[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19 for Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+/S10 5G Exynos

Search This thread

bgsdeluxe

Feb 23, 2013
For now all I see are most probably issues caused by third party adjustments. I would expect the same to happen after flashing an update (not upgrade) through recovery and not through OTA.
But the feedback is helping me (and maybe others as well) to get a sense of what to expect and what I can and can not do (or should not do) with this build. These are relevant questions everybody should be considering before flashing a custom ROM.
I'm running a fresh and clean install without Magisk/Lygisk or anything else special. Am quite excited for the next OTA update which will allow me to make my own experience.
@Nosepull: Yeah, I had the same issue with booting to download mode. It seems there are several different ways, also depending on your device/country. Probably the easiest way would be through the extended restart menu (settings -> systems -> keys -> On/Off menu).
Uninstalling Magisk is suggested through Magisk itself. Not an option if you're stuck in a bootloop though. In that case uninstalling should be working exactly the way you described. How do you know uninstalling didn't work?
However, uninstalling Magisk after you ran into an bootloop is trying to solve the issue where the system is already compromised. Replacing the system files that have been edited might work, but gl with that. Might be faster to give it a clean install from the beginning, even more if you already have a current backup at hand. Peace of mind comes along with this as well. ;)

Nosepull

Jan 9, 2015
@Nosepull: Yeah, I had the same issue with booting to download mode. It seems there are several different ways, also depending on your device/country. Probably the easiest way would be through the extended restart menu (settings -> systems -> keys -> On/Off menu).
Uninstalling Magisk is suggested through Magisk itself. Not an option if you're stuck in a bootloop though. In that case uninstalling should be working exactly the way you described. How do you know uninstalling didn't work?
Because the messages in the recovery terminal window suggested an repeated installation of Magisk when flashing uninstall.zip and no uninstallation.
And the extended restart menu does not help when stuck in a bootloop. The nasty thing is that you cannot even shut down the phone when the key combo does not work, and once you get into recovery after dozens of attempts, you better use this chance to do a fresh install.

What I don't understand is that I did not get rid of the bootlooping Magisk even after wiping /system from recovery, updating the firmware (with Heimdall, which seems to re-flash the boot.img also) and re-flashing Lineageos.

whatsmyname00

Mar 31, 2020
So you're currently on stock ROM with TWRP recovery? Or older version of LOS?
Did you renamed the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar as suggested in opening post?
If this isn't working the only suggestion I can give atm is flashing latest stock firmware with Odin and then reboot to system. This should reset recovery to stock. DO NOT BOOT TO RECOVERY IMMEDIATELY!
Firmware:
(After selecting your phone/country/carrier the appropriate Odin version and instruction is available for download on the right hand.)
When successful you should be fine to start all over from page 1 of this thread to flash LOS.
Nope i am not on stock anymore...before i was on lineage 18.1 with twrp...then i want to install lineage 19.1 official after updating the Firmware...but linux4 Firmware didnt worked so i have to install stock rom...unlocking bootloader and so on...but couldnt install lineage with Odin...always errors....the only way that worked was installing twrp + vdh file (or whatever the filename was) then installing the lineage ZIP with twrp and before rebooting i also have to install magisk / lygisk cause after first Boot twrp has Problems with mounting the system partition...

But i hoped after the next ota update it will replace the twrp with lineage recovery bit it didnt... Somehow i had a bootloop but then lineage started once in safe mode after New reboot it starts normally now and had successfully installed the update...

But my Problem is that i need a Rom with signature spoofing...thats why i need to install the lineage recovery now...so i can replace the Rom

And yes i renamed the recovery file to recovery.img and packed it with 7zip to a tar file...but maybe thats wrong and the reason why Odin crashes? In which selection i have to set the recovery file in odin? Just in case....

And replacing the recovery will not delete my data in normal case or?

doeternietoe

Dec 31, 2010
So I upgraded from LineageOS-microG-18.1 to LineageOS-microG-19 today and I can report that the whole process went pretty smoothly.

Edit: I thought that the new version didn't use the proximity sensor to turn AOD off when inside a pocket, but it turns out it just takes a longer interval.

Last edited:

bgsdeluxe

Feb 23, 2013
...then i want to install lineage 19.1 official after updating the Firmware...but linux4 Firmware didnt worked so i have to install stock rom...unlocking bootloader and so on...but couldnt install lineage with Odin...always errors....
You should have installed latest stock ROM anyways, so that's not the issue. After that flash the firmware (firmware = LOS recovery) with Odin by renaming it to recovery.img and packing it into a *.tar package (I also did that with 7zip btw). Select the AP section in Odin, go to options tab and uncheck Auto Reboot and everything should be fine.
Finally install Lineage OS either by sideloading through ADB or from sd card through LOS recovery. That's it.

Expect your data to be deleted within the whole process!

!! EDIT: This is just a short summary and does not include all required steps, such as unlocking bootloader. Please read the instruction corresponding to your device model before attempting to flash this build. !!

Last edited:

mattatnoosa

Dec 18, 2009
Switching to the stock Rom to this on my S10e I noticed Raise to Wake isn't available anymore, anyway to get it back?

The4anoni

Sep 25, 2015
I just wanted to say on this ROM Dolby in Tidal and High Resolution native audio output in PowerAmp doesn't work. All of these features are working fine on stock. If music is important think twice before moving to this ROM.

T0M4N4NDR34S

Dec 8, 2017
Hello everyone!
First of all, thank you for this ROM! It's the first one I've flashed on this device, and so far it has been a great experience! I have noticed one issue however that I have not seen mentioned here before (so I wonder if I am the only one with it): when using the speakers on the device, the top speaker is quieter compared to the bottom one (and when using it with stock firmware), causing an imbalance in volume. Is this fixable?

