[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

first_damned

Feb 24, 2009
Birmingham
Xiaomi Poco F1
Root is absolutely necessary in my case to manually lock LTE bands, enable bypass charging, install the bold font of my choice etc. However while I hadn't checked in Awaken in crDroid I found that out of the box without flashing Magisk these pesky apps were working without any issue! SafetyNet was passing by default. Afterwards even after flashing Magisk and following the usual steps these apps still continued to work. Only difference was I had formatted data and the device was encrypted this time as DFE didn't work for some reason.
You probably need to be encrypted and passing safety net. Try Baikal Os, it's Android 11 but may have some of the features you need. It has bypass charging and passes safety net out of the box.

Reactions: amn1987

amn1987

You probably need to be encrypted and passing safety net. Try Baikal Os, it's Android 11 but may have some of the features you need. It has bypass charging and passes safety net out of the box.
Yes I am aware of Baikal but still root is necessary for other stuff in my case. Surprisingly RAM usage especially by System UI seems to be much lower compared to A11 ROMs which is helpful in case of my 6GB variant. For the time being crDroid seems to fulfill all my requirements. Thanks for your inputs.

fightforlife

Oct 25, 2012
I just dirty flashed the following combination and it seems the random location access is gone. Will check the battery usage the next few days.
twrp-beryllium-v3.6.2-A12-V2
lineage-19.1-20220702-nightly-beryllium-signed
NikGapps-core-arm64-12.1-20220629-signed

mwayne

Jun 7, 2013
I just dirty flashed the following combination and it seems the random location access is gone. Will check the battery usage the next few days.
twrp-beryllium-v3.6.2-A12-V2
lineage-19.1-20220702-nightly-beryllium-signed
NikGapps-core-arm64-12.1-20220629-signed
Do you have download link for nikgapps please?

mwayne

Jun 7, 2013
Just flashed lineage-19.1-20220702-nightly-beryllium-signed and MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439 and everything seems to be fine again *happy* Dont know if the old NikGapps-core-arm64-12.1-20220501-signed would have worked too ;)

Reactions: TioCareca

senpaidev

Jul 27, 2012
www.varisht.dev
Dirty flashed 02072022 build over 18062022 build. Also flashed MindtheGapps 05062022 over NikGapps 01052022. Play store crashing issue seems to have gone now with MtG, but still facing constant phone services accessing location issue. Location seems to be accessed almost every 3 minutes or so. Maybe some remnants of NikGapps left?

Reactions: TioCareca

matejh36

May 4, 2022
Just flashed lineage-19.1-20220702-nightly-beryllium-signed and MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439 and everything seems to be fine again *happy* Dont know if the old NikGapps-core-arm64-12.1-20220501-signed would have worked too ;)
I tried to dirty flash 20220501 NikGapps, but GPS access still persists.

fightforlife

Oct 25, 2012
I also First had the constant Location Updates After dirty flashing NikGapps-core-arm64-12.1-20220629-signed.
But then I tried it again by ereasing every partition but data and installing lineage and gapps again.

You can find NikGapps-core-arm64-12.1-20220629-signed in the nikgapps Telegramm Support group.

Reactions: matejh36

lazka0

Jun 16, 2022
For anyone still having google service crashes, sideloading latest lineageos (0702 for example) + midthegapps in one go without(!) rebooting inbetween fixed it for me. after that reinstall apps that are crashing like gmail.

Reactions: sponk0

sponk0

Apr 7, 2019
Moto G 2015
Xiaomi Poco F1
For anyone still having google service crashes, sideloading latest lineageos (0702 for example) + midthegapps in one go without(!) rebooting inbetween fixed it for me. after that reinstall apps that are crashing like gmail.
I can confirm the above, same here.
I do, however, still see rather frequent access to location of phone services with this combination (I also formatted the cache)
(For what it's worth: I originally had mindthegapps, then dirty flashed nikgapps, now dirty flashed mindthegapps again...

mwayne

Jun 7, 2013
Can someone give a direct download link to NikGapps-core-arm64-12.1-20220629-signed.zip . I can't seem to find it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fyi: OTA Update from 2022-07-16 install went fine, everything looks good. Security string updated to July 05, 2022
    OTA 30 july successful...
    Fyi: OTA Update to 2022-07-23 build went fine here, all is looking good
    Aug 06 Update went fine ( OTA), all looking good
    Bug: cant enter password during first boot (no keyboard)
    using default kernel , vanilla build , los recovery.
    I was using a third party keyboard at the time of power off. when i turn it back on , There is no keyboard to enter password. The OS is looking for the third party keyboard , but it cant use it as its a user installed app and the device is still encrypted. there was also no a option to switch keyboard .
    So , please make a fix such that the default keyboard is used during first boot.
    I think only fix is to clean flash:cry:.
    image of 2 LOS 19.1 phones for reference , poco F1 ( right side)

View attachment 5670707View attachment 5670707
    3rd party keyboard : "indic keyboard" from fdroid
    solved it by booting into safe mode . indic keyboard got disabled in safe mode and aosp worked. Then I've uninstalled indic and did normal boot. other keyboard apps didnt had this problem , only indic keyboard failed to work.
    Just fixed power-off charging mode.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v12.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    This has remained unchanged for years, but I think you mean version 12.0.3.0. That is the last available version for our device.👍
    That's right. Thanks for the heads-up, already updated the post.
    Are there any downsides to the Lineage recovery as opposed to TWRP? I've only ever used TWRP before but apparently Lineage recovery seems to work more reliably for this build. Is it true that TWRP won't work with encryption and OTA updates need to be flashed manually in TWRP?

With Lineage recovery, can I still backup, restore, root with Magisk, and install Gapps?
    Lineage recovery is the only official supported at the moment. Of course it can't decrypt userdata, but that was never intended anyway.
    Offline charging is broken, I suspect it's a kernel problem.
    I am aware of that and will try to fix it as soon as I have time. Not something with big priority.
    afaik neither FBE nor FDE work (well) with current TWRP, so maybe one fix on their side fixes it all ? we'll see :)
    I doubt that we will ever see a TWRP recovery that supports FBE decyption on this device.
    2okPze5.png

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

@bgcngm This has remained unchanged for years, but I think you mean version 12.0.3.0. That is the last available version for our device.

As several people have already said, thank you so much for your years of support to the LineageOS community! 😁👍