[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19 for Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Exynos

Search This thread

FabioSan

Dec 2, 2013
Hello to everyone :)
A little question for you, users: did you found some performance improvements using this rom respect the Samsung one? I talk mostly in the gaming side :)

Reactions: sadiq_official

b-m-f

Aug 31, 2020
No. The 2022 variant is qcom instead of exynos and before you ask, no I won't be supporting it.
Hey there @Linux4 ,

i was looking at the Github repo you maintain.
Afaik only the CPU has been changed and I only found https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_gta4xlwifi/search?q=exynos9611 as references to the CPU.

Do you know if there are any other things I should check out before compiling a version to try on the new hardware?

I also never attempted the compilation, but am I correct in assuming that I could simply reflash stock via recovery in case my build is useless?

wowi63

Jul 8, 2017
Wileyfox Swift
Xiaomi Poco F1
Thank you very much,

i installed the ROM and at first sight everything does what it should.

I upgraded first to Android 12, then updated to securitypatchlevel of May.
You offer the ROM with the patches of July - excellent work!

When the device starts, i allways get two annoying screens that i do not use Samsungs OS.
Is there the oportunity to get rid of them?

Reactions: asdplokk

la0pe0Ue

Jan 9, 2018
Reactions: CuckooPenguin

la0pe0Ue

Jan 9, 2018
I've started testing a few things. I use ACCA from the Fdroid repos for battery management. In LineageOS 18.1 the kernel supported battery idle mode, now with LOS 19 it looks like this isn't supported anymore.

Would you please implement this again? It's really helpful for a good battery management so it doesn't charge up to 100%.
Second this.

Update: I find that battery idle mode is supported. The problem here is that the ACC in ACCA is too old. One should use AccSettings instead (the developer said that they would try to push to F-Droid). @sekret1

Last edited:

AndroLinx

Mar 8, 2020
Hi there,

I would like to root a Galaxy Tab S6 lite Wifi running on LineageOS 19.1 using Magisk 25.2.
The installation instructions I found on rooting suggest to download and patch an original Samsung firmware (e.g. https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html ).
In the Magisk forum I got the confirmation that in this case the LineageOS boot.img should be patched instead, but the question remained whether I need to follow some special steps in that case ?

Thanks in advance for any hints!

Iceman66

Aug 7, 2013
Hi there,

I would like to root a Galaxy Tab S6 lite Wifi running on LineageOS 19.1 using Magisk 25.2.
The installation instructions I found on rooting suggest to download and patch an original Samsung firmware (e.g. https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html ).
In the Magisk forum I got the confirmation that in this case the LineageOS boot.img should be patched instead, but the question remained whether I need to follow some special steps in that case ?

The magisk.zip file contains a script that patches the boot.img automatic. You can put the zip-file on a mirco SD-card, reboot to lineage recovery and flash the zip-file from SD-card.

Reactions: AndroLinx

la0pe0Ue

Jan 9, 2018
Hi there,

That "Samsung" section only applies to official ROMs, if I understand correctly.

You can simply follow the general instruction. If it is a bit too difficult, you could try Lygisk instead, which persists after ROM updates.

Reactions: AndroLinx

MichalPlays

Nov 5, 2015
Upgraded from the 18.1 to 19 and I have to say that the performance really improved after the upgrade. Sure, the performance was already great after LOS A11 release without Gapps but when I try to perform some multitasking work here, the app switch way faster on 19 than on 18.1.
Great job :)

TALUAtXDA

Nov 8, 2018
Where does the firmware over at https://lineage.linux4.de/fw_update/gta4xlwifi.html come from and how is it related to official samloader firmware?
The firmware available there (which is the bootloader and a few other related bits) is extracted from the "BL" part of the latest available Samsung stock firmware package, nothing more.

