[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19 for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+/S10 5G Exynos

Search This thread

Dutatt

Feb 27, 2018
If you had read the OP you knew TWRP is not supported. Please flash full stock and start all over with lineage recovery.
Hi thanks for the response. If I were to flash something like magic through adb, even on the lineage recovery, do you suppose this would also cause problems?

Last edited:

Blato

Feb 17, 2008
Hi all,

I have made a clean install and everything seems to be working except Samsung Health. Does anyone know how to make it working? I can run the app and also I can go to the login screen (redirect to Chrome) but once I sign in the chrome and return to the app there is alway only the login screen again. I tried reinstalling cleaning app data, formating cache. Magisk is set up correctly with safetynet passing and s-health is on the deny list. This worked on lineage os 18.1.

Please advice.
Thank you.

ig2205

Sep 4, 2013
Do you need to do a clean installation to upload lineageos official? Now I have an unofficial 19.1.

J4son82

Jun 2, 2021
MUC
Do you need to do a clean installation to upload lineageos official? Now I have an unofficial 19.1.
Yes, you have to format data for this.
But you can keep the unofficial los recovery. If you do the updates via LOS updater. you have to tick "update revocery" and you will get the official LOS recovery with the next update.

Reactions: ig2205

Makavelli-

Nov 11, 2012
Landshut
I have no experience with Mobileiron Go, but I noticed you mentioned the IMEI won't show. Just guessing here, but I think that for an app to determine the IMEI, it requires Google Services Framework. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
The Google Service Framework is installed on the main system but not separately on the work profile.
I think thats ok and also not different on my other phone.

From my understanding, if the firmware is too old before installing lineage, either one must reflash the stock firmware then reinstall lineage (and have fun with backup/reinstall), or find a repackaged firmware that only includes the bits not rewritten by the lineage image, which I have not been able to find.
I initially came from the latest ambasadii rom but honestly i'm not sure which stock firmware was installed.
Just remember that i've updated the firmware one year ago or so but i'm not sure what i exactly did at that time.
Bootloader and modem were updated during Lineage installation.
Backup would be not necessary because the system is almostz fresh installed :)
So maybe i will give it a try.

Aquila1234

Sep 3, 2020
Just to make sure I'll get the update right. I'm currently on the official LOS18.1 with OpenGapps.

The steps I'll have to do to get to 19 are:

How do I update Gapps? Can I achieve this without loosing Data?
To answer my own question. I'll have to update Gapps before rebooting. As there are no OpenGapps for LOS 19.1 I'll stay on 18.1 for now as I would loose Data otherwise.

Reactions: robertozombie

Arcanee

Jan 28, 2018
Hello, may I ask what are the known issues with this version, if any?

Sorry for the newb question and thanks in advance !

blackdot

Jun 29, 2005
Thank you for this ROM. I am fan of lineage since old cyanogenmod days. I bought used S10 to make everything fit together, but I am struggling with app from our local bank, which is crashing. On lineageos 18 on Xiaomi Mi 8 to works fine... So right now I am evaluating possible ways forwards.
  • To return back to stock samsung's android, it is enough for me to follow your howto from page "https://lineage.linux4.de/fw_update/beyond1lte.html" ? Is this meant to be used to restore phone from any state to back to stock?
  • What is the prefered way to root this ROM? Or any other ways how to make Google Pay work? (on LOS18 on MI8 I was using Mageisk + hide function)
  • Is there any way to downgrade to LOS 18 on S10?
Thanks again.

mu1989

Feb 22, 2020
uff okay didnt tried this first, my bad...! Works like a charm. Disney+ nad Netflix working but I didnt pass SaeftyNet...tried MagiskHide Props Config and Universal SaeftyNet Fix.
Try this

SafetyNet (LineageOS 18.1/19.0) and zygisk

1) Enable "Zygisk" option (in Lygisk/Magisk app)
2) Reboot your device
3) Enable "Enforce DenyList" option
4) Go in "Configure DenyList"
5) Tap on the Magnifying Glass button
6) Enable "Show system apps" option then search 'Google Play Services' and tap on it (but NOT on the tick box!) to expand activities
7) Enable both "com.google.android.gms" & "com.google.android.gms.unstable"
8) install MagiskHide Props Config(Magisk module)
9) Open the terminal
10) su
11) Type "props"
12) Edit 1 fingerprint of the device
13) Choose a certified fingerprint
14) 7 Google
15) Find an Android 11/12 device (Pixel 5 = 26 and 1/ 2)
16) Follow the instructions
17) Restart
18) Clear Google Play Store Data
19) Check SafetyNet (should pass)
20) Open DenyList
21) Check all apps that do not require root privileges

