[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 weeklies for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

AtomicStryker

Nov 19, 2015
www.atomicstryker.net
Tried latest version... everything seems ok but I experienced some issues with my cellular network..not sure it's related though

I am on Sept 17 build, and while i don't experience issues (on the other hand, i havent used the phone for any cellular calls in weeks), i have noticed the phone seems to send out strong cellular signals much more frequently. I can tell because the interference creates beeping sounds in my sound system.

ftring

Sep 28, 2022
Hi all, I've had a bootloop twice so far following OTA updates on 19.1. I originally dirty flashed from 18.1 so I've since reformatted, but I'm now slightly paranoid about applying updates. I use the lineage weeklies with NikGapps, nothing else. Is there anything I should be doing different? These were both OTA updates that other members in the thread confirmed worked for them, mind.

I saw upthread someone mentioned wiping the /system partition in case of boot loops - is that a solution in this case?

TioCareca

Sep 8, 2010
Barreiro
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hi all, I've had a bootloop twice so far following OTA updates on 19.1. I originally dirty flashed from 18.1 so I've since reformatted, but I'm now slightly paranoid about applying updates. I use the lineage weeklies with NikGapps, nothing else. Is there anything I should be doing different? These were both OTA updates that other members in the thread confirmed worked for them, mind.

I saw upthread someone mentioned wiping the /system partition in case of boot loops - is that a solution in this case?
If you clean flashed 19.1 you should be ok, you can wait for others to confirm successful OTA update, magisk modules can cause bootloop so leave magisk uninstaller at hand, or use bootloop protect module.

Wiping /system can be used in last case, anyway keep a backup too.

Reactions: upslon

LTFOUND

Jul 27, 2017
Hi everyone :) I updated to Oct 1st version successfully. I also updated my recovery to REIGNZ's TWRP v4 (twrp-beryllium-v3.6.2-A12-V4.img). It seems that decryption is working now. When I enter the pattern after booting into TWRP, my files and folders are displayed with their right names (in the internal memory). With the previous TWRP version, all I could see were folders with random strings (because decryption didn't work yet).

Reactions: matejh36 and sponk0

fluorecente

Mar 25, 2007
Hi everyone :) I updated to Oct 1st version successfully. I also updated my recovery to REIGNZ's TWRP v4 (twrp-beryllium-v3.6.2-A12-V4.img). It seems that decryption is working now. When I enter the pattern after booting into TWRP, my files and folders are displayed with their right names (in the internal memory). With the previous TWRP version, all I could see were folders with random strings (because decryption didn't work

xMaZ

Jun 29, 2016
Great Rom overall, here are my catches

fingerprint doesn't catch input many times, and some times it catches input and vibrate after unlocking the phone, this happens also with lineage 19.1 on sony xzp
there are planned changes for fingerprint in the next build, will it take that into account?

I wish if the PIN panel was more polished, if we can copy text from app view like other roms, and finally if we have network meter in QS.

after all IMPRESSIVE WORK!!

noah001

Jan 23, 2018
Since lineageOS 19.1 ota isnt working anymore and im always get an bootloop after update. Can somone tell whats the error ?
Im using nothing special or an Custom Kernel, only Magisk, FlameGapps, MagiskHidePropsConfig, LSPosed and official TWRP:/

Last edited:

blackby

Apr 22, 2014
Hi everyone :) I updated to Oct 1st version successfully. I also updated my recovery to REIGNZ's TWRP v4 (twrp-beryllium-v3.6.2-A12-V4.img). It seems that decryption is working now. When I enter the pattern after booting into TWRP, my files and folders are displayed with their right names (in the internal memory). With the previous TWRP version, all I could see were folders with random strings (because decryption didn't work yet).
Updated to the new TWRP version. I cannot decrypt the data in recovery. And now I cannot boot the system anymore, tells me the pin is wrong. Any suggestions?

No_Reason

Jan 23, 2019
Hey there,

I have been lurking in this thread for quite a while, but now it seems that I'm kinda stuck now and looking for help.

I'm coming from older LineageOS versions. Upgrades went smooth mostly all of the time and if not, I could simply do a clean install. However, this changed with LOS19.

