[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

TioCareca

I still think something is strange wwith the battery usage.
On medium usage (just some web browsing and texting) I only get around 2 hours of SOT and I have to charge every evening. Before with the same apps and usage on 18.1 I was able to go nearly 2 days without charging.

I checked this with battery-historian and I see a lot of kernel wakelocks, roughly every 40 seconds.
But all of them are marked as "unknown".My gut tells me this has something to do with the phone service requesting location permission in nearly the same intervall when the screen is on.
Does someone know how to the source of these "unknown" events?
(The phone was placed on the table without usage for 1 hour., it never goes to deep doze, even over night.)

I followed the https://github.com/google/battery-historian#Advanced guide. Maybe I will try the kernel traces.
same here, i thing its phone services asking location...

bin/bash

May 2, 2022
I still think something is strange wwith the battery usage.
On medium usage (just some web browsing and texting) I only get around 2 hours of SOT and I have to charge every evening. Before with the same apps and usage on 18.1 I was able to go nearly 2 days without charging.

I checked this with battery-historian and I see a lot of kernel wakelocks, roughly every 40 seconds.
But all of them are marked as "unknown".My gut tells me this has something to do with the phone service requesting location permission in nearly the same intervall when the screen is on.
Does someone know how to the source of these "unknown" events?
(The phone was placed on the table without usage for 1 hour., it never goes to deep doze, even over night.)

I followed the https://github.com/google/battery-historian#Advanced guide. Maybe I will try the kernel traces.
If you look here it is supposed that it is an issue with gapps and shall be fixed in nikgapps (I don't know the current state).
I am using MindTheGapps however and never had the issue with accessing location with every unlock. At least nothing of this sort is displayed when unlocking the phone and battery seems normal (never analyzed it properly)

fightforlife

Oct 25, 2012
Nik shared a new nikgapps Version today which should fix the location issue.
NikGapps-core-arm64-12.1-20220629-signed.zip

I tested it via dirtyflash but it did not change the bevaviour for me. It could need a clean flash, if someone wants to try.

AtomicStryker

Nov 19, 2015
www.atomicstryker.net
Same here, unlocking still triggers Phone Services to access location. It also randomly acccesses Location while the screen is on.

Just out of interest: Dirty flashing from LOS19 back to LOS18 is impossible, right? I would have to wipe anyway.

amn1987

Root can be successfully hidden from apps like Axis Mobile, ICICI Pockets in this ROM? I was successful in this regard in A11 (crDroid) but not since the switch to A12 (Awaken). I am planning to try different ROMs but I would rather not waste limited mobile data if anyone can please confirm or otherwise. Thanks.

first_damned

Feb 24, 2009
Birmingham
Xiaomi Poco F1
Root can be successfully hidden from apps like Axis Mobile, ICICI Pockets in this ROM? I was successful in this regard in A11 (crDroid) but not since the switch to A12 (Awaken). I am planning to try different ROMs but I would rather not waste limited mobile data if anyone can please confirm or otherwise. Thanks.
Yes, enable zygisk in magisk and deny list then add the apps you want to deny or hide from root

Reactions: amn1987

P373

Dec 14, 2020
Also fixed the google play issue caused of OTA Update 20220618

* wiped cache partition in LOS Recovery
* dirty flashed LOS 19.1 20220618
* dirty flashed mindthegapps
* reboot

I had to reinstall GNotes, GMail, Gcam (san1ty), Youtube via Playstore because the apps were crashing with no message.

Now it seems to work fine.

Reactions: duttyend

amn1987

Yes, enable zygisk in magisk and deny list then add the apps you want to deny or hide from root
For a lot of apps the above isn't sufficient and Shamiko is necessary to hide root. And for a few LSPosed + Xprivacy Lua and/or HMA is necessary. Plus freezing the Magisk Manager itself in the case of the two I had mentioned. Reportedly they just don't work in some ROMs.

Reactions: first_damned

AtomicStryker

Nov 19, 2015
www.atomicstryker.net
FlameGapps could not be dirty flashed for me (to be fair, their thread warns about this) and caused a bootloop. Then they softbricked my device because they installed themselves in addons.d and could no longer be removed by flashing.

Had to flash a stock ROM to get rid of them, and since that meant a full wipe anyway i clean flashed LOS19 again afterwards.

So now i have TWRP 3.6.2 A12 as recovery,
LOS 19.1 20220618,
MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439

No google crashes, Phone app is no longer accessing Location. Setting up everything again is kind of a pain but the Google Backup restores most of the apps and settings atleast.

first_damned

Feb 24, 2009
Birmingham
Xiaomi Poco F1
For a lot of apps the above isn't sufficient and Shamiko is necessary to hide root. And for a few LSPosed + Xprivacy Lua and/or HMA is necessary. Plus freezing the Magisk Manager itself in the case of the two I had mentioned. Reportedly they just don't work in some ROMs.
I'd recommend not using magisk or rooting your device if you don't have to. Do you use it on this rom to pass safety net?

