[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19 for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+/S10 5G Exynos

Search This thread

ZmisiS

Dec 23, 2011
Livno
Eu com a segurança de agosto. Rom global. mais eu gostaria.de estalar o androd 13

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][13.0][OTA][Signature Spoofing][Open Source][Encryption] LineageOS 20 for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+/S10 5G Exynos​

[ROM][OFFICIAL][13.0][Galaxy S10/e/+/5G] PixelExtended [AOSP][ENCRYPTION]​

ZmisiS

Dec 23, 2011
Livno
HVI4 and HVJ5 are binary version G, and on HVI4 Linage OS work, and on HVJ5 Lineage OS don't work? HVJ1 is binary G, and HVG4 is binary F.

Last edited:

kheldar31

Feb 1, 2015
Hello, I've installed the latest 19.1 version. However some basic functions like proximity sensor and gps dont work. I searched a bit and found a possible solution. Flashing the stock rom and then re-installing lineage os to get the drivers.

However, I'm not clear on the details. Could you help me?
1: I flash stock rom using odin on download mode.
2: Do I open launch into OS?
3: then I flash lineage os again.

Do I need to reset anything? I really don't want to lose my settings and apps.

gnarf49

Jan 21, 2013
Hi all, I seem to have a battery drain issue since last update of Lineage for MicroG (S10e/MicroG v 0.2.25). Android reports MicroG has eaten 15% of capacity which makes it top of the list before display, idle etc.

Anyone else having the same issue or even an idea what to do about it?

Thanks,
Georg

a9REhdDp5V

Oct 28, 2020
I've had the same issue of not booting after seemingly successful install as many others on the S10+ (SM-G975F/DS)

As the stock ROM had been on the latest OTA update (...GHVJ5) I could not downgrade to the firmware that is linked on the firmware update page (...FHVG4) as it must be G (=16) or higher (F=15).
So as the developer suggested on page 11 it was necessary to get ...GHVI4 which I managed to find in the DTM CSC Germany (which is Deutsche Telekom branded, but didn't matter - country and brand seems not really to matter (there wasn't one for the brand-free DBT with G BIT).
( samfw com/firmware/SM-G975F/DTM/G975FXXSGHVI4 )

If your phone is still on F BIT or below you have many more options!

Another source is galaxyfirmware com/model/SM-G975F or other model respectively, but digging there is a bit more work.

So I used odin under windows to flash the stock rom above. Under Windows, I had to play around with different usb slots to get the phone recognized - I couldn't get heimdall to work fully and both tools accepted different slots.

Having done that I could easily follow the main instructions under linux, no issue with usb ports here.

So now happily on lineage OS 19 :)

Thanks for all your work, @Linux4 !

Btw. a warning not to update to the newest OTA update in the install & fw update instructions would surely be appreciated by many. Best incorporated in the android 12 warning that already is in place. And possibly a link to this thread as well.

tinko975

Dec 3, 2013
Zagreb
i havent have lineageos last few years but had it on S3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Poco F1, MI5, 6 and now i have Samsung S10e and wish to flash this rom.
how about bank apps? do they works on this rom?

Nov 11, 2022
i havent have lineageos last few years but had it on S3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Poco F1, MI5, 6 and now i have Samsung S10e and wish to flash this rom.
how about bank apps? do they works on this rom?
I had at least no luck with the app from my Bank (Bank Austria) without installing Google Services. Didn't try it with installing them, because not having them was the reason for installing a custom rum in the first place.

absorbdroid

Oct 3, 2012
I was having trouble after following the tutorial for installing LOS on my S10E. Everything was going well but then it would try to boot but froze on the samsung page that says the os is not official in red writing.
To fix this I went to the first post in this thread and installed the latest firmware for my device using Odin3B PatcheD/ModdeD v3.14.1 and rebooted and now it works :)
Thanks to all the people here that make stuff easy for dummies like me :p

Reactions: cappuccini

absorbdroid

Oct 3, 2012
Now that I have LOS installed I'm having trouble making calls. I have to talk quite loudly before the mic kicks in.
I didn't check before the install but assuming it was ok. Any help please?
I wonder if I should re-install the recovery and os since I didn't redo them after the firmware. It seemed to work so I didn't bother

Last edited:

GuestNoOne

Nov 11, 2017
@Linux4

The changelog of the beyond2lte (S10Plus / S10+)
lineage-19.1-20221214-nightly-beyond2lte-signed.zip

contains the line:
misc: tzdev: Update from G973FXXUGHVJ5

1. The S10+ designation is G975X
I would appreciate for clearance if that would be corrected.
But I guess, because the G973 and G975 use the same Exynos 9820 SOC, that it applies to the G975 aswell.

2. Between HVJ5 and HVG4 was HVI4. People say it is it possible to flash from HVI4 aswell. But its not listed in the changelog. Just to double check: No issues with flashing LOS on HVI4, right? Or is it only recommended to use HVJ5 and HVG4 as latest stock firmware?

3. Anyone tested to change ROM from HVJ5 yet?
Works

4. HVK1 was released in November.
-> Installing LOS from HVK1 aint possible yet as its not mentioned in the changelog. Right?

5. You website https://lineage.linux4.de/fw_update/beyond2lte.html states that you need HVG4 for G975F devices, or HVJ5 for G975N devices.
This conflicts with the changelog linked above assuming the G973F meant G975F.
So:
Can G975F devices now run HVJ5 as well and be able to flash LOS?
Or does this only apply to G975N devices?

6. Ive read somewhere you mentioned LOS19.1 "is dead".
Are you a maintainer of OFFICIAL LOS20 again? Any insights on "how far" OFFICIAL LOS20 ports are away from release?

Question to all users:
How stable is the - still Nightly designation - LOS 19.1 build with the LOS recovery?
@Linux4: Why is it still designated as Nightly?

Last time I messed with customs roms was withthe LG G5 h850, TWRP, Magisk, LOS and it worked good enaugh - but with the Galaxy S10 Series it seems to me kinda like a hassle:
So many small branch customs ROMs,
no further Ubuntu Touch effort,
TWRP aint recommended and seems messy,
Magisk aint recommended but Lygisk

As I just bought the device and it runs Stock HVK1, I would be required to downgrade to HVG4 or HVJ5 to install LOS19.1.

I am not too sure if I can afford spending 50 working hours into messing with this device trying around.

My main concern why I want a custom ROM:
Debloat,
Google Free,
Magisk modules like Callrecorder, or Magisk Bixby Button Remapper,
Xposed Module I forgot the name for: enabling more than 16 digit password for fully encrypted devices,
DNScrypt (root, Flash by custom Recovery, dunno if LOS recovery can do that?),
AFWall+ (root),
and a few other sec related features.

Any recommendation if LOS19.1 would be still a good idea for this particular moment in December, while already unoffical LOS20 releases by Linux4 have begun,
or is better if I just wait a few weeks and go from (hopefully) HVK1 to LOS20 directly - skipping the mess to downgrade to HVG4/HVJ5, flashing LOS19.1 and in a few weeks flashing LOS20 again?

Thanks

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022
Hi, I just wanted to inform you, that I could finally install LOS 19.1, according to the instructions with the latest build (lineage-19.1-20221215) on an S10E with the firmware HVJ5. Thx for your work @Linux4 and the support I received from you here in the forum!

matrix200200

Jun 22, 2010
Hey guys, I am getting this error when trying to flash latest nightly:
47% -> Total xfer: 1.00x
E: signature verification failed
E: error: 21
I installed the nightly recovery (and its confirmed because it shows the beyondlte line in recovery messages).
Doesn't matter if I try to install from sd card, or from adb sideload.
Tried the latest and one before builds with the same result.
Any ideas?

EDIT:
I have installed and ran image verifier and the zip checks out just fine with the pub key.

matrix200200

Jun 22, 2010
My bad, it was stock recovery after all.
After a few more attempts, I was able to enter recovery in time and flash 19.1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please remove that file. I will not provide support for anyone disabling encryption. Also by doing this you will irreversibly brick when updating to 20 which makes disabling encryption impossible :)
    Please remove that file. I will not provide support for anyone disabling encryption. Also by doing this you will irreversibly brick when updating to 20 which makes disabling encryption impossible :)
    Folks, have some respect for the OP and do not post content in this thread that is not directly relevant to the development posted herein. Post removed.

@Linux4 I don't have experience with the S10 series, but when flashing GSIs to my T290, I used the Multidisabler in TWRP before wiping data and installing the GSI. Never had a problem with LineageOS 19 or 20. Why would this cause a problem on the S10?
    Could someone explain what is the difference between the 800MB zip file and the 65MB img file?

Is the img file for people who are updating their already installed LineageOS and the Zip file for a first installation?
    The small file is the recovery. It's independent from the operating system and it needs to be installed first.
    It is a tool that the phone needs to fix issues with your phone and install updates to the operating system.

The large file is the operating system proper. You install this only after you succesfuly installed the recovery provided
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported, using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported, using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820
    How about maybe not updating firmware without explicitly being required to?
    In upcoming LineageOS 20 releases a matching firmware version will be shipped with the ROM anyway (tho note that I cannot downgrade!)
    Will see on the weekend if updating blobs is enough to make things work with this firmware version again.... meanwhile taking the firmware packages down
    I'm seeing the same thing.

I've upgraded the firmware to G975FXXUFHVG4, and that "took". Confirmed using "adb shell getprop ro.boot.bootloader".

The instructions for the S10+ LOS Install say that Download Mode for that phone will give you a confirmation when
    the download process(either in Heimdall or Odin) has completed, but despite waiting 10 minutes I never see it. The
    blue progress bar does complete, and it obviously works since my prior firmware was a UG<something> as opposed to
    the VG4 that it's on now.

I'm fairly confident that the Odin process I'm using works, despite the lack of a clear finalization message from the phone.

So, I am assuming that my Odin AP flashing of the LineageOS recovery is working(?)

However, like rik_w, I press Volume Down+Power to reboot, and then once the screen goes black, I immediately hold down the
    Power+Volume Up+Bixby combo, but it never boots into recovery mode.

Is it possible that there needs to be a wait? Perhaps hold down the P+VU+B combo at some later point?

Now that the phone has the bootloader unlocked, I'm getting prompted at the powerup with a warning about the "Bootloader is unlocked, and bad things will happen to you, etc, etc", plus a "Press Power Key to Continue" prompt. If you don't hit the power button, it times out after 6-10 seconds and continues booting.

Is is possible that that prompting for the go-ahead, the "Press Power Key to Continue" is undermining the restart mode parameter so that it can't switch into recovery mode?

I've tried about 10 times, and I just can't get it to boot into the LOS recovery.

Anyways... does anybody have any ideas/insights? I bought this G975F specifically so I could put LineageOS on it. I couldn't use the G975U I'd received from AT&T, so ... do I now have -two- G975x's that I can't run LOS on? :LOL:

EDIT: Would it be possible to remove the "Press Power Key to Continue" and warnings from the VG4 firmware distribution, or is that
    blackbox code distributed by the manufacturer(Samsung), and no possibility of alteration/correction is possible?
    Something in the firmware is blocking any attempt at going into recovery(LOS recovery or the factory recovery) with the bootlocker unloaded.

EDIT2: "bootblock unlocked", not bootlocker unloaded.

I've been able to get around this!

I went back to using heimdall, since Odin wasn't helping the issue anyways.

Apparently when using the Power + Volume Down buttons to force an exit/reboot from Download Mode, it would (for me) ignore/disable the Volume Up+Bixby+Power button sequence to go into recovery.

When using the heimdall command to flash the recovery, do NOT use the --no-reboot option. Allow heimdall to have the phone reboot after having flashed the recovery image.

The heimdall flash of the LOS recovery takes 3-4 seconds, which gives you enough time to get your fingers onto the Volume Up+Bixby+Power buttons before the phone reboots.

When the screen goes black, immediately hold down the VU+B+P buttons for a few seconds, and release them once the green Android logo shows on the screen. 2-3 seconds, perhaps.

Doing this, I was able to reboot into the LOS recovery the very first time. (As opposed to the other procedure that I'd tried 10-15 times without success). My phone is now running LOS 19.1. Joy!

tl;dr Let heimdall trigger the reboot for you before hitting the Power+Volume Up+Bixby buttons.
    Copying my post from lineage 20 thread:

For everyone who upgraded to HVJ1 firmware, for all models there's a HVI4 build that has binary version 'G' too, at least for some CSCs, you should be able to downgrade to that and have it working again.
    I'd recommend to use samfw.com over sammobile tho since that one has faster free download.
    FYI that problem cannot be resolved without first getting new kernel sources from samsung... and next time: Don't update your firmware manually anymore, I will take care of it on 20.
    Firmware SM-G973F for Switzerland (AUT) HVJ5 is here.

Could you please read my previous post? Don't update manually ever again (Compatible fw is shipped with the ROM on 20). And for new firmwares to work we first have to wait for Samsung to provide latest kernel sources.