I upgraded from LOS18 to LOS19 about one month ago. Upgrade has been rather painful. Dirty flash left me with non-working Google Play Services (e.g. Play Store just closed). After that, I wiped the phone completely and did a clean install. Again, no working play services with MindTheGapps. So, I wiped the phone again and tried to move from TWRP (3.2.6) to LOS Recovery. Unfortunately, installing LOS Recovery failed a few times, so I stayed with TWRP. I finally found a working solution which was LOS 19.1 and NikGapps.

Fast forward to yesterday: I decided to try out the OTA update. Download went and installing via TWRP went smooth but it left me in boot loop. So, I downloaded the latest LOS manually and flashed it (incl. NikGapps). I was able to solve the boot loop, but Google Play Services were again not working (e.g. several apps reported that they need working Google Play Services). I tried to open Google Play Store. I was able to but it was offline (although other apps had internet connection). So, I checked the permissions and saw, that the Play Store was not allowed to access the internet. I enabled internet access and Play Store worked fine. After this, I re-installed all the apps with error messages regarding play services. This took some time, but in the end, everything was working again.

Today in the morning, Signal complained about Google Play Services not being available. And indeed, opening Google Play Store showed again the offline message, although internet is available and accessing internet is allowed. But again, apps that require play services are not running.

Is there anyone running into the same issues? Help would be very much appreciated.

TL;DR: Google Play Services are a mess. They stopped working after OTA upgrade. After getting them back to work, they again stopped working over night.

UPDATE 03.10.2022 10:32

I just rebooted my device a few times and now the Google Play Store seems to be working again, but some apps have issues with the Google Play Services again. Interestingly not all but just a few. Let's see, if re-installing them fixes their issues.

UPDATE 03.10.2022 10:45
Reinstalling the apps which complained about non-existing Google Play Services did the trick again. Anyway, if anyone has an idea how to make Google Play Services more reliable, I would highly appreciate this.

Last edited:

Retrial

Recognized Contributor & Translator
Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Since lineageOS 19.1 ota isnt working anymore and im always get an bootloop after update. Can somone tell whats the error ?
Im using nothing special or an Custom Kernel, only Magisk, FlameGapps, MagiskHidePropsConfig, LSPosed and official TWRP:/
Use either LineageOS Recovery or Unofficial TWRP Recovery by REIGNZ (Normal version= system_ext / NSE version=Non system_ext) [Current Bugs/Issues]. Modules, LSPosed can also be a problem.
Updated to the new TWRP version. I cannot decrypt the data in recovery. And now I cannot boot the system anymore, tells me the pin is wrong. Any suggestions?
Use either LineageOS Recovery or Unofficial TWRP Recovery by REIGNZ (Normal version= system_ext / NSE version=Non system_ext) [Current Bugs/Issues]. If you get a prompt and pattern/pin doesn't work, boot to system remove pin/pattern and set it again and then try again.
Hey there,

I have been lurking in this thread for quite a while, but now it seems that I'm kinda stuck now and looking for help.

I'm coming from older LineageOS versions. Upgrades went smooth mostly all of the time and if not, I could simply do a clean install. However, this changed with LOS19.

I upgraded from LOS18 to LOS19 about one month ago. Upgrade has been rather painful. Dirty flash left me with non-working Google Play Services (e.g. Play Store just closed). After that, I wiped the phone completely and did a clean install. Again, no working play services with MindTheGapps. So, I wiped the phone again and tried to move from TWRP (3.2.6) to LOS Recovery. Unfortunately, installing LOS Recovery failed a few times, so I stayed with TWRP. I finally found a working solution which was LOS 19.1 and NikGapps.

Fast forward to yesterday: I decided to try out the OTA update. Download went and installing via TWRP went smooth but it left me in boot loop. So, I downloaded the latest LOS manually and flashed it (incl. NikGapps). I was able to solve the boot loop, but Google Play Services were again not working (e.g. several apps reported that they need working Google Play Services). I tried to open Google Play Store. I was able to but it was offline (although other apps had internet connection). So, I checked the permissions and saw, that the Play Store was not allowed to access the internet. I enabled internet access and Play Store worked fine. After this, I re-installed all the apps with error messages regarding play services. This took some time, but in the end, everything was working again.

