[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 20 for Xiaomi Poco F1

Search This thread

Sam.1211

Jan 26, 2015
Any way to boost charging speed? I'm getting realy good battery backup so I'd like to not change the default kernel.

chillipig

Jun 22, 2015
Hi

Can anyone lay out the officially correct way to upgrade my LOS?

I’m currently on lineage-19.1-20220709-nightly-beryllium-signed wanting to go to lineage-19.1-20221224-nightly-beryllium-signed.

Recovery is twrp-3.7.0_9-0-beryllium official

Magisk 25.2

Originally installed along side NikGapps-core-arm64-12.1-20220501-signed

Also unencrypted with DFE.zip

Shortly after getting this F1 I tried to update to a later 19.1 build but it resulted in a boot loop, my TWRP backup restored but with a launcher crash I couldn’t fix.

I would just like to know if I should reflash DFE or not, reflash latest NikGapps or not, uninstall Magisk first etc?

Could really do without a day setting up everything from scratch again.

Thanks.

guhvanoh

Hi

Can anyone lay out the officially correct way to upgrade my LOS?

I’m currently on lineage-19.1-20220709-nightly-beryllium-signed wanting to go to lineage-19.1-20221224-nightly-beryllium-signed.

Thanks.
Best to start by looking in the LOS19.1 forum thread. This here is for LOS20. Pretty sure there'll be correct instructions there.

jojy thomas

Sep 13, 2016
Kottayam
Screenshot_20230125-004350.png
Is Bluetooth LE audio disabled on lineage too?

Peixeiro

Mar 13, 2012
Hi, I install LOS 20, from stock ROM, with LOS Recovery, Magisk, SafetyNet, ANXCamera, Encrypted, ... and for me all is working great.
Only missing IR Face Unlock!

But, yesterday I do OTA update and Magisk was unistaled and modules disappear...
Any way to keek Magisk when make OTA update?

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5

alberto88a

Mar 5, 2010
Giarre
Hello, not sure it's happening to anyone else but I had issues with the wifi tethering today. Once the laptop was connected the icon in the notif bar started blinking and the connection was not working. No issue at all with USB tethering...

Tremolo4

Dec 2, 2017
Just upgraded from 19.1 2022-12-17 to 20.0 2023-01-28. Everything seems to works so far.
I am using MindTheGapps and Magisk. Storage is on FBE since clean-installing 19.1.
I created a patched boot image with the Magisk Manager app beforehand, by extracting the boot.img from the OTA zip and transferring to phone and back.
Then:
1. Flash new recovery (with fastboot)
2. Boot to recovery
3. Sideload OTA zip
4. Flash Magisk-patched boot.img with recovery fastboot mode
5. Sideload MindTheGapps A13 zip
6. Reboot to system and all done

Big thanks to bgcngm and the rest of the LineageOS team!

Reactions: GeForce66

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today I tried several things with my mobile 2. Nothing really helped. Funny though that on my mobile 1 everything works as expected and on my second phone there are still some funny things going on. Although I am using the same LOS20, same TWRP, same Tipatch, same everything. But in detail:
    I reformatted my mobile 2 in TWRP and did a LOS20 setup from scratch. Then I installed Magisk and no Modules. Then Neo backup and Swift backup. NOW NeoBackup it was possible to select the external Storage as backup folders. (Neobackup wants a special folder though)
    BUT still tipatch does NOT patch my twrp as expected. It just crashes before it says "recovery patched". I am now trying to find any hints in my logfiles but I am not really that experienced in checking them.
    One funny thing I noticed in my mobile 1: I have an app called "notepad" installed. If I save one of the texts I can select my external card and save it. BUT if I select them all and then try to select the external sd card I get the exact blank window from my screenshot above.
    I will not give up on this. I will keep you informed. (Sorry for my bad english though)
    Found another "fix" additionally yesterday: I had the problem that "files" (the files manager in lineage 20) did not show the sdcard on the left window pane. Neither the internal storage was schown on the sidebar. (But all files and folders in the middle of the window) Booting into "safe mode" and then cleaning the "cache" and "data" of "files" brought this sidebar back. So now I can tip on "Grant Access" again BUT the problem still exists that I am told: "to protect your privacy please choose another folder". If I chose another folder then I am told "You have to select the top folder". But at least some apps still work, but not all.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13 (T), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:
    yG18r6g.png

Working:
    • Camera (and flashlight)
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Telephony (Calls and Data)
    • IMS (RCS, VoLTE and WiFi Calling)
    • Audio (Record and Playback)
    • Video Playback
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • Encryption (FBE)
    • WiFi Display

Broken:
    • Nothing (?)

