2okPze5.png

Compatibility:
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

@bgcngm This has remained unchanged for years, but I think you mean version 12.0.3.0. That is the last available version for our device.

As several people have already said, thank you so much for your years of support to the LineageOS community! 😁👍
    Clean cache and dalvik, and reflash gapps after, if not working you can try nickgapps, backup because you playing with fire 😉
    Dirty flash of MindTheGapps worked for me for now, thanks.
    Just wanted to let you know that in my case Google Play services keeps stopping after the latest update (June 4) via the updater app.
    latest update working fine on my poco f1, updated manually. also i don't see green location icon when i unlock my phone, it did happen with early nightly releases
    Just fixed power-off charging mode.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v12.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    This has remained unchanged for years, but I think you mean version 12.0.3.0. That is the last available version for our device.👍
    That's right. Thanks for the heads-up, already updated the post.

Lineage recovery is the only official supported at the moment. Of course it can't decrypt userdata, but that was never intended anyway.
    Offline charging is broken, I suspect it's a kernel problem.
    I am aware of that and will try to fix it as soon as I have time. Not something with big priority.
    I doubt that we will ever see a TWRP recovery that supports FBE decyption on this device.
    2okPze5.png

Compatibility:
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

@bgcngm This has remained unchanged for years, but I think you mean version 12.0.3.0. That is the last available version for our device.

As several people have already said, thank you so much for your years of support to the LineageOS community! 😁👍