Today in the morning, Signal complained about Google Play Services not being available. And indeed, opening Google Play Store showed again the offline message, although internet is available and accessing internet is allowed. But again, apps that require play services are not running.

Is there anyone running into the same issues? Help would be very much appreciated.

TL;DR: Google Play Services are a mess. They stopped working after OTA upgrade. After getting them back to work, they again stopped working over night.

UPDATE 03.10.2022 10:32

I just rebooted my device a few times and now the Google Play Store seems to be working again, but some apps have issues with the Google Play Services again. Interestingly not all but just a few. Let's see, if re-installing them fixes their issues.

UPDATE 03.10.2022 10:45
Reinstalling the apps which complained about non-existing Google Play Services did the trick again. Anyway, if anyone has an idea how to make Google Play Services more reliable, I would highly appreciate this.
Use FlameGApps with config instead.
Everytime I tried NikGApps I had issues. NikGApps is known to have issues with permissions, OTA issues etc and it's not only me who faced these issues. You can try to reflash GApps according my dirty installation guide but I recommend you to move to FlameGApps.

Check my POCO F1 Ultimate Collection & Guides for links and guides.

blackby

Apr 22, 2014
Use either LineageOS Recovery or Unofficial TWRP Recovery by REIGNZ (Normal version= system_ext / NSE version=Non system_ext) [Current Bugs/Issues]. If you get a prompt and pattern/pin doesn't work, boot to system remove pin/pattern and set it again and then try again.
I cannot boot to system in order to remove the pin/pattern because the pin for booting to system is recognized as false after flashing the new V4 Recovery by REIGNZ. It says I have 8 tries left now :-( I tried flashing the V3 Recovery again and the LOS Recovery without changing the result. I cannot boot to system anymore. I don't know what else to try actually.

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
I cannot boot to system in order to remove the pin/pattern because the pin for booting to system is recognized as false after flashing the new V4 Recovery by REIGNZ. It says I have 8 tries left now :-( I tried flashing the V3 Recovery again and the LOS Recovery without changing the result. I cannot boot to system anymore. I don't know what else to try actually.
Try one of these methods.
OR this flashable zip.
Let me know if worked.

blackby

Apr 22, 2014
Try one of these methods.
OR this flashable zip.
Let me know if worked.
That doesn't work actually. Same as system doesn't boot due to "wrong" pin, TWRP cannot mount the data partition. Thus /data/system cannot be accessed and those files cannot be removed. LOS is unable to mount data as well. The recovery log in LOS shows the following:

[ 0.000607] 0 /data ext4 /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata 0
[ 0.211516] [libfs_mgr]Invalid ext4 superblock on '/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata'
[ 0.211564] recovery: [libfs_mgr]Failed to mount /data: File exists
[ 0.293683] emulated failed to mount /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata on /mnt/staging/emulated: Invalid argumentI:VolumeManager initialized

I attached the full log from LOS Recovery.

Attachments

• last_log.log
    3.9 KB · Views: 4

Retrial

Jun 10, 2015
Athens
Samsung Galaxy S4
Xiaomi Poco F1
That doesn't work actually. Same as system doesn't boot due to "wrong" pin, TWRP cannot mount the data partition. Thus /data/system cannot be accessed and those files cannot be removed. LOS is unable to mount data as well. The recovery log in LOS shows the following:

[ 0.000607] 0 /data ext4 /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata 0
[ 0.211516] [libfs_mgr]Invalid ext4 superblock on '/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata'
[ 0.211564] recovery: [libfs_mgr]Failed to mount /data: File exists
[ 0.293683] emulated failed to mount /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata on /mnt/staging/emulated: Invalid argumentI:VolumeManager initialized

I attached the full log from LOS Recovery.
You can try to flash the .zip via adb sideload in TWRP or if you have sdcard from there.
Otherwise you need to clean install. The issue is probably due to upgrade from 18 to 19 without clean installing.

blackby

Apr 22, 2014
You can try to flash the .zip via adb sideload in TWRP or if you have sdcard from there.
Otherwise you need to clean install. The issue is probably due to upgrade from 18 to 19 without clean installing.
Flashing the zip doesn't help. It was indeed no clean install. But several system flashes were fine, only this update from TWRP v3 to v4 leads to the data partition not be able to be mounted anymore even though I switched back. Did the new version change anything regarding partitioning? I want to avoid a reset and clean install now as much as possible :-|

