[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 19 for the Motorola Edge 30 (dubai)

Search This thread

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
PLEASE NOTE! This build is DISCONTINUED for Dubai as a newer version of LineageOS is now supported. Please find that thread.

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
#include

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- dubai (XT2203-1)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least 12-S1RD32M.55-67. If not? Please download and flash it first before installing this ROM.

Please follow the official instructions on the LineageOS Wiki here:

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

KNOWN BUGS/ISSUES
  • Widevine L1 lost upon bootloader unlock (reverting to stock ROM and relocking bootloader does restore it)
  • HBM flicker when you use UDFPS (screen will flash brightly for a split second)

MAIN DOWNLOADS

Lineage:
- Official:

- Unofficial:

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

- MindTheGapps:
http://downloads.codefi.re/jdcteam/javelinanddart/gapps

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

Please check the Telegram Edge 30 Photography group:

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE

Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

DONATIONS

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220925-114752_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220925-114752_Settings.png
    173 KB · Views: 337
  • Screenshot_20220925-114715_Action Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220925-114715_Action Launcher.png
    511.2 KB · Views: 323
  • Screenshot_20220925-114823_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220925-114823_Settings.png
    287.8 KB · Views: 300
  • Screenshot_20220925-114832_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220925-114832_Settings.png
    118.5 KB · Views: 296
  • Screenshot_20220925-114842_Advanced settings.png
    Screenshot_20220925-114842_Advanced settings.png
    156.7 KB · Views: 293
  • Screenshot_20220925-114911_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220925-114911_Settings.png
    160.3 KB · Views: 293
  • Screenshot_20220925-115038_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220925-115038_Settings.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 345

Adam Simpson

Sep 28, 2022
There should be a 'reboot to recovery' between step 9 and 10, otherwise an Error prompts when flashing ROM zip, indicating logical partitions are mapped.

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
lineage-19.1-20220928-UNOFFICIAL-dubai Heyyo, public test build #2 is up! This contains MotCamera4 to replace the mediocre AOSP camera2 app and also some blob updates from latest Dubai including some RIL changes, so please anyone with Jio SIM cards test this (from what I've been told, it's best to provision your SIM card on stock ROM to ensure it will work on custom ROMs). It also has Double-Tap 2 Wake (DT2W).

Installation instructions are the same as on this wiki preview

Special thanks to @SagarMakhar @grewal @sb6596 for their work on UDFPS, DT2W and MotCamera4!!!

Thanks @Adam Simpson for that I forgot about it

Reactions: crubbish

Adam Simpson

Sep 28, 2022
Thanks @ThE_MarD for the effort on this rom, it's really a perfect rom I'm looking for!!
The only thing is that speakers doesn't work...I can't hear anything in all apps. Any idea why does it happen? Wired and Bluetooth earphone works well though.
BTW, I modified boot.img by magisk to get rooted.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThE_MarD

Adam Simpson

Sep 28, 2022
@ThE_MarD Sorry for the late reply, log is attached here. I opened Netflix, played a movie for seconds and turned up volume on speaker. Seems audio device is not found? Just a guess...

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4

101_North

Nov 6, 2013
Is it possible to add Chromecast volume control via the volume buttons? I know this was missing in Android 12 but I thought it was possible again in 12L. Also is possible to add AptX Adaptive? Cheers

Should have said - great job on this. Much appreciated.

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @101_North , thanks for the feedback and kind words! :)

For Chromecast volume? Afaik it was removed on A12 due to legal reasons (probably the disputes with Sonos), but if you go into the Google Home app you can select the device and control volume in there.

I'll have to check into AptX Adaptive though and see what's going on. Afaik everything should be in place for both AptX and AptX Adaptive... I have an older BT headset where I can test non-adaptive so I'll check that first and see what logcat shows me

Reactions: 101_North

101_North

Nov 6, 2013
Thanks for looking into AptX Adaptive. It was greyed out for me in developer settings with my headphones connecting in AptX HD only. Worked OK on stock. The Chromecast volume thing was supposedly possible again in Android 12L but I may be mistaken. In fact that's almost certain :ROFLMAO:

Cheers

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
@101_North so I think AptX Adaptive doesn't work for us because we are on the AOSP Bluetooth HAL...