Reactions: MaStErB_1984

MaStErB_1984

Jul 16, 2016
Braunschweig
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Try this

SafetyNet (LineageOS 18.1/19.0) and zygisk

1) Enable "Zygisk" option (in Lygisk/Magisk app)
2) Reboot your device
3) Enable "Enforce DenyList" option
4) Go in "Configure DenyList"
5) Tap on the Magnifying Glass button
6) Enable "Show system apps" option then search 'Google Play Services' and tap on it (but NOT on the tick box!) to expand activities
7) Enable both "com.google.android.gms" & "com.google.android.gms.unstable"
8) install MagiskHide Props Config(Magisk module)
9) Open the terminal
10) su
11) Type "props"
12) Edit 1 fingerprint of the device
13) Choose a certified fingerprint
14) 7 Google
15) Find an Android 11/12 device (Pixel 5 = 26 and 1/ 2)
16) Follow the instructions
17) Restart
18) Clear Google Play Store Data
19) Check SafetyNet (should pass)
20) Open DenyList
21) Check all apps that do not require root privileges
Worked really well thanks a lot! Problem is you have to redo this checklist after each system update...just tested it with the newest update...strange thing is Netflix and other are still working but I didnt get saefty net passed after update...sry for my bad english

MaStErB_1984

Jul 16, 2016
Braunschweig
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Worked really well thanks a lot! Problem is you have to redo this checklist after each system update...just tested it with the newest update...strange thing is Netflix and other are still working but I didnt get saefty net passed after update...sry for my bad english
I am sounding like a rookie...which I am not...I forgot to flash Magisk again after the update....so everything is working now... 🙃

commander-keen

May 10, 2011
The wiki-Page with the Installation instructions states that I need to have Android 12 to install LinageOS19.
Does this mean, that going from LineageOS 18.1 to LineageOS19 is not possible without flashing Samsungs Android 12 in between?

zpunout

Aug 26, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto G5 Plus
The wiki-Page with the Installation instructions states that I need to have Android 12 to install LinageOS19.
Does this mean, that going from LineageOS 18.1 to LineageOS19 is not possible without flashing Samsungs Android 12 in between?
It's possible to update the firmware without wiping your phone, but be sure to backup your data first anyway. The developer, Linux4 has the required updated firmware files on his website which can be flashed using Heimdall (or Odin) without wiping your data, afterwards, you can commence with updating to LineageOS 19. https://lineage.linux4.de/

Reactions: commander-keen

evilorb

Feb 16, 2015
It's possible to update the firmware without wiping your phone, but be sure to backup your data first anyway. The developer, Linux4 has the required updated firmware files on his website which can be flashed using Heimdall (or Odin) without wiping your data, afterwards, you can commence with updating to LineageOS 19. https://lineage.linux4.de/
So you meaned possible by this way to update firmware bits without wiping actual ROM (LOS 18.1 with MicroG for me) just before upgrading to this official LOS 19? Could this method be so much clean than starting from fresh install?
Nice to read that if its OK.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Forgive my San Google English.
    Could someone tell me how to remove the red letters and the Bootloader open warnings?
    Thanks to all.
    I have the zip file to flash with recovery stored on my HDD, but I wanted to find again where I got it from to be able to credit the author for making it. After a half hour of searching XDA I couldn't find the exact file of name and size which I have been using (there are others though). So I'll attach the file here instead of linking to where I got it from (I can't find where). If anyone knows the original author of this zip file, could they please give them a mention and provide a link?

Simply flash the zip in your custom recovery to remove bootloader unlocked warning message
    I did some progress in investigating the bootloop problem after OTA updates.

This seems to be related to the fact that ih8sn is adding files into the /system folder, and therefore make the system complain about the validity of the content of the Android filesystem, preventing it to boot.

Normally those files should be temporary removed before the OTA upgrade and re-added after (there's a script for doing that), but it seems like there might be a problem around this thing.

Manually deleting the files that got installed by ih8sn prior to the OTA upgrade is allowing to avoid the bootloop.