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Poco F1 variants.​
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 10 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI v12.0.3.0 global stable package.​

Device wiki:
    Downloads:
    Installation:
    • Follow instructions found in the respective wiki page
    Yes, that turned out to be my problem with bluetooth. Turning off the AAC HD setting fixes the audio issue. I dont know how big of an issue that is for audiophiles, in my headphones i dont notice any difference on and off. In any case, its a bug.
    It will be fixed in upcoming builds.
    I've not noticed it on my device
    Nevermind, I have figured it out. Turns out that the "latest" update to the touchscreen driver introduced this issue. The touchscreen was being flashed with a wrong firmware, which in my case was leading to these touchscreen issues from time to time. I have just pushed the fix and it will be available in the next build.
    Installation Guides📚
    Official way of installation can be found at OP.

Installation Guides: 👨‍🏫
    Clean Install via TWRP:

• Backup your data to PC or SDCard if you have.
    • Downland:
      - TWRP by REIGNZ v2 [twrp-beryllium-v3.7.0-A12-V2.img] - [Current Bugs/Issues & Workarounds]
      - Latest build of Official LineageOS ROM and optional LineageOS Recovery from the same link, if you want to flash that later.
      - Optional A13 GApps of your choice.
    • Boot, flash and reboot to TWRP. [Check Install Custom Recovery Guide]
    • Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe -> Select Dalvik / ART Cache, System, System_EXT, Data, Internal Storage, Vendor, Cache and then Swipe to Wipe.
    • Reboot to recovery once again (needed due to a current issue with TWRP by REGINZ) and then Format data > type yes.
    • Transfer the files you previously downloaded into Internal Storage, while you are connected and into TWRP from PC to your Device. If you have SDcard or USB OTG you can also use that.
      [TWRP by REIGNZ have an issue, if PC doesn't recognize the device, press in twrp menu, Advanced > File Manager > and find and select sdcard folder aka Internal Storage > go back and now your pc should be able to recognize the device]
    • Flash ROM > GApps. NOTE: ROM IS FORCE ENCRYPTED
    • [Optional] Flash LineageOS recovery by pressing "Install Image > Navigate and Select the LineageOS Recovery > Flash it to recovery partition.
    • Reboot and Enjoy!
    • [Optional] In case you want to change Kernel to NGK or SC [SE version - aka System_Ext], flash it after the first boot of the ROM.
    • [Optional] In you case you want Root, flash Magisk after the first boot of the ROM.
    SafetyNet & Certified Play Store:⚠️
    • Official LineageOS doesn't pass SafetyNet or have certified Play Store by default. [Read here why]
    • Root your device with Magisk and Follow this Guide (or this) to pass SafetyNet and have certified Play Store. [YouTube Video Guide]

OTA Upgrade/Update:
    ⚠️Warning⚠️

• Only use OTA if you are encrypted. Simply go to updater and press install, everything will be automatic.

Dirty Installation via TWRP:
    {Manually Upgrade/Update the ROM}

• Download:
      - TWRP by REIGNZ [twrp-beryllium-v3.7.0-A12.img] - [Current Bugs/Issues & Workarounds]
      - Latest build of Official LineageOS ROM and optional LineageOS Recovery from the same link, if you want to flash that later.
      - Optional A13 GApps of your choice.
    • Wipe System, System_Ext, Dalvik ART/ Cache, Cache, Vendor.
    • Flash ROM > GApps > [Optional]Magisk.
    • Reboot and Enjoy!
    Notes:🗒️
    New build 20230610 works fine!
    Does someone know if we get the settings for the f1? https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_lineage-sdk/+/347826
    The 20230617 build includes the charging control settings and it's present for the Poco F1.
    I just flashed so I can't confirm it's working yet, but I suppose if it shows up in settings it's highly likely it will work.
    Great feature, thanks a lot LineageOS team to implement it!
    See settings - battery - charging control :

IMG_20230618_085540.jpg