Can you please connect your BT headset and then dump logcat? I can check if there's something missing there just in case I'm wrong.

On Android 13 (LOS 20) the AOSP BT HAL does support AptX Adaptive, so it should definitely work there.

Reactions: 101_North

101_North

Nov 6, 2013
I've temporarily gone back to stock. Sorry! Should push LOS again soon so I can test it then. I knew you'd ask. The minute I flashed stock I knew you'd ask 😭

FunkyRasta

Feb 4, 2013
Kraków
I bought Dubai without thinking there will be any development but here go with official LOS, thanks @ThE_MarD

I'm just sad that this thread won't get traction and all important stuff will be in countless telegram groups... Hindering both development and users. With Edge 30 being so popular and with original development now - Admins/Moderators @mark manning could we get an Motorola Edge 30 device forum, please?

About ROM, I'm getting a strong itch to unlock BL and try... Maybe I will ask before:
- is Dolby from stock working?
- are Motocam's basic features like night, photo, video working?
- I know we get downgraded to L3 Widevine, anyone got back to stock and can confirm L1 is back?

Dubai FTW, thanks everyone!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PLEASE NOTE! This build is DISCONTINUED for Dubai as a newer version of LineageOS is now supported. Please find that thread.

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- dubai (XT2203-1)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least 12-S1RD32M.55-67. If not? Please download and flash it first before installing this ROM.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

KNOWN BUGS/ISSUES
    • Widevine L1 lost upon bootloader unlock (reverting to stock ROM and relocking bootloader does restore it)
    • HBM flicker when you use UDFPS (screen will flash brightly for a split second)

MAIN DOWNLOADS

Lineage:
    - Official:

- Unofficial:

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

- MindTheGapps:
    http://downloads.codefi.re/jdcteam/javelinanddart/gapps

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

Please check the Telegram Edge 30 Photography group:

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE

Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

DONATIONS

Heyyo @pakku90 , sure! Here you go
    Heyyo @FunkyRasta thanks man! You are very kind and was also the first to donate me for my development on Dubai too :love:

It would be nice to get a device forum since there's already a lot of other Motorola Edge device forums too and XDA even had a news article about Edge 30 releasing

You can post in the XDA New Device Forum Request thread here too

For Dolby tbh I haven't tried that stuff but maybe someone else can comment on that...

Basic features of Moto Camera works fine, just no night mode and no HDR Video recording unfortunately

I've heard from Dubai users that they did get Widevine L1 after reverting back to stock and relocking their Bootloader

This was the guide they used for that

I did use official Bootloader unlock as I don't have warranty on my Dubai anyways, but I've heard unofficial unlock bypasses Motorola systems so you can retain warranty but I have no experience trying that stuff tbh

@101_North no worries. Other developers have told me that AptX Adaptive only works on QTI Bluetooth HAL on A12 but on AOSP BT HAL it will work for A13. I think something wasn't working correctly for us and that is why our Moto sm7325-common tree was already on AOSP BT HAL before I even got LOS booting for it
    Heyyo, great news! We will be going official with LineageOS 19.1 for dubai! The first official build is slated for Thursday
    I bought Dubai without thinking there will be any development but here go with official LOS, thanks @ThE_MarD

I'm just sad that this thread won't get traction and all important stuff will be in countless telegram groups... Hindering both development and users. With Edge 30 being so popular and with original development now - Admins/Moderators @mark manning could we get an Motorola Edge 30 device forum, please?

About ROM, I'm getting a strong itch to unlock BL and try... Maybe I will ask before:
    - is Dolby from stock working?
    - are Motocam's basic features like night, photo, video working?
    - I know we get downgraded to L3 Widevine, anyone got back to stock and can confirm L1 is back?

Dubai FTW, thanks everyone!