[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

TioCareca

I too would like to upgrade to 19.1 but my battery is starting to wane.
From the discussions in this thread I gather that there had been an issue with GApps requesting location more often than necessary, leading to an increase in battery use.
Is this still an issue or is battery use of this ROM comparable to 18.1?
that issue is fixed, battery seems a little higher then 18.1 but nothing too big, o am waiting for NGK to update to system_ext so i can use it in this rom...

Reactions: a9k1t and lotan_rm

pbgapski

Jun 30, 2014
Google Nexus 4
Sony Xperia Z2
I too would like to upgrade to 19.1 but my battery is starting to wane.
From the discussions in this thread I gather that there had been an issue with GApps requesting location more often than necessary, leading to an increase in battery use.
Is this still an issue or is battery use of this ROM comparable to 18.1?
For my main use case (wifi with mobile data off, battery saver on), battery usage is similar or slightly better than on 18.1. On the other hand, battery usage feels higher while on mobile data.

Reactions: lotan_rm

PRIFAK

Aug 11, 2022
Will you make lineage on android 13 when its released?
And I have problem with telegram app, its don't recognize a headphone mic (by or wired) and use phone own mic. In other apps all right. It's app problem or ROM?

jojy thomas

Sep 13, 2016
Kottayam
And I have problem with telegram app, its don't recognize a headphone mic (by or wired) and use phone own mic. In other apps all right. It's app problem or
And I have problem with telegram app, its don't recognize a headphone mic (by or wired) and use phone own mic. In other apps all right. It's app problem or ROM?
Clean flash
Stick with stock rom ie what u have with the lineage

tomatus270389

Aug 13, 2014
Fingerprint sensor stopped working after upgrade from 18.1 to 19.1... Anyone with this same issue? Any ideas on how to fix it?

senpaidev

Jul 27, 2012
www.varisht.dev
Today's update went well. Only issue I see is that the battery percentage gets clipped in the notification drawer.
Screenshot_20220820-183007_Nova7.png

Reactions: MagnesG

MagnesG

Dec 6, 2016
I just went with clean flash for everything latest, flashed lygisk n other safetynet related modules, used swift backup for fast app data restores. Works like a charm, no fusses except for some small permission changes.

Only files from internals needs some attention and housekeeping, with everything important transferred to SD after.

Reactions: jojy thomas

jojy thomas

Sep 13, 2016
Kottayam
Clean flashed device on Thursday with mind the gapps, no force close or anything wrong.
Just installed ota with lineage recovery and all went well. No issues

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    internet does not work .... but thank you for such a rom as there are so many problems
    I can only suggest that you exactly follow the official instructions. Wipe everything beforehand if you don't have any data worth saving. The officially recommended GApps (MindTheGapps) work flawlessly for me, but only since the latest version from June, and only if installed directly after installing the LineageOS zip, as detailed in the official instructions.

But, to be honest, the level of patience that you display indicates to me that you will not enjoy running a custom rom in the long run. So I'd recommend you stick to the official OS.
    Unfortunately there is no face unlock that works with my face, they all never enlist my face, i tested in a lot of roms, they don't see my face because of my beard 😅
    Tried latest version... everything seems ok but I experienced some issues with my cellular network..not sure it's related though

I am on Sept 17 build, and while i don't experience issues (on the other hand, i havent used the phone for any cellular calls in weeks), i have noticed the phone seems to send out strong cellular signals much more frequently. I can tell because the interference creates beeping sounds in my sound system.
    One question regarding changes made for split screen. Is it still possible to use split screen by going to recent used apps, tip on the app symbol in the drawer and tip "split top"? Just saw two changes about it in the last two builds.
    Working as you described on my phone (today's build)
    Can you tell me how I can find the early builds for the month of June?
    This snapshot from the way back machine of archive.org might be helpful:

Edit: sorry, looks like they didn't archive the actual builds...
    Just fixed power-off charging mode.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v12.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • * Required * firmware version must be based on MIUI Q-based builds.
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    All LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:
    Are there any downsides to the Lineage recovery as opposed to TWRP? I've only ever used TWRP before but apparently Lineage recovery seems to work more reliably for this build. Is it true that TWRP won't work with encryption and OTA updates need to be flashed manually in TWRP?

With Lineage recovery, can I still backup, restore, root with Magisk, and install Gapps?
    Lineage recovery is the only official supported at the moment. Of course it can't decrypt userdata, but that was never intended anyway.
    Offline charging is broken, I suspect it's a kernel problem.
    I am aware of that and will try to fix it as soon as I have time. Not something with big priority.
    afaik neither FBE nor FDE work (well) with current TWRP, so maybe one fix on their side fixes it all ? we'll see :)
    I doubt that we will ever see a TWRP recovery that supports FBE decyption on this device.
    OK, thanks a million for your quick reply, I’ll launch the update now then… 🤞
    It worked! I’m so so so happy! Thanks a million!!!

For "posterity", here’s what I did in the end:
    1. in the existing system, backup everything that I can several times (online, SD card, etc.)
    2. download latest nightly zip of LineageOS 19.1 (for me it was lineage-19.1-20220709-nightly-beryllium-signed.zip), MindTheGapps (for me it was MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439.zip) and TWRP (for me it was twrp-beryllium-v3.6.2-A12-V3.img) — put everything on the SD card (if there is no SD card, it also works with adb, and maybe also with the internal memory but I'm not sure) [Apparently no need to update firmware which hasn't changed since 18.1] — usually, the latest files can be found here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/poco-f1-ultimate-collection-guides.4192715/
    3. reboot to recovery
    4. backup everything in TWRP except system and vendor
    5. update (flash) TWRP
    6. reboot to recovery — the new TWRP will not be able to decrypt the data, so press cancel when asked for your PIN, you can flash the zip files anyway
    7. if you can, backup again [in my case it didn’t work since it wouldn’t decrypt]
    8. install (dirty flash) LineageOS and MindTheGapps at once and in this order
    9. clear dalvik and cache, just in case
    10. reboot
    11. wait a bit for the system to come up. Check if everything works fine. In my case, there were small bugs that disappeared after a second reboot.
    12. if you want, you can now reboot to recovery, this time TWRP can decrypt your data and you can backup the functioning new system (I wasn’t able to backup SystemExt or Recovery, TWRP didn’t move forward and when I canceled, it showed an error related to CreateTarFork, but when I unchecked SystemExt and Recovery, everything went well)
    Have a nice day, and thanks again to all of you and the great developers!
    2okPze5.png

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

@bgcngm This has remained unchanged for years, but I think you mean version 12.0.3.0. That is the last available version for our device.

As several people have already said, thank you so much for your years of support to the LineageOS community! 😁👍