There's no such thing as "official samloader firmware" - Samloader is simply a tool that downloads official Samsung stock firmwares directly from Samsung's servers.
I don't know about Samloader but freja.exe has official Samsung Android 12, and LOS 19 is Android 12. The whole purpose of LOS 19 is to NOT be like official Samsung firmware.
That's quite unproductive rambling. To get anything running, some stuff from Samsung (proprietary vendor blobs, kernel..., as well as the bootloader for these devices to be able to boot anything at all (which is referred to by firmware in this case)) needs to be used, and there's no getting around that.

To get things working with new vendor blobs from or updated kernel sources for a newer version of Samsung's stock firmware, most often with a new major version, sometimes/oftentimes, a new bootloader/firmware MUST be installed, or else problems would occur.

Reactions: Linux4

AndroLinx

Mar 8, 2020
That "Samsung" section only applies to official ROMs, if I understand correctly.

You can simply follow the general instruction. If it is a bit too difficult, you could try Lygisk instead, which persists after ROM updates.
Thanks a lot for the info! Do you per chance know if modules like Riru and Riru-LSPosed would run the same way with Lygisk as they do with the original Magisk ? I need those for XprivacyLuaPro to work which is one of the major reasons for me for rooting the device besides of using SD Maid Pro for example.

Last edited:

AndroLinx

Mar 8, 2020
The magisk.zip file contains a script that patches the boot.img automatic. You can put the zip-file on a mirco SD-card, reboot to lineage recovery and flash the zip-file from SD-card.
Thanks for the info! This is what I have been doing for quite some time, I just read on John Wu's own page on Magisk that he discourages this way of installing Magisk now, that's why I was asking.

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Thanks for the info! This is what I have been doing for quite some time, I just read on John Wu's own page on Magisk that he discourages this way of installing Magisk now, that's why I was asking.
Just curious, but why would he discourage doing something that works? Did he give a reason? Flashing Magisk.zip in TWRP is the way I've always done it.

AndroLinx

Mar 8, 2020
Just curious, but why would he discourage doing something that works? Did he give a reason? Flashing Magisk.zip in TWRP is the way I've always done it.
On his page he just writes in the Chapter Custom Recovery:
"
This installation method is deprecated and is maintained with minimum effort. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Installing using custom recoveries is only possible if your device has boot ramdisk. Installing Magisk through custom recoveries on modern devices is no longer recommended. If you face any issues, please use the proper Patch Image method."

Maybe this is due to issues related to newer devices that feature Slot A & B ?

(Source: https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html - at the end of the page)

AndroLinx

Mar 8, 2020
Thanks a lot for the info! Do you per chance know if modules like Riru and Riru-LSPosed would run the same way with Lygisk as they do with the original Magisk ? I need those for XprivacyLuaPro to work which is one of the major reasons for me for rooting the device besides of using SD Maid Pro for example.
It would be great to know if anyone has experience running Lygisk instead of Magisk and can help me out with the question :)

murdem

Mar 9, 2017
herkese merhaba:)
Size küçük bir soru, kullanıcılar: Samsung'a saygı duyan bu romu kullanarak bazı performans iyileştirmeleri buldunuz mu? Çoğunlukla oyun tarafında konuşurum:)
M Hello. The speed is very good compared to the official rom. I haven't encountered any major bugs so far. Hello. The speed is very good compared to the official rom. I haven't encountered any major bugs so far.

Reactions: FabioSan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Speaking of which, is this a known issue, or would it be helpful for me to post a bug report with some battery logs or the like?

It's already fixed and the LTE model received a build with that fix already, WiFi model will have it with the next build.
    Might anyone know of a way to get this installed onto a model sm-p613?

That's a totally different device, it is not supported here (read the title - it says "Exynos", that new variant is qcom)
    Only SM-P610 and SM-P615 are supported.
    1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
    Telegram group

Contributors
    Linux4, haggertk, programminghoch10
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_gta4xl
    Speaking of which, is this a known issue, or would it be helpful for me to post a bug report with some battery logs or the like?

It's already fixed and the LTE model received a build with that fix already, WiFi model will have it with the next build.
    Upgrading the Samsung Firmware Without Losing Your Data, Apps & Settings

Why not include a link to it in the OP of this thread?

Done, thanks for the suggestion