I tried but SVPlayer need Google Play Services. Sorry
They have an ungoogled version.

1642618928823.png

Thank you.

Last edited:

FigliDiGP

Apr 10, 2020
Yes it's working with this version ...

"Unfortunately this device doesn't provide OpenCL support and we really need it for the frame interpolation magic."

Reactions: smoke87

mrhamed

Apr 19, 2014
I have 2019 pro & installed the latest build lineage-17.1-20220119-nightly-mdarcy-signed.zip without any gapps.
The Ethernet cable is connected but device does not detect it !
1642771349529.png

Any idea ?

mrhamed

Apr 19, 2014
I faced with several issues on MDARCY lineage-17.1-20220119:
1) I'm using wired network connection, on every reboot the Ethernet connection lost and I have to unplug an re-plug the cable physically to fix :( any solution?!
2) WiFi network does not allow set the static IP, (my router does not configured as DHCP server.)
3) After press power button on remote control the device's green light stay on continuously. (on official nvidia rom it goes off as soon as press power button on remote control)

I have to use my external HDD with ext4 fs, so I have to use LOS because official nvidia kernel does not support ext4, please fix issue number (1) as soon as possible, Thank you developers...

Last edited:

mrhamed

Apr 19, 2014
temporary workround for Ethernet issue (and WiFi static address) with Magisk boot-script:

1) make a boot-script file: su touch /data/adb/post-fs-data.d/set_ip
2) su chmod +x /data/adb/post-fs-data.d/set_ip
2) put below script in file:

#!/system/bin/sh while [ "$(getprop sys.boot_completed)" != 1 ]; do sleep 1; done ifconfig eth0 down sleep 4 ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 route add default gw 192.168.0.1 dev eth0 ifconfig eth0 up ifconfig wlan0 down sleep 4 ifconfig wlan0 192.168.0.3 netmask 255.255.255.0 route add default gw 192.168.0.1 dev wlan0 ifconfig wlan0 up

Magisk boot-script ref:

Reactions: Kladderadatsch

Don_Pachuco

Jan 25, 2014
Milwaukee
Do you need to be rooted to use this? I have a P2571, which I think is a 2017 Pro. Is there se way to do that, now that Nvidia did the Android 11 upgrade/update? Since I am going to be swapping to an SSD, I'll technically have a failsafe with the OEM HDD.

Could use links, steps, or instructions to make it rain... 😉

mrhamed

Apr 19, 2014
lineage-17.1-20220126 issues:
1) on every reboot the Ethernet connection lost and I have to unplug an re-plug the cable physically to get connectivity.
2) WiFi network does not allow set the static IP, (my router does not configured as DHCP server.)
3) After press power button on remote control the device's green light stay on continuously. (on official nvidia rom it goes off as soon as press power button on remote control)

mrhamed

Apr 19, 2014
@mrhamed Unfortunately I can't say much about your first two points, because I connect my Shield via dhcp and that works wonderfully.
Steel01 has already commented on the green light issue (post #600).
Thank you for reply, does the green light issue mean the device does not power off completely?
Other issue is: the rom does not contains default file manager(com.android.documentsui) as storage-access-permission-provider to other apps!

Can you help me to configure samba please: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...gure-use-samba-server-with-lineageos.4392839/

Magissia

May 9, 2012
Is there a changelog to follow known issues ? At some point it was mentioned a problem with colors exist but it is time consuming to read each posts to find if someone declare it is resolved.

If not a changelog, maybe a know issue list on first post ?

mrhamed

Apr 19, 2014
I have Wi-Fi connection issue(device does not connect) with lineage-17.1-20220209, Wi-Fi access-point is not hidden... can you help?

I have Wi-Fi connection issue(device does not connect) with lineage-17.1-20220209, Wi-Fi access-point is not hidden... can you help?
Unfortunately, I do not have a crystal ball. The best would be a logcat. But I remember that I also had problems to connect to wifi. The shield did not want to connect permanently to 5Ghz (channel 36 to 48). With channel 100 it worked. I never tried 2.4 Ghz wifi.

Reactions: jenneh and mrhamed

mrhamed

Apr 19, 2014
Unfortunately, I do not have a crystal ball. The best would be a logcat. But I remember that I also had problems to connect to wifi. The shield did not want to connect permanently to 5Ghz (channel 36 to 48). With channel 100 it worked. I never tried 2.4 Ghz wifi.
I can't bypass lineageos setup, how I can achieve the logcat ?!

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
I'll try to capture the logcat for the Feb 9th 2022 build directly from LineageOS' builds page. To answer your question @mrhamed, you need to have an ethernet cable connected to your router or your computer to achieve the setup screen. Keep note that the Wifi bug is still present as I'm also experiencing the same issue too.

