[ROM][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 19 for Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Exynos

Search This thread

Linux4

Recognized Developer
1607247455067.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
Note: You may use Odin instead of Heimdall, for this you will need to rename the recovery image to recovery.img and pack it into a tar archive.

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Support
Telegram group

Contributors
Linux4, haggertk, programminghoch10
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
Kernel source: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_gta4xl

Last edited:
Upgrading the Samsung Firmware Without Losing Your Data, Apps & Settings

Thanks for supporting this device & others @Linux4. :cool: 👍

...Follow the instructions on the wiki page of your device...

In both wiki pages Installation and Upgrade to a higher version of LineageOS (e.g. lineage-18.1 -> lineage-19.1) it says in a red box:

⚠️WARNING: Before following these instructions please ensure that the device is currently using Android 12 firmware.

And you created a convenient custom Samsung Android 12 firmware package that one can use without losing Data, apps & settings: Update Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (Wi-Fi) (gta4xlwifi) :cool: 👍

It's also a much smaller download than the full Samsung OS.

Why not include a link to it in the OP of this thread?

For example haggertk did that for the Galaxy S5 klte* family:

Last edited:
Reactions: ascout and Linux4

SvenHee

Sep 11, 2014
Ede
Cool, thanks for all your work Linux4!

- Am I correct that you need to flash the firmware, lineage 19.1, gapps 12 arm 64 in one session before booting for the first time in order to not have to factory reset?
- Does one have to flash firmware before first boot in heimdall, then lineage (via adb), then gapps (via adb)?
- can the android 12 firmware be kept when downgrading back to lineage 18/ can I flash it and use it with lineage 18 before installing lineage 19?

Last edited:

sheepyq

Aug 30, 2020
Zagreb
sheepdev.xyz
Cool, thanks for all your work Linux4!

- Am I correct that you need to flash the firmware, lineage 19.1, gapps 12 arm 64 in one session before booting for the first time in order to not have to factory reset?
- Does one have to flash firmware before first boot in heimdall, then lineage (via adb), then gapps (via adb)?
- can the android 12 firmware be kept when downgrading back to lineage 18/ can I flash it and use it with lineage 18 before installing lineage 19?

I'm not Linux4, but I'll still try to answer.

1. Yes, you flash the firmware and all those in one session via Lineage recovery and then you restart
2. You have to use heimdall first, then flash recovery with it and then flash lineage and gapps with adb
3. Don't know

Also sorry if something is incorrect, I'm new to the ROM world and I just flashed Lineage today and this is what I did

- sheep

lol69 96

May 14, 2022
hey....why there is no lineage os 19.1 for lte version?
And Is it okay to flash linux4's link in my tab s6 lite lte which runs on oneui4.1?
I need to flash my tab before leaving for collge...please reply

@devs Ty for your work! I just flashed firmware and upgraded from los 18.1 to last nightly (lineage-19.1-20220511-nightly-gta4xlwifi-signed.zip).
I just want to report a minor bug: Mostly (not always) I can't add an installed app (drag and drop) to the screen.

Splintix98

Sep 15, 2016
Thanks for the work!
Now that LOS 19 has official support, can I expect the S Pen issues to be resolved?
Last time I installed an unofficial port of the ROM there were some major issues around responsiveness and lag when using the S Pen and it is critical to me (student).

uhero2

Nov 2, 2009
Nevermind, just sideload magisk from adb. Anyway, the rom is great, the pen is working well. I confirm the bug that you can't drag app on the homescreen. Also, I'm facing a weird bug: when I lock the screen through the power button, sometimes the tablet stops responding, pressing the power button does nothing and the screen stays black, I have to force restart with power + volume down

genziutek

May 14, 2010
P615. Recovery flashed by Odin and next sideload with ROM, Gapps, Lygisk. Work fine since flash. Zero reboots, crashes, etc.

Last edited:

sekret1

Jul 25, 2015
Bug report

LineageOS version: lineage-19.1-20220525-nightly-gta4xlwifi-signed
LineageOS Download url: https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/fu...e-19.1-20220525-nightly-gta4xlwifi-signed.zip
Gapps version: not installed

The bug appears after a fresh clean installation. I've installed the required firmware before the update.

I've rebooted after I've first seen the issue.

Modifications: none, it's pure LOS installation without anything else

Here's what happens:
I'm german and therefore sometimes I write in german, sometimes in english. I like to switch my keyboard according to the language I'm using.
With two keyboard languages activated in settings, I cannot get off the lock screen, because the keyboard doesn't appear and it looks weird over all.

I've recorded the screen right after a completely fresh installation and after finishing the setup wizard. First I switch to the lock screen, which I get out of with my password. Then after activating the second language, I cannot get out of the lock screen anymore.

I normally have another setup. I normally use the microG version and have Lygisk installed. But I'll keep my tablet in the current state for the next 2, maybe 3 days to be able to give more information if required.

Attachments

• 2022-05-25-Bug.mp4
    22.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: ascout

sekret1

Jul 25, 2015
Another thing. The installation is the same as in my bug report from yesterday.

I've started testing a few things. I use ACCA from the Fdroid repos for battery management. In LineageOS 18.1 the kernel supported battery idle mode, now with LOS 19 it looks like this isn't supported anymore.

Would you please implement this again? It's really helpful for a good battery management so it doesn't charge up to 100%.

Top Liked Posts