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There's no changes on last 2 updates, i think Android 13 is fast approaching
    yes, maybe next week ;)
    Thanks mate, i flashed that kernel and all problems vanished.
    I was worried that could be hardware-related but now i'm 100% sure that something in the LOS kernel has been broken.
    I've already reported this issue on Gitlab, now i'll update it.
    Yeap NGK is awesome. :)
    Just keep in mind, everytime you OTA you must flash NGK again.
    Does this rom has bugs and phone is heated while charging or not?
    Thanks!
    I'm using this rom daily and I didn't notice any bugs. That doesn't mean that there aren't any, but at least none that I noticed. I also never noticed any unusual heating during charging.
    Try flashing NGK Kernel system_ext. You may find the touch better.
    Thanks mate, i flashed that kernel and all problems vanished.
    I was worried that could be hardware-related but now i'm 100% sure that something in the LOS kernel has been broken.
    I've already reported this issue on Gitlab, now i'll update it.
    Yeap NGK is awesome. :)
    Just keep in mind, everytime you OTA you must flash NGK again.
    Yeah i know.
    I flashed it through LOS recovery, no need for TWRP
    Just fixed power-off charging mode.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v12.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Device wiki:
    Downloads:
    Installation:
    • Follow instructions found in the respective wiki page
    Are there any downsides to the Lineage recovery as opposed to TWRP? I've only ever used TWRP before but apparently Lineage recovery seems to work more reliably for this build. Is it true that TWRP won't work with encryption and OTA updates need to be flashed manually in TWRP?

With Lineage recovery, can I still backup, restore, root with Magisk, and install Gapps?
    Lineage recovery is the only official supported at the moment. Of course it can't decrypt userdata, but that was never intended anyway.
    Offline charging is broken, I suspect it's a kernel problem.
    I am aware of that and will try to fix it as soon as I have time. Not something with big priority.
    afaik neither FBE nor FDE work (well) with current TWRP, so maybe one fix on their side fixes it all ? we'll see :)
    I doubt that we will ever see a TWRP recovery that supports FBE decyption on this device.
    OK, thanks a million for your quick reply, I’ll launch the update now then… 🤞
    It worked! I’m so so so happy! Thanks a million!!!

For "posterity", here’s what I did in the end:
    1. in the existing system, backup everything that I can several times (online, SD card, etc.)
    2. download latest nightly zip of LineageOS 19.1 (for me it was lineage-19.1-20220709-nightly-beryllium-signed.zip), MindTheGapps (for me it was MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439.zip) and TWRP (for me it was twrp-beryllium-v3.6.2-A12-V3.img) — put everything on the SD card (if there is no SD card, it also works with adb, and maybe also with the internal memory but I'm not sure) [Apparently no need to update firmware which hasn't changed since 18.1] — usually, the latest files can be found here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/poco-f1-ultimate-collection-guides.4192715/
    3. reboot to recovery
    4. backup everything in TWRP except system and vendor
    5. update (flash) TWRP
    6. reboot to recovery — the new TWRP will not be able to decrypt the data, so press cancel when asked for your PIN, you can flash the zip files anyway
    7. if you can, backup again [in my case it didn’t work since it wouldn’t decrypt]
    8. install (dirty flash) LineageOS and MindTheGapps at once and in this order
    9. clear dalvik and cache, just in case
    10. reboot
    11. wait a bit for the system to come up. Check if everything works fine. In my case, there were small bugs that disappeared after a second reboot.
    12. if you want, you can now reboot to recovery, this time TWRP can decrypt your data and you can backup the functioning new system (I wasn’t able to backup SystemExt or Recovery, TWRP didn’t move forward and when I canceled, it showed an error related to CreateTarFork, but when I unchecked SystemExt and Recovery, everything went well)
    Have a nice day, and thanks again to all of you and the great developers!
    2okPze5.png

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v11.0.3.0 global stable package.​

@bgcngm This has remained unchanged for years, but I think you mean version 12.0.3.0. That is the last available version for our device.

As several people have already said, thank you so much for your years of support to the LineageOS community! 😁👍