Reactions: jenneh and mrhamed

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
Here's the Wifi logcat I've captured. There's a lot of package names not found after logging the bug. Take a look:

Attachments

• mdarcyshieldtvpro2019wifilogcat.txt
    638.1 KB · Views: 2

Skel40

Dec 27, 2019
Moto G 5G
The weirdest part about this Wifi bug is the setup page. As it connects to the Wifi it forces a reboot but after connecting the ethernet and getting passed the setup, the bug is still occurring and takes a while randomly until it starts to trigger a reboot on the Shield TV 2019 with the Wifi connected.

The last bit of code before it reboots is really strange.

Code:
02-13 15:02:42.524 4464 9132 V NativeCrypto: SSL shutdown failed: ssl=0x3020350f48: I/O error during system call, Software caused connection abort
02-13 15:02:42.542 4464 9132 V NativeCrypto: SSL shutdown failed: ssl=0x3079c605c8: I/O error during system call, Software caused connection abort
02-13 15:02:42.796 5793 9152 V NativeCrypto: SSL shutdown failed: ssl=0x3080246cc8: I/O error during system call, Software caused connection abort
02-13 15:02:42.850 4464 9132 V NativeCrypto: SSL shutdown failed: ssl=0x3020350c48: I/O error during system call, Software caused connection abort
02-13 15:02:42.979 11095 11095 I Finsky:background: [2] jfi.onDestroy(8): IPC-SERVER: Stopping gRPC host service...
read: unexpected EOF!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed or Magisk
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console_ramoops. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for the Shield Android TV, ROM for the nVidia Shield Android TV

Contributors
    Steel01
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_nvidia_foster

ROM OS Version: 10.0 Q
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 17.1

Created 2017-07-06
    Last Updated 2021-10-15
    So, working on pulling in the updates from the stock oreo release. Finally getting a few things to work that either haven't for a while or never did in the first place.

1. Geforce Now is working again, like the login screen actually displays something again. (and on a side note, I'm liking some things I'm seeing) Right now, I'm having to hack a piece of it due to the shield hub app not fully supporting Android 8.1. I've contacted Nvidia and am hopeful they will release proper support in the Hub app so I won't have to actually push said hack official.
    2. Did someone say 4K? Second only to support for the original wireless controllers, this has bugged me for a while. Well, this wait is finally over. With the blobs from Oreo, 4k finally 'just works'. No weird broken stuff anymore. Now, switching between a 1080p and 4k display without wiping seems to do odd scaling atm, but at least it's not completely broken like previous releases were.
    3. So, this isn't complete yet, not by a long shot. And who know if once I do get it working whether it'll be suitable for official builds. But that thing I mentioned last point? Support for the wifi-direct controllers? Yeah, Nvidia actually released some of the major pieces that were missing for that. I'm fairly close to making it work, but haven't quite got all the pieces together yet. Once I get all the rest of the stuff stable and pushed up for official builds, I'm going to dive back into this and hopefully *finally* crack this nut.

So yeah, I'm working on cleaning this all up and doing stability tests. I'm hoping to finish clean up this weekend and spend the next week sanity testing with intentions to release for builds a week from Monday. 'Course, life (tm) can always happen, but things are looking fairly up for this device. Look forward to further updates.
    Work has started on foster/mdarcy 18.1. It's running fairly well. Waiting on the next Linux4Tegra major release to hopefully give usable git history for pieces of the kernel. That should be out later this month. Sepolicy also needs some *major* work, I'm starting that today. Once 18.1 is in good shape, the plan is still to shift to working on 19.0, polish it up, and ship that. It's not going to ship in the next couple weeks, but I sincerely hope that it won't take more than two months. But as always, #stuffcanhappen.

TL;DR: work is still ongoing.
    Been a while since I posted here, so small info dump update.

Nvidia has officially released Pie as Shield Experience 8.0.0. The recovery images are available, but no source yet. I've done some analysis of the recovery images and things look fairly positive. The new graphics stack is in better shape than the one from 7.2.x, though I still haven't got it to boot to launcher yet. Once the source release is out, I'll be able to finish importing everything and hopefully a lot of the stuff I've worked on over the last year will 'just work'. But I have no indication of how long it's going to take to get said source release.
    So, Stock Oreo is getting a staggered rollout. Once I get my hands on a copy (haven't been able to get an ota link yet and recovery images and aosp code isn't out yet), I'll start work on it. Initial report is that twrp doesn't boot on the new bootloader, so this is gonna be a fun transition. Queue the troubles with shieldtablet M all over again. ><