DreckSoft

Oct 6, 2012
Based on the not working things in LOS 18.1

I guess Miracast now works?

About IMS (VoLTE and VoWifi), has anyone tried this (especially the build.prop settings)?

Do the front and back dual ambient light sensors work?

I thinks the prop settings are the easiest part. You would need to find all necessary parts from the stock rom and put them in the correct places. It's unlikely to succeed without very deep knowledge.
Maybe someone with that knowledge can do a Magisk module which injects all files and prop settings.
With 3G gone the phone always drops to 2G with the impact on voice quality. So VoLTE / VoWiFi would be a great addition.

t.l

Dec 11, 2016
i am having the same problem. Is the power button broken? Or is it a rom related issue?
The power button reacts 100% at the lockscreen, but is much less reliable when the screen is unlocked. Hence now I lean more towards ROM issue. Could go back to 18 or stock to know definitely, but the hassle again...

The power button reacts 100% at the lockscreen, but is much less reliable when the screen is unlocked. Hence now I lean more towards ROM issue. Could go back to 18 or stock to know definitely, but the hassle again...
now i am on stock rom, i am using stock rom with micro g, but i didn't use it much, still there was no problem with stock rom when i used this, i think it's a custom rom issue

Reactions: t.l

1989dsr

Sep 20, 2016
Hi all! Love the ROM and specifically chose my s10e to run it. I can make my peace with the battery life shown on the attached if it is what is, but I'm wondering if anyone thinks there's an issue with that sort of overnight battery drain? Would love to know your thoughts. Circa 2.5% per hour.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220707-075711_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.png
    Screenshot_20220707-075711_GSam Battery Monitor Pro.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can tell you Bluetooth will only show up in status bar, if it is connected. Simply being turned on, it will not show. Language I wouldnt know about, and casting to tv has been an issue on custom ROMs for a while I believe
    OK. Maybe an issue for you? But my Bluetooth is always on. But symbol only appears when my headphones, or car connects
    Hi,

you should not use Magisk cause it has problems with encryption. Use Lygisk instead: https://github.com/programminghoch10/Lygisk

Installation is easy. You can install it easy like the ROM. Just sideload the .zip file via adb in the recovery.

Greetz
    Cheers 7hr08ik!

Hey, just throw my 2 cents in....
    Lygisk is a fork of Magisk
    But, Lygisk is forked to tweak 1 thing. It allows you to update the ROM without having to re-flash it.
    Magisk will be lost when you update, so it was forked to include a patch and became Lygisk 😃

Yep, so I got all that, and that makes sense to me, but:

Its all the same except for this addition

given this is the case, that's exactly why I'm asking. 😊 I.e., Lygisk and Magisk differ only in one tiny detail related to the addon.d file - if that's the case, and Magisk deprecates the install via recovery - why does Lygisk not?

To repeat, in no way am I questioning this, I am absolutely sure the guys who forked Lygisk know 100% what they are doing (and I'm glad the install is so easy). It's purely a question to build my theoretical understanding. 🙂 I'm assuming: The install via recovery could cause some (unspecified) kind of problems on some ROMs, but Lineage is for some resilient against those. But I understand that may well be too much of a divergence from this thread, and apologise if so.
    Hello!

I am missing AudioFX (equalizer app). Is it not included into this LineageOS build?
    It was removed, due to incompatibility with Dolby Atmos 😃
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported, using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Only the provided lineage recovery will be supported, using TWRP might result in a possible data loss!
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820
    Thanks for that handy link. I'm curious to know what version of firmware I'm actually running right now for comparison. I looked for clues in the download mode screen as well as have a look at the output generated by heimdall print-pit. Is there a way to know? Also, Is there much risk of running into new problems if I just update the firmware on an up and running installation of LOS19.1 ?

Do adb shell getprop ro.boot.bootloader
    Most of the time baseband version from about phone also matches bootloader version but that doesn't always have to be the case.
    From my understanding, if the firmware is too old before installing lineage, either one must reflash the stock firmware then reinstall lineage (and have fun with backup/reinstall), or find a repackaged firmware that only includes the bits not rewritten by the lineage image, which I have not been able to fifind
    Have a look at the firmware update page for your device on https://lineage.linux4.de
    just updated from 18.1 to 19.1 version (big thank to developers!), everything seems to work fine, except for the split screen that doesn't work :unsure:
    It does work. Android 12 Launcher requires you to have at least two apps open to even show the Option tho, while 11 one always showed it.
    What is your--
    LineageOS version: 19.1
    LineageOS Download url:https://download.lineageos.org/beyond2lte
    Gapps version: not sure

Did you--
    wipe: no
    restore with titanium backup: restored with twrp
    reboot after having the issue: yes

Are you using--
    a task killer: no
    a non-stock kernel: no
    other modifications: magisk and viperfx

it was working fine for a good 5 days and today I decided to give it a twrp backup. On my first try backing it up, it got stuck at around 30% so I cancelled it and backed it up again. When I booted it up, I noticed that my Youtube Vanced app disappeared so I installed that again through the manager. At this point the phone basically freezes and the phone restarts by itself after a minute of being frozen. I tried restoring the twrp backup but I got the same issue. Im not sure if my attempts at backing the phone using twrp have any relation to the kernel panic but I figured I should include it. I attached the kmsg.txt

If you had read the OP you knew TWRP is not supported. Please flash full stock and start all over with lineage recovery.