Reactions: amn1987

amn1987

I'd recommend not using magisk or rooting your device if you don't have to. Do you use it on this rom to pass safety net?
Root is absolutely necessary in my case to manually lock LTE bands, enable bypass charging, install the bold font of my choice etc. However while I hadn't checked in Awaken in crDroid I found that out of the box without flashing Magisk these pesky apps were working without any issue! SafetyNet was passing by default. Afterwards even after flashing Magisk and following the usual steps these apps still continued to work. Only difference was I had formatted data and the device was encrypted this time as DFE didn't work for some reason.

Top Liked Posts

Hi everyone :) I updated to Oct 1st version successfully. I also updated my recovery to REIGNZ's TWRP v4 (twrp-beryllium-v3.6.2-A12-V4.img). It seems that decryption is working now. When I enter the pattern after booting into TWRP, my files and folders are displayed with their right names (in the internal memory). With the previous TWRP version, all I could see were folders with random strings (because decryption didn't work yet).
    internet does not work .... but thank you for such a rom as there are so many problems
    I can only suggest that you exactly follow the official instructions. Wipe everything beforehand if you don't have any data worth saving. The officially recommended GApps (MindTheGapps) work flawlessly for me, but only since the latest version from June, and only if installed directly after installing the LineageOS zip, as detailed in the official instructions.

But, to be honest, the level of patience that you display indicates to me that you will not enjoy running a custom rom in the long run. So I'd recommend you stick to the official OS.
    Tried latest version... everything seems ok but I experienced some issues with my cellular network..not sure it's related though

I am on Sept 17 build, and while i don't experience issues (on the other hand, i havent used the phone for any cellular calls in weeks), i have noticed the phone seems to send out strong cellular signals much more frequently. I can tell because the interference creates beeping sounds in my sound system.
    Hi everyone :) I updated to Oct 1st version successfully. I also updated my recovery to REIGNZ's TWRP v4 (twrp-beryllium-v3.6.2-A12-V4.img). It seems that decryption is working now. When I enter the pattern after booting into TWRP, my files and folders are displayed with their right names (in the internal memory). With the previous TWRP version, all I could see were folders with random strings (because decryption didn't work yet).
    Unfortunately there is no face unlock that works with my face, they all never enlist my face, i tested in a lot of roms, they don't see my face because of my beard 😅
    One question regarding changes made for split screen. Is it still possible to use split screen by going to recent used apps, tip on the app symbol in the drawer and tip "split top"? Just saw two changes about it in the last two builds.
    Working as you described on my phone (today's build)
    Just fixed power-off charging mode.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v12.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    Are there any downsides to the Lineage recovery as opposed to TWRP? I've only ever used TWRP before but apparently Lineage recovery seems to work more reliably for this build. Is it true that TWRP won't work with encryption and OTA updates need to be flashed manually in TWRP?

With Lineage recovery, can I still backup, restore, root with Magisk, and install Gapps?
    Lineage recovery is the only official supported at the moment. Of course it can't decrypt userdata, but that was never intended anyway.
    Offline charging is broken, I suspect it's a kernel problem.
    I am aware of that and will try to fix it as soon as I have time. Not something with big priority.
    afaik neither FBE nor FDE work (well) with current TWRP, so maybe one fix on their side fixes it all ? we'll see :)
    I doubt that we will ever see a TWRP recovery that supports FBE decyption on this device.
    OK, thanks a million for your quick reply, I’ll launch the update now then… 🤞
    It worked! I’m so so so happy! Thanks a million!!!

For "posterity", here’s what I did in the end:
    1. in the existing system, backup everything that I can several times (online, SD card, etc.)
    2. download latest nightly zip of LineageOS 19.1 (for me it was lineage-19.1-20220709-nightly-beryllium-signed.zip), MindTheGapps (for me it was MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439.zip) and TWRP (for me it was twrp-beryllium-v3.6.2-A12-V3.img) — put everything on the SD card (if there is no SD card, it also works with adb, and maybe also with the internal memory but I'm not sure) [Apparently no need to update firmware which hasn't changed since 18.1] — usually, the latest files can be found here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/poco-f1-ultimate-collection-guides.4192715/
    3. reboot to recovery
    4. backup everything in TWRP except system and vendor
    5. update (flash) TWRP
    6. reboot to recovery — the new TWRP will not be able to decrypt the data, so press cancel when asked for your PIN, you can flash the zip files anyway
    7. if you can, backup again [in my case it didn’t work since it wouldn’t decrypt]
    8. install (dirty flash) LineageOS and MindTheGapps at once and in this order
    9. clear dalvik and cache, just in case
    10. reboot
    11. wait a bit for the system to come up. Check if everything works fine. In my case, there were small bugs that disappeared after a second reboot.
    12. if you want, you can now reboot to recovery, this time TWRP can decrypt your data and you can backup the functioning new system (I wasn’t able to backup SystemExt or Recovery, TWRP didn’t move forward and when I canceled, it showed an error related to CreateTarFork, but when I unchecked SystemExt and Recovery, everything went well)
    Have a nice day, and thanks again to all of you and the great developers!
    2okPze5.png

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

@bgcngm This has remained unchanged for years, but I think you mean version 12.0.3.0. That is the last available version for our device.

As several people have already said, thank you so much for your years of support to the LineageOS community! 😁👍