See more details here: https://github.com/luk1337/ih8sn/issues/24

There's also an open issue on LineageOS about the Addon.d not working correctly after OTA update, which might very well be related to this problem: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/4469

This comment from Ivan Ludkov is specially interesting :
    Code:
    After OTA update addon.d files automatically changes string /tmp/backuptool.functions to postinstall/tmp/backuptool.functions which cause backuptool does not work after the next OTA update. I think that it behavior abnormal.

Update:
    After more investigation, the problem is indeed related to ih8sn.
    When the phone is in bootloop, if I go in Recovery Mode and delete the ih8sn files, then the phone can boot normally.

Can you like close your uselessly opened issue then? This is in no way related to device specific stuff and ih8sn is not an officially supported addon
    Thank you very much for the explanation/clarification. Understood. :)
    Sorry for this question that maybe has been answered but I dont understand how to upgrade from Los 18.1 to 19.1 without losing data etc. There are some of you that has done this successfully (it seems) but I really need some help! And also flash with Mindthegapps...
    How should I do this and in what steps?
    My phone is a s10+

You'll need to check that you are running the latest firmware.
    To check the version you have, use the command adb shell getprop ro.boot.bootloader
    The latest firmware version at the time I write this is G975FXXUFHVE1 . If yours is a lower version (for example: ending in ...VD1), you'll need to update the firmware.

But first, backup your important things on the phone just in case.

Link to S10+ firmware update and instructions provided by Linux4 https://lineage.linux4.de/fw_update/beyond2lte.html

After updating the firmware, I don't know if your phone will still boot into Lineage 18.1 (mine did after accidentally booting into system instead of recovery), but whatever the case, recovery should still be working. Continue with the official version upgrade guide on the LineageOS website: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/beyond2lte/upgrade

Afterwards, your phone should be working on LineageOS 19.1 with your data still intact (mine worked).
    Mine still booted in LineageOS 18.1 with the firmware that is stated to only be for 19.1, but I didn't bother to spend time to see what worked and what didn't work before upgrading the LineageOS version to 19.1.
    Great! And once again thank you, Will report back to say if I was successful 😃
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported, using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported, using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820
    I did some progress in investigating the bootloop problem after OTA updates.

This seems to be related to the fact that ih8sn is adding files into the /system folder, and therefore make the system complain about the validity of the content of the Android filesystem, preventing it to boot.

Normally those files should be temporary removed before the OTA upgrade and re-added after (there's a script for doing that), but it seems like there might be a problem around this thing.

Manually deleting the files that got installed by ih8sn prior to the OTA upgrade is allowing to avoid the bootloop.

See more details here: https://github.com/luk1337/ih8sn/issues/24

There's also an open issue on LineageOS about the Addon.d not working correctly after OTA update, which might very well be related to this problem: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/4469

This comment from Ivan Ludkov is specially interesting :
    Code:
    After OTA update addon.d files automatically changes string /tmp/backuptool.functions to postinstall/tmp/backuptool.functions which cause backuptool does not work after the next OTA update. I think that it behavior abnormal.

Update:
    After more investigation, the problem is indeed related to ih8sn.
    When the phone is in bootloop, if I go in Recovery Mode and delete the ih8sn files, then the phone can boot normally.

Can you like close your uselessly opened issue then? This is in no way related to device specific stuff and ih8sn is not an officially supported addon
    Thanks for that handy link. I'm curious to know what version of firmware I'm actually running right now for comparison. I looked for clues in the download mode screen as well as have a look at the output generated by heimdall print-pit. Is there a way to know? Also, Is there much risk of running into new problems if I just update the firmware on an up and running installation of LOS19.1 ?

Do adb shell getprop ro.boot.bootloader
    Most of the time baseband version from about phone also matches bootloader version but that doesn't always have to be the case.
    From my understanding, if the firmware is too old before installing lineage, either one must reflash the stock firmware then reinstall lineage (and have fun with backup/reinstall), or find a repackaged firmware that only includes the bits not rewritten by the lineage image, which I have not been able to fifind
    Have a look at the firmware update page for your device on https://lineage.linux4.de
    just updated from 18.1 to 19.1 version (big thank to developers!), everything seems to work fine, except for the split screen that doesn't work :unsure:
    It does work. Android 12 Launcher requires you to have at least two apps open to even show the Option tho, while